John Terry

DavidEU

12 hours ago, mccg said:

Can't rely on our defence,might as well put them under pressure in the attacking end,and at home lets go for it,don't see this being a 0-0!

Best form of defense is to attack notion is a myth, we have been picking of those type of teams for years Arsenal, Brendan's Liverpool,  Pellegrinis City (last season aside), even Barcelona.

Liverpool are at their devastating best when the opposition defense is committed and their array off attacking talent can attack at pace, to play into their hands like that would be suicide.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Best form of defense is to attack notion is a myth, we have been picking of those type of teams for years Arsenal, Brendan's Liverpool,  Pellegrinis City (last season aside), even Barcelona.

Liverpool are at their devastating best when the opposition defense is committed and their array off attacking talent can attack at pace, to play into their hands like that would be suicide.

I actually do believe there is some merit in the notion. The correct term we're looking for however is 'smart' attacking. Attacking recklessly like those teams you've mentioned will not do it. Being smart with the ball and covering the right spaces is the way to do it. 

12 hours ago, Tomo said:

The ideology looking at our players and how we have defended, is that when especially at home  the onus should be to attack teams, not total gung-ho but be on the front foot pressing and giving the opposition trouble right from the start to set the tempo for the game , Kante will hopefully make a big difference in breaking down their counter attack foosball.

Why the press talk about Terry as he still is a solid and great CB is beyond me. The only reason must be some kind of bias related with Terry being one of the few English defenders playing for top clubs in Premier League. Right after the game I've read in some paper a talk about the team suffering from Terry's absences. Actually for the past season we kept conceding stupid goals, and Terry was involved in most of those matches. Terry is one of the reasons this defense is not solid. Against Swansea team conceded 2 goals and he was around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Captain, leader, legend... manager? Terry reveals the tactical charts he is studying as he plans for life after he finally retires at Chelsea

John Terry shows off tactical charts and training drill ideas as Chelsea legend seems to suggest his plans to become a coach are back on track 

• Chelsea stalwart John Terry is studying for his UEFA coaching badges
  • The former England captain had said he wants to be a 'shirt-and-tie' gaffer
  • The 35-year-old suggested in March that he was cooling on the idea
  • But he posted a picture of his homework on Instagram on Thursday
  • His one-year deal at Stamford Bridge will run out at the end of the season 

By SAM MORSHEAD FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 03:53 +11:00, 14 October 2016 | UPDATED: 04:14 +11:00, 14 October 2016

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3836752/John-Terry-shows-tactical-charts-training-drill-ideas-Chelsea-legend-suggest-plans-coach-track.html

2 hours ago, jernej93 said:

Make him assistant manager as soon as he retires.

I agree with this I would let JT be youth team coach and let him work himself up till 1st team head coach the same way pep started off at Barcelona look at pep now he's the best manager in the world 

20 hours ago, the wes said:

I agree with this I would let JT be youth team coach and let him work himself up till 1st team head coach the same way pep started off at Barcelona look at pep now he's the best manager in the world 

Pep is not the best in the world.

• 2 weeks later...