The Conte Thread

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

I will wait the next 7 games before reading this kind of article. In football you can go from hero to zero really quickly.

Or win the tittle back to back as well. 

Is best for now to stick with "Work, work, Work"

8 hours ago, Fernando said:

Or win the tittle back to back as well. 

Is best for now to stick with "Work, work, Work"

I will be happy with the PL this season, but I think people are praising Conte way too early. I mean, if we manage to lose this trophy, I will have big questions about Conte. If we take a look at the our 7 remaining we play 4 games at home against mid to botton table teams, and one game against West Bromwinch. 5 wins are mandatory when you have a on form team catching you, like Spurs, and when your manager is considered a tactical genius. 5 wins will do it, even if Spurs win all their remaining games. That means: if we dont win the League, it will be lost in games against teams like Crystal Palace, Southampont, Sunderland and Boro.

3 hours ago, Henrique said:

I will be happy with the PL this season, but I think people are praising Conte way too early. I mean, if we manage to lose this trophy, I will have big questions about Conte. If we take a look at the our 7 remaining we play 4 games at home against mid to botton table teams, and one game against West Bromwinch. 5 wins are mandatory when you have a on form team catching you, like Spurs, and when your manager is considered a tactical genius. 5 wins will do it, even if Spurs win all their remaining games. That means: if we dont win the League, it will be lost in games against teams like Crystal Palace, Southampont, Sunderland and Boro.

Totally agreed. Love the bloke but if he allows the team to blow this, he should be fired into the sea. I don't think it'll happen, I actually have a great deal of confidence in the team as most of them know what it takes to win the title having led for such a long time. I don't think Antonio would let them slip, but it would be worse than United's collapse in 2012 if it did happen.

5 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

Totally agreed. Love the bloke but if he allows the team to blow this, he should be fired into the sea. I don't think it'll happen, I actually have a great deal of confidence in the team as most of them know what it takes to win the title having led for such a long time. I don't think Antonio would let them slip, but it would be worse than United's collapse in 2012 if it did happen.

We do seem on a slide... gone from 10 to 7 to 4 so quickly! The pressure definitely on now just hope we respond to it better then have recently.

Credits for everything he did and for that we are on the top of the table, still. But his approach against manure was amateur. This shit team was playing on thursday and had a trip to Belgium, our team had a week to recover and focus on the tacticts for this match and we lose 2-0. WTF? No pressure, nothing, like  they don't care. Hope Costa get a red card and a ban for 10 matches so Conte finally can't play him. It's like watching Mouringo and Ivanovic. The player is underperforming for 10 matches, but the manager is still playing him for 90 minutes.... Sorry, but I'm just mad, I prefer to lose from any other team, then from these and especially with mouninho in charge of them. And also they had more players missing for them this match and we couldn't get at least a draw on the stadium where a lot more weaker teams got at leas a point this season. I just can't get it how this team underperformed so much today. Someone give me a logical reason.... Shame.
Next matches will show if we actually have a good manager and squad with character.

Blame is all on him today. He deserves to be applauded when things go well, but has to be held accountable for performances like today. The line up he chose to go with was wrong (Matic & Zouma shouldn't have started) and I'm honestly in shock that Costa somehow played the whole match.

Needs to buck up his ideas or the next few weeks could be dreadful.

The board failed him in the summer. We brought in an overrated defender, a back-up striker a 7/10 left back and a roaming midfielder who needs a specific type of partner in midfield to be sucessful... and so on.

If Abramovich, Emenalo and the Russian woman whatever her name is don't get to work and start signing some fucking WORLD CLASS PLAYERS again then both Conte and Hazard will leave us to bigger and better things. :angry:

5 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

The board failed him in the summer. We brought in an overrated defender, a back-up striker a 7/10 left back and a roaming midfielder who needs a specific type of partner in midfield to be sucessful... and so on.

If Abramovich, Emenalo and the Russian woman whatever her name is don't get to work and start signing some fucking WORLD CLASS PLAYERS again then both Conte and Hazard will leave us to bigger and better things. :angry:

No excuses for losing 2-1 against Palace at home (in tha game Conte made some very bad calls, like starting Pedro in the "Moses role", or for not winnning our remaining games +beating West Bromwich. If Spurs win this league, Conte must be sacked no matter what.

4 minutes ago, Henrique said:

No excuses for losing 2-1 against Palace at home (in tha game Conte made some very bad calls, like starting Pedro in the "Moses role", or for not winnning our remaining games +beating West Bromwich. If Spurs win this league, Conte must be sacked no matter what.

You're an absolute disgrace. Block me, mute me or whatever so I don't have to rid your fucking garbage tripe anymore. You're no true fan. Just a fucking plastic embarassment to the club. We could do without "fans" like you. 

10 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

He deserves the blame just as much though. Something should have been done now about our woeful midfield performances against top teams. Also, bringing on Loftus Cheek so late just showed he was just throwing out a prayer for us to get a goal because he had no clue on what to do when they had marked Hazard out of the game.

As for our board, they're a disgrace. Keep paying 30m+ pounds for journeymen who stick with us forever and are never given the boot.

I don't think it's disgraceful to suggest for him to be sacked if we lose the title because it would be a massive bottle job if he does. I personally wouldn't want it. However, if he does get sacked Emenalo and Granovskaia should be fired as well because they're equally responsible for our predicament.

Don't care about losing to United. They are not as shit as many of you think. The gap still is 4 points. Thats HUGE when there are only 6 games left. Spurs last 6 games are harder than ours, and its really hard to see them winning them all. No reason to panic.