John Terry

DavidEU

6 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

What makes the last couple of pages funny is that he is still our best available CB and the second best defender in the entire team

Yes he is not good enough to be starting for us anymore and OF COURSE we need several signings in defense, but how in the world is HE alone the one setting us back when he is still better than every fit defender at the club bar Azpilicueta?! 

The board and management have shockingly failed to sign badly needed top defenders since Luiz left. That can't be pinned on JT. 

Not blaming him bud he's just doing his job at a place he loves and still wants to win.

I'm sure he realizes hes too slow and it must hurt him. But we really cant be sentimentle.

He deserves a big hug, a proper testiminial, chuck up a statue next to the Cat. lert his contract run out and promote him to player moral manage.r.

Or will he want to goto US or China?

I wouldnt mind if he went to North London to join Petr.

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Not blaming him bud he's just doing his job at a place he loves and still wants to win.

I'm sure he realizes hes too slow and it must hurt him. But we really cant be sentimentle.

He deserves a big hug, a proper testiminial, chuck up a statue next to the Cat. lert his contract run out and promote him to player moral manage.r.

I don't disagree with that (apart from seeing him in an Arsenal shirt!), but what I'm saying is that the board messed up so badly over the past few transfer windows that he's still a key player when he's reached an age and level where he should be a squad player at best. 

Just now, CHOULO19 said:

I don't disagree with that (apart from seeing him in an Arsenal shirt!), but what I'm saying is that the board messed up so badly over the past few transfer windows that he's still a key player when he's reached an age and level where he should be a squad player at best. 

Totally agree.

He would never put one on his back. It would burn his skin.

29 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I really hope he does that transition into management or something similar. I personally want him to finish his career here or go the the US and then come back to us. If we get some proper CBs, which doesn't seem very likely, he should be aware that his position should be on the bench. 

And on the Arsenal thing: Just no.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the guy but right now he is holding up our progress and its time he stood down.

Keep him on in player moral management, make him a nice statue outside the new stadium, maybe name a stand after him even.

But gotta give him a hug, a testimonial and say ta ra.

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I love the guy but right now he is holding up our progress and its time he stood down.

Keep him on in player moral management, make him a nice statue outside the new stadium, maybe name a stand after him even.

But gotta give him a hug, a testimonial and say ta ra.

I don't get how JT  is holding up our progress.

Assuming this season we buy Jerome Boateng and Bonucci, JT will be on the bench. 

The problem is our inability to find CB. Everyone know we need a new center back as JT replacement but we haven't signed anybody since David Luiz left.

28 minutes ago, communicate said:

I don't get how JT  is holding up our progress.

Assuming this season we buy Jerome Boateng and Bonucci, JT will be on the bench. 

The problem is our inability to find CB. Everyone know we need a new center back as JT replacement but we haven't signed anybody since David Luiz left.

I'm not saying it's HIS fault. Hes mot kicking and pushing other players away. BUT there must be some pressure for our JT to be used specially after all the palarva of him getting a new contract. So indirectly it is his fault. Hes got slower each year and the Cahil partnership has got weaker. They look at times that theyve just been thrown together, That bloody cross from Watford the other day just wouldn't have happened 2 or 3 years ago. They were like blithering ijits!

We actually need 2 CBs cause we are only praying that Happy will come back fit and strong. I find it utterly amazing we sent Ake and Christensen out when we dont have a single CB signed yet. Christ we even loaned out Miazga, and Hector and then sold Papy it just shows the state the boards got us into and now we are heading towards HAVING TOI do it again with panic buys. Cause this time of the season managers have got their plans made for the players the have. Theres no way to get GOOD players from clubs now unless we are prepared to spend well over their value or have something like Europe to offer them. We havent got or are not willing to do neither.

We spend time slagging off those North Londoners and vinegar tits saying theyre cheapskate bastards for not spending money but just imagine what they are saying about us when we see the problems quite clearly for ourselves.

IMO we did amazing with Batman and N'Golo but I'm afraid I can see another Miazga/Hector/Papy clone coming. Its a fuckin mess. And I'm an optimist!

6 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

No offence but the FA can fuck right off after the disgraceful manner they treated him more than once. 

If he returned it won't be thanks to the FA, it will be because Big Sam sweet talked him, if this happens this will be Sam's doing and only his.

Charlie Adam: "I still think John Terry is the best CB in England. Age isn’t an issue, he looks after himself tremendously well.“ [Sky]

Charlie Adam: "John Terry and Sam Allardyce have obviously had a chat and he is willing to come and try it out I think.“ [Sky]

Charlie Adam: "Antonio Conte has come out and said he wouldn’t stand in John Terry’s way either. It would be right to bring him back.“ [Sky]

• 3 weeks later...