• Mikel
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Costa
    • Traore (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)

PSG are possibly the most well-balanced team in this year's competition (although I don't think that they will have enough to cope with Barca's attack should they have to face-off against them), and they're simply better than we are at the moment.

Whilst we played well over the time-period between the two PSG goals (Costa, Willian, and Pedro, despite some sloppiness, were all excellent during that stretch of the game), we were undone by a nervy, sloppy opening 15 minutes, and our inability to field a dynamic double-pivot. It was the latter that was the critical issue for us in this game, as Di Maria and Lucas Moura were drifting in-field all game to take advantage of Mikel and Fabregas' lack of mobility, enabling PSG to completely outnumber and overwhelm us in the middle of the pitch. Although we DID try hard until we conceded the killer second goal, we just couldn't cope.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could have easily gone the other way round.
Remember the 1-0, 2-2 against Barcelona and draw comparisons.

But they are a better side and most certainly better than all the teams in the premier.

We have numerous problems.
If someone back in June 2014 were to close your eyes and then open them again and you saw Fabregas and Pedro in the team, would you not say to him "what did you do ? you took me to the gooner stadium ?".
Hazard is nearly as likely to score as Courtois-Begovitch.
Defensive errors like Isthmian league.

The transfer window action says it all.
Pato is not even a "winter coat" - he is a sick old man by the looks of it.
Where is he ?
Was he lying in hospital bed when we bought him ? I 've seen that too happening once and the player in question became a great player, but it's the only explanation other than they are pulling our legs.

The defeat means it is highly likely that next season we will not be playing Champions League football for the first time since 2002/03
‘In my opinion, Chelsea are now in a transitional period from where they have to see how to go on, and to try to regain the lost terrain where Chelsea used to be. That’s true.

‘It’s difficult to get in to fourth position, there is a very big gap. Chelsea must consider its short-term future on how to handle this, but they knew that beforehand.’

:(

So many wrong emotions going through once the match was over ... guess "Disappointing" would sums it all after a night sleep :( 

We are wrong at so many levels ... Really disappointing to see that in the last 4 years we went to winning Champions League, Europa, PL to going out of all competitions at this time despite the fact we have invested good amount of money. 

This isnt a roadblock, more like a free fall! A total overhaul of the squad is a must if we have the same aspiration/ambition that we had before.  

Fabregas is comfortably our best midfielder in this form. He's improved his defensive game to the point where he's better than Matic at it and completely runs the show in possession. MOTM.

Costa took his goal very well, but overall was frustrating with the ball. Expected more.

Hazard tried, but couldn't pull anything off. Encouraging that he's at least trying to shoot.

Azpilicueta at fault for the second goal, uncharacteristic. Same kind of mistake got Schürrle ostracized by Mourinho, but this one was much worse.

Kenedy ananymous, Baba would have been better.

Overall performance of the team 7/10 - showed good signs of intent, but lacked concentration and quality in certain situations that decided the game.

7 hours ago, geezers said:

Say what you want about Mourinho being defensive but at least when we desperately needed to get back into a game under him we would get our strikers on the pitch and try have a go at it. Tonight for the last 25 minutes, when we needed goals, our best attacking option on the bench Remy didn't even come on and the players jogged around with no urgency from neither them nor Hiddink. How pathetic is that?!

Oh boy...

8 hours ago, Styles said:

Can't wait to see PSG play a Bayern for example and see how they do.

They will get murdered with any team that will press them hard ... PSG to go out next round if there come across a good team same like last year when Barca made a mockery of them. 

PSG must wish they played Chelsea everytime in the Champions League right now, that's how low we've sunked, sadly :(. I expect PSG to be outplayed by a better team like Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern in the next round, or maybe they can go all the way, with all that money spent and quality players PSG have, who knows? but i couldn't care less. There were some positives, but also a lot of negatives, we missed Zouma and Terry's influence badly in a game of this calibre, but no point in crying over spoilt milk, this was bound to happen, minding this nightmarish season, and i much rather go out now, to avoid humilliation at the hands of Real Madrid, Barcelona, etc, later in the competition.The main focus now is seeing the season out and try to win as many games as possible to see where we finish in the table, squad rotation, give Traore, RLC and co more playing time, and try to go all the way in the FA Cup to see if we at least can salvage something from this season and fix the squad properly in the summer. Cheers and good luck for the rest of the season.

Hats off to Diego Costa. He was not 100 % fit, yet he insisted on playing and he put in a massive, massive shift. The way he celebrated his goal said it all really. Passion in absolutely every cell of his body. In Mourinho's team, eleven Azpilicuetas would win the Champions League. Yesterday, eleven Costas would make me incredibly proud, I am sure of that.

I'm not sure where you start with that last night. Slow start and it was all over from that point for me. I know we got one back but I never felt we had control over the game and they were cruising in second gear with four gears to go. The difference in quality between us and them is monumental, and not just that but the ball retention and how clinical they are is sublime. The rebuilding need to begin by signing JT for another year and we need one of the biggest clear outs known to man, and I mean a mass clear out.

If it means spending 200M then so be it, get rid of average players because these average players will not achieve our goals in the future. I think missing out on CL football next season will be, or should be, the wake up call needed for the board to realise that something needs doing. They failed us last summer and this summer it needs sorting. We need to keep players like Willian, Zouma, Tibo, Azpilicueta and Costa and purchase massive upgrades on the likes of Mikel, Baba Rahman, Pedro, Matic and Oscar.

This club now have a massive task ahead of them, it's a very sorry state of affairs what we have become.

I def Hate hiddink. His stupidity got costa injured , with that stupid talk of you can rest costa but put a leash on him. He shud have been resting instead of training on friday to play a meaningless match against stoke. Same with hazard they shud both have been protected. Please get this Old coach off and call me when we have Conte. This has been a fucccking horrible Season just Fucking horrible, and honestly hazard and oscar can fuck off, they are both not worthy of cleaning Mata's boots

Just now, Wizacar said:

I def Hate hiddink. His stupidity got costa injured , with that stupid talk of you can rest costa but put a leash on him. He shud have been resting instead of training on friday to play a meaningless match against stoke. Same with hazard they shud both have been protected. Please get this Old coach off and call me when we have Conte. This has been a fucccking horrible Season just Fucking horrible, and honestly hazard and oscar can fuck off, they are both not worthy of cleaning Mata's boots

Yeah stupid Hiddink! Fucking moron! What a joke! Fuck this old fuck who knows nothing about football!

Please do us all a favor and shut the fuck up.

1 minute ago, Kieran. said:

Yeah stupid Hiddink! Fucking moron! What a joke! Fuck this old fuck who knows nothing about football!

Please do us all a favor and shut the fuck up.

FUCK HIDDINK, FUCK HIDDINK, FUCK HIDDINK. He should have rested players and why the hell play counter attack at home, at least show some balls. and lastly   F***********CK  oFF

4 minutes ago, Wizacar said:

:lol::lol:

18 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Sometimes you got to wonder is PL so competitve because bottom leagues are so good or because top teams are so shit...

PL is competitive as their bottom teams can easily beat mid table teams in other leagues. The problem is of scheduling of matches, the FA leaves the clubs in a position to choose between Champs League and the premier league. The PL teams just get no rest at all. The proposal for a winter break is really good

4 minutes ago, cfcs most wanted said:

PL is competitive as their bottom teams can easily beat mid table teams in other leagues. The problem is of scheduling of matches, the FA leaves the clubs in a position to choose between Champs League and the premier league. The PL teams just get no rest at all. The proposal for a winter break is really good

Would rather that all the other leagues stopped their winter break than the winter break comes here really.