• Willian
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Costa
    • Traore (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)

4 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

We spent it on Coutrado and Salah :(

First still have a good chance to get into quarter final and second was best Roma player against Real.

But hey,we have a fantastic Oscar so nevermind.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

A team that is pissing their weak domestic league beat a team who are 10th in their weak domestic league. 

Sometimes you got to wonder is PL so competitve because bottom leagues are so good or because top teams are so shit...

We looked average, a mid table team, which is what we are, thanks to the board sitting on their laurels.

PSG walkIng theIr league, versus too many passengers. No Lampards, Terrys, Drogbas to galvanise. New signings for 2016-17 a must.

Just saw the goals and :lol: , what a pathetic excuse for a supposed top club. How easy was it for PSG to just cut through us for both goals? Full backs got caught out of position, someone exploited the space vacated, crossed and bam(!), goal. Talk about real BS defending!

1 minute ago, LegenTerry said:

First still have a good chance to get into quarter final and second was best Roma player against Real.

But hey,we have a fantastic Oscar so nevermind.

Agree.. But Salah missed acouple of sitters last night. And as for Oscar, this is what hjs name stands for

Only

Scores

Crackers

Against

Rubbish

9 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

I miss the times when defence was the best part of our game.

And when you were 3:1 down and knew the players had their fighting spirit to turn it around. Literaly that was the best thing about chelsea. Everyone was always against us and then we did an epic performance. Never easy and predictable like barca or bayern. But we had that swag no other team in europe had. I never wanted superstars here or world domination. But fight for the club till last minute. That was the best feeling because even when we lost you knew our players gave all. Now we are torn between ten different styles and tactics and types of players with no character. 

Times will fix things hopefuly.

I don't see how people are questioning/judging the performances of Courtois, Azpi, Ivanovic, Cesc, Pedro and Willian ? I thought the first half we played very well but we tired as a collective due to our pressing and were undone by two defensive mistakes in wide areas. I'd rather we go out like this than the absolute bloodbath it would of been under Mourinho playing so negatively at home like the year before. 

They're better. Comfortably better. Simple as. Not too bothered about coming up short in the end. The boys have it a good go but it wasn't enough. You can talk about Chelsea 'only lacking a bit in the final third' but that's what it's all about. That final ball and/or play and finish is the key. That's what separates decent/good teams from top/elite teams. It has nothing to do with luck. Motta was brilliant. I truly enjoyed his football today. Fascinating to see how much he's improved after his thirties. Anyway, I'm not going to let this ruin football for me. Now I'll just enjoy football as a neutral for the rest of the season.

11 minutes ago, DYC. said:

They're better. Comfortably better. Simple as. Not too bothered about coming up short in the end. The boys have it a good go but it wasn't enough. You can talk about Chelsea 'only lacking a bit in the final third' but that's what it's all about. That final ball and/or play and finish is the key. That's what separates decent/good teams from top/elite teams. It has nothing to do with luck. Motta was brilliant. I truly enjoyed his football today. Fascinating to see how much he's improved after his thirties. Anyway, I'm not going to let this ruin football for me. Now I'll just enjoy football as a neutral for the rest of the season.

Yep. Chelsea are not going to ruin my love for the sport.

Can't wait to see PSG play a Bayern for example and see how they do.

Say what you want about Mourinho being defensive but at least when we desperately needed to get back into a game under him we would get our strikers on the pitch and try have a go at it. Tonight for the last 25 minutes, when we needed goals, our best attacking option on the bench Remy didn't even come on and the players jogged around with no urgency from neither them nor Hiddink. How pathetic is that?!

On 09/03/2016 at 10:30 PM, The Mak said:

By far the worst Chelsea team of the Abramovich era. 

No leaders. Just nothing. At least the 11/12 team won the CL through leadership and determination. This team would be lucky to have Lampard or Drogba's baby toe in terms of leadership. 

I can't believe the fucking pile of shite of a squad Mourinho and the board has left us with. All the potential and creativity we had in 2012/13 has been sold down the river for a solitary title and a shitstorm. We could've had a squad (De Bruyne, Mata, Lukaku) that would comfortably make top 4, while probably playing nice football, and challenged for the title eventually... 

More and more I feel we sold our souls to the devil just for one fucking title. Ivanovic as captain on a CL night. Knocked out 2 years in a row to a team founded in the 70s. 10th in the league. No title is worth shite like this.

I hope Conte is adept at working miracles. 

I think we were a bit spoiled with the player's we had 04-12 in terms of leadership, and its also worth mentioning we went out tamely to Inter and United with those leaders.

Apart from Iniesta, do Barca really have any natural leaders? 

There is still a lot of quality in this team, central defense and centre midfield need work, but beyond that I think we got a good base there.

Also asonemosalah said yesterday, selling Lukaku and getting Costa for 4m more has been very much justified? 

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think we were a bit spoiled with the player's we had 04-12 in terms of leadership, and its also worth mentioning we went out tamely to Inter and United with those leaders.

Apart from Iniesta, do Barca really have any natural leaders? 

There is still a lot of quality in this team, central defense and centre midfield need work, but beyond that I think we got a good base there.

Also asonemosalah said yesterday, selling Lukaku and getting Costa for 4m more has been very much justified? 

If we can keep Costa around, build our midfield and defense we should be good. 

A lot also depends what happens with Hazard. We shall see what he is up to this summer. 

But keeping Costa is more vital for me then Hazard giving the leader quality he has shown. 

On 09/03/2016 at 11:58 PM, Fernando said:

If we can keep Costa around, build our midfield and defense we should be good. 

A lot also depends what happens with Hazard. We shall see what he is up to this summer. 

But keeping Costa is more vital for me then Hazard giving the leader quality he has shown. 

Honestly, if Conte sorts of he CB and CM positions out ID happily see everything else stay the same including Ivan at right back for another season.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I don't see how people are questioning/judging the performances of Courtois, Azpi, Ivanovic, Cesc, Pedro and Willian ? I thought the first half we played very well but we tired as a collective due to our pressing and were undone by two defensive mistakes in wide areas. I'd rather we go out like this than the absolute bloodbath it would of been under Mourinho playing so negatively at home like the year before. 

We would concede after 5 min if it wasnt for Iva block. Dont know what was Tibo thinking on Di Maria run. First he went out of goal, then back, in the end he was somewhere between and still almost conceded from same position like last time against Cavani. Except this time Iva put leg behind Tibo back or that ball would end in goal. He looked nervous as fuck through whole match and now for couple games. When Iva was yelling at him you could see in his face he is lost and has little confidence. And that is bad for whole team. Needs to get mentaly stronger like rest of squad.

Also comparing us with psg, our movement and positioning with and without the ball is absolute rubbish. From defense to midfield to attack. No intelligent pressing, no runs in final third, no pass options, no collective marking, no understanding between players. Little linkup between fullbacks ans wingers. How are u supposed to play counter football if you dont even know basics...now sometimes our play is wonderful, but sometimes it looks like you would throw eleven random players from retirement on field. 

Someone should do some homework.