The Conte Thread

On 06/05/2017 at 1:21 PM, AlesJuve said:

We still have to get to the final :P. With Real it will be difficult but we can do it if we play the perfect match.

just win the damn cup pls, i cant stand Real Madrid, im really rooting for you guys and specially Buffon to win it. Cheers and goodluck for the rest of the season.

On 2017-5-5 at 7:21 PM, Heisenberg said:

Emotions are high but I think what Conte achieved is even harder than what Jose achieved in 04/05.

Incredible how he turned this team into PL champions, we'll forever be grateful for his job, even tough we all know next season will be hard like hell and players will sleep.

Indeed. People forget that Chelsea was 2nd placed in 03/04 season. With the amount of money invested before the start of 04/05 season, I never understood the fuzz about Mourinho. What Conte did is something really special.

I am getting fed up with all the sudden Allegri band wagoners who suddenly claim the Allegri is superior to Conte. Even respected journalists like David Amoyal have jumped on the bandwagon. Typical , short minded football fan opinion.

Mostly, the people who tell me Allegri > Conte are Arsenal fans (because he's linked to succeed Wenger) or Juventus gloryhunters who started following Juve since last season.

A complete joke in my opinion. Juventus is the overall best team in Serie A and will surely win their sixth consecutive title this season. The reason they are where they are today is all thanks to Conte. Before Conte stepped in, Juventus finished 7th 2 years in a row and were on the brink of becoming like what AC Milan and Inter have become nowadays. Of course you have to give Juve's board some credit as well for turning everything around but it all happens on the pitch, and Conte has done wonders for them. The reason he left was because he felt their board didn't back him enough with transfer (funny because nowadays Juventus spent big) and that left a bad taste in the mouths of many Juventinos.

Allegri won 1 title with Milan. After that, Conte came in and started Juve's run. Of course Milan had financial problems but so had Juve. Conte was able to turn everything around and get results and win stuff and Allegri? Nothing. Conte left Juventus, Allegri chickened out of Milan and went to Juventus and gets Conte's squad, profits of it and wins titles and got 1 UCL final (and probably a second soon enough).

If they got Spalletti they would also dominate the Serie A. Juventus are a team with a solid foundation liad by Antonio. I'm not saying Allegri is a bad coach or something but I'm getting tired of all the band wagoners and even some dumb Chelsea fans claiming they might've prefered him because of his European record.

Look at Bayern Munich. Heynckes laid the foundations for this team, Pep comes in and dominates the league with them and so does Carlo at the moment. Bayern Munich and Juventus are big teams with solid foundations nowadays and good squads and resources.

I'm very delighted with Antonio and don't know any other manager who might do a better job than him. If he wins us the double this season, it can only mean we are in for many other successful years. I'm very grateful that he is our manager.

Forza Antonio!

EDIT: I see we have a Juventino here @AlesJuve what is your opinion on this subject? I still hope your team and mainly the living legend Gigi Buffon win the UCL because I dislike those primadonna's at Real Madrid and you guys deserve it much more. And it would be Allegri's own legacy at Juventus because, like I said, he's profiting off Conte's laid foundations IMO.

16 hours ago, Tautvix said:

I have to defend Mourinho here. You also forget that almost the same team won the title in 2014/2015. I don't want to take anything away from Conte but everyone who watched Jose's Chelsea of 2004-2007 will agree that team was a different class. We should still be thankful that we had Jose at his best, when he was probably the best manager in the world. Of course it's now gone for him. Next season will be a huge test for Conte also playing in Europe. 

The 14/15 squad was not as good as this one.

I like everything we are hearing from Antonio regarding his plans for the summer. Saying that our squad is undermanned, and under skilled, is just a statement of the obvious of course, but the fact that he is prepared to say it anyway wins confidence. Whether this season yields two trophies, one trophy or none, there can be no doubt Antonio is the right man to take us forward. I hope no one in the hierarchy will seek to veto any of his transfer targets. By all means offer an opinion to the manger and try hard to persuade him if you think he needs to change his mind but, in the end, the man in the chair should make the footballing decisions.

Anyone feeling they spot a bit of self-contradiction from me here, is correct. I've admitted many times that if I had Roman's money I would certainly have attempted to buy the club, and if that attempt had been successful, I would now be making all the transfer decisions myself. The only explanation I can offer for this hypocrisy is to say that it's about trust. In that fantasy world, I'd trust myself. In this real one, I trust Antonio. The Italian is only the second Chelsea manager, after Jose, to whom I feel a personal commitment, and I go all the way back to Tommy Docherty. That's a lot managers who have come and gone without making a personal impact on me. We have a good one here. I believe he can eclipse even what The Special One was able to achieve. Don't blow it board.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The 14/15 squad was not as good as this one.

I like everything we are hearing from Antonio regarding his plans for the summer. Saying that our squad is undermanned, and under skilled, is just a statement of the obvious of course, but the fact that he is prepared to say it anyway wins confidence. Whether this season yields two trophies, one trophy or none, there can be no doubt Antonio is the right man to take us forward. I hope no one in the hierarchy will seek to veto any of his transfer targets. By all means offer an opinion to the manger and try hard to persuade him if you think he needs to change his mind but, in the end, the man in the chair should make the footballing decisions.

Anyone feeling they spot a bit of self-contradiction from me here, is correct. I've admitted many times that if I had Roman's money I would certainly have attempted to buy the club, and that if that attempt was successful, I would now be making all the transfer decisions myself. The only explanation I can offer for this hypocrisy is to say that it's about trust. In that fantasy world, I'd trust myself. In this real one, I trust Antonio. The Italian is only the second Chelsea manager, after Jose, to whom I feel a personal commitment, and I go all the way back to Tommy Docherty. That's a lot managers who have come and gone without making a personal impact on me. We have a good one here. I believe he can eclipse even what The Special One was able to achieve. Don't blow it board.

This is a huge problem. It happened after us winning 09/10 and 14/15 titles so I am afraid it can happen again. If the board doesn't get players Conte wants he will be mad. And then even after winning EPL next season everything can change. We have seen it before plenty of times. :(

I think we'll be bringing in at least 4 quality signings this summer. There's no doubt in my mind that the board have realized that they made a huge error in not reinforcing the side last year. Whether or not the players we do bring in are Conte's choices is the biggest question. If the club reward Conte with his absolute first choice targets then I think we'll be dark horses for the CL.

If you look at this season's, though, even without Conte getting his first choices he was able to do this well. The sign of an excellent coach who can get the best out of what he's got.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think we'll be bringing in at least 4 quality signings this summer. There's no doubt in my mind that the board have realized that they made a huge error in not reinforcing the side last year. Whether or not the players we do bring in are Conte's choices is the biggest question. If the club reward Conte with his absolute first choice targets then I think we'll be dark horses for the CL.

If you look at this season's, though, even without Conte getting his first choices he was able to do this well. The sign of an excellent coach who can get the best out of what he's got.

Exactly. And we are going into the Champions League next season, so we need to prepare a team capable of competing.

I look at Juventus and see a team we should aspire to be like. Dogged defensively, tactical adaptive to different formations at anytime in a match, two wingbacks who are fast, energetic, can dribble and have a good cross, a striker upfront who can hold up the ball incase of long balls. 

mandzukic Higuain Dybala 

Sandro Pjanic Khedira Alves 

Cheilini Bonucci Barzagli 

Buffon 

Vs

Hazard (Striker) Pedro 

Mendy (CM) kante Azpi 

Ake Luiz Cahill 

With a few signings, we can put out a team on their level imo. The main areas where they blow us out of the water is their wingbacks and back 3 (especially wingbacks)

(Sandro) Mendy to provide speedy, energetic runs and take our attacking on the left side with hazard to a whole new level.  

A striker who knows how to hold up the ball and win aerial balls, so that we have another outlet to escape pressing.(Morata, Bellotti) People on here underestimate this but it's a very big tactical advantage to have. 

A midfielder who can pass and dribble or is very comfortable under pressure, but is a good tackler (Nzonzi, Fabinho, Naby keita?)  

A few proper signings and we'll be dark horses for the CL easily 

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

No important player has been injured this season. Of course Conte did very well, but you still need a lil' bit of luck. You can always invest more, but the buys of last season have been nothing but a success story so far.

Going toe to toe with the likes of Bayern or Barcelona is going to be very difficult, especially when taking all of the games into consideration. A lot is based on the fitness level, not sure Chelsea's plan is just there yet. But confidence isn't a bad thing, club can look forward to be back in Europe's premier club competition. That's for sure!

1 minute ago, Essien19 said:

No important player has been injured this season. Of course Conte did very well, but you still need a lil' bit of luck.

You increase your luck if you eat healthy and train right. That's what Conte did.