John Terry

DavidEU

18 minutes ago, Styles said:

Heard he had an awful game last night. Was he playing LCB in a 3? That's a lot of space to cover for somebody who has negative pace and the turning circle of an air plane.

Yeah he was LCB, Cahill in center and Luiz on the right. He got outdone on pace several times. His turning and reaction time is bad, I'm afraid he's done on top level.

No place for him in an XI with 3 at the back. He just doesnt have the wheels or comfort in the system or high line. That being said he does have a place in the squad, a very important place, hopefully he accepts it(i think he will) and makes his last year with the team beneficial for everyone. He can be extremely useful helping the youth and being a consummate professional. 

Whether he go to China or America I think as a player this has to be his last season at Chelsea. I would gladly hire him in a coaching/ambassador role next year however I think he will go to a smaller league and play a bit more before coming back.

7 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

No place for him in an XI with 3 at the back. He just doesnt have the wheels or comfort in the system or high line. That being said he does have a place in the squad, a very important place, hopefully he accepts it(i think he will) and makes his last year with the team beneficial for everyone. He can be extremely useful helping the youth and being a consummate professional. 

Whether he go to China or America I think as a player this has to be his last season at Chelsea. I would gladly hire him in a coaching/ambassador role next year however I think he will go to a smaller league and play a bit more before coming back.

I prefer him joining the technical staff of the first team like Giggs did at United or the youth teams. He's currently doing his manager papers so... 

I took him as my assistant last year in FM16 lol. Lamps, Drogba and Cech as youth trainers later on. If that ever becomes reality...I hope so but I doubt it as I always sack Emenalo in a CFC FM save and I doubt that'll even ever happen in real life. 

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Yeah he was LCB, Cahill in center and Luiz on the right. He got outdone on pace several times. His turning and reaction time is bad, I'm afraid he's done on top level.

What game were you watching mate? Played the first half in the Centre with Cahill to the left and Luiz to the right. In the second half he moved to the left with Luiz taking the central spot while Cahill moved to the right.

2 hours ago, NiclasCFC said:

What game were you watching mate? Played the first half in the Centre with Cahill to the left and Luiz to the right. In the second half he moved to the left with Luiz taking the central spot while Cahill moved to the right.

Only watched second half till about 70th minute. The stream sucked so I switched to the Manchester game midway through. I swear I remember Luiz on the right and Terry on the left, but I may be mixing 1st half (watched the few last minutes) and 2nd half.

10 hours ago, Captain Ahmed said:

ON THIS DAY: In 1998, John Terry made his first-team debut for Chelsea during a 4-1 victory over Aston Villa.#TalkChelsea#

Image result for 28 october 1998 terry

I remember that he was one of three youngsters who came through- Jon Harley also made his debut that year and Jody Morris had been Chels Young Player of the Year

|Terry: Lessons from a legend|

1478623808260.jpg

Twenty years after he signed for Chelsea, the impact and influence Gianfranco Zola had around the club can still be felt. Speaking exclusively to the club's official website, John Terry, the most successful captain in our history, pays tribute to his former team-mate and one of the true greats...

When Gianfranco Zola signed for the Blues from Parma on 8 November 1996, John Terry was just a teenage boy with big dreams.His only target at that time was doing enough in training, and when playing for our youth and reserve teams, to earn his Chelsea debut which would eventually come in a League Cup game against Aston Villa in 1998.Terry remembers Zola’s arrival vividly and explains why the Italian, who was an established international when he joined, had such a positive impact on everybody at the club.

‘When he came his professionalism stood out,’ Terry says. ‘He was such a big name in world football but he really took to the younger players. I was only 16, doing my YTS, but he had so much time for everyone. He always wanted to help us younger players and give us advice.‘I’d always try to watch the way he prepared for training and games. As a kit boy I used to have to be in at 7.30am or 8am in the morning and he would come in at the same time. He’d be in the gym stretching and doing strength work which, back then, was unheard of really, so he was very much ahead of his time. It was great to pick his brains and we’d always be asking him questions about what he was doing and why he was doing certain things.‘He ended up making a head-tennis court in the gym, it was only tiny but he got the tape out and we’d use a little ball, he used to beat us all every morning. He was such a big star but to see how he prepared for training and what he ate was great, he took care of himself in every way.’

Terry says the guidance he was given by Zola during his early days has benefited him immensely over the course of what has been an outstanding career.

‘He set high standards at the club, he didn’t accept people not working hard or not trying, and obviously when you have players like Gianfranco around it naturally lifts the quality and intensity of the sessions,’ he adds.‘Even after training he’d grab a bag of balls, call you over as a young defender and run at you, twisting, turning and leaving you in tangles. It was all a learning curve, though, because he would step in and tell you where to position your body to make it more difficult for the striker. He was always offering advice.‘It was the same with his free-kicks. Over the years we saw so many of them go in the top corner and as a youngster watching from the stands, every time we got a free-kick on the edge of the box you fancied him to score. That was purely because he worked so hard and practiced them over and over. That was a massive lesson to us all back then.’

Terry went on to play alongside Zola many times, but while he was delighted to be on the same team as the little maestro in competitive matches, it was a different story in training.‘Training against him was a nightmare because he had everything,’ says the Chelsea captain. ‘He could drop off and play in that little hole where he would twist and turn on the ball, but he was also very quick and he worked hard on his explosiveness.‘His ability on the ball was just natural, he was one of the best players I’ve ever seen. As a centre-half you didn’t know whether to get tight against him because if you did, he’d be able to spin and go in behind, and he also had the acceleration to pull away.’

Zola was a hugely popular figure with supporters during his time at the club and the example he set to the likes of Terry wasn’t just limited to the pitch, as his former team-mate explains.

‘He’d always have time for the fans after a game and he stressed to us younger players the importance of doing that,’ Terry recalls.‘He’d tell us that one day there would be a time when nobody wanted your autograph and little things like that have always stuck with me.‘He gave us so many great memories and he’s a true legend at this club.’

chelseafc.com

Have you ever heard of so much bollox!! Bever in a fuckin million years.

I know its Squawka but you dont expect this sorta BS from the likes oif Butch

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Have you ever heard of so much bollox!! Bever in a fuckin million years.

I know its Squawka but you dont expect this sorta BS from the likes oif Butch

Ray Wilkins must be stealing Kerry Dixon coke lol that's not going to happen JT will end up in America or China 

I have only see 2-3 full games, so I'm mostly judging you guys based on highlights but I don't rate Branislav Ivanovic - he always looks prone to making mistakes and he just has this slowness about him. Last season, I honestly he let Chelsea down quite a bit and if I was Conte I would replace him. I've said similar about Cahill here, I don't rate him either and he's certainly no John Terry. However, he's stable enough if you could sign a solid partner to go alongside him.

Personally with regards to John Terry, I would offer him a one year rolling contract.

Get him involved in coaching, use him as backup/rotation. Clubs seem to get rid of these types of leaders that can make important people to the development of players - especially youngsters. Steven Gerrard at Liverpool for example - a true leader and someone youngsters will look upto, likewise, I felt the same when Chesea allowed Frank Lampard go. This mistake shouldn't be repeated with John Terry, you've got a great academy, if the wages don't become an issue - I don't see why he couldn't remain as a figure head/coach.