Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

Raiding Napoli for Hysaj, Higuain and Jorginho would be good to be honest, as long as we get rid of Ivanovic, Remy and Mikel. Also if Nainggolan deal falls through that Allan looks like another decent alternative.

Although I doubt we could sign so many players from Napoli but still wishful thinking huh.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRANSFERS:CONTE EYING HIGUAIN, REPORTS

It has become typical for Chelsea to be linked with transfers for in form-and sometimes out of form- players from Serie A ever since Antonio Conte was confirmed to be our net coach, and this time, it’s Gonzalo Higuain’s turn.

The Argentine international has been having one of the best seasons of his career, with a stunning 33 goals in 34 league appearances making him a prime contender for the European golden boot. His exceptional showings were the catalyst behind Napoli’s ultimately unsuccessful push for the Serie A title and have naturally caused a few ripples in the transfer market, and we have so far been the club he was most linked with.

The rumors have been both that he was coming to play alongside Diego Costa, and that he would replace the feisty Spaniard/Brazilian as leader of our front line. Napoli preisdent Aurilio de Laurentis has, as usual, dropped a silly price on his fanciest toy- 90 million Euros to be exact- when the rumors began.

We have been victims of de Laurentis’ unagreeable behavior on the transfer table when we lost Cavani to PSG, who were willing to meet the Italian’s evaluation, so it should be well known to us that when an enormous figure like that is mentioned, it’s not necessarily a negotiations tactic, that’s why we should not be under the illusion that will could get our man for a mildly reasonable price.

Moreover, Higuain will turn 29 in five months time, so he is not exactly going to be there for a while and we’ve had experience with such striker signings before (see Shevchenko and Torres) and it has not been exactly pleasant.

There is also the fact that we have much more dire needs at the other end of the pitch. We will have to sign at least one starting center back in the summer, and that is if Zouma looks capable of regaining form after his injury and is not permanently damaged because of it, so perhaps it would be a better idea to stay away from the Argentine, even if Conte wants to play two up top and make sure we address our needs before we start shopping around for luxury buys.

talkchelsea.net

Balague said: "Gonzalo Higuain is a target for Chelsea. I think he would cost around €48m (about £37.8m).

"Higuain is seriously considering it and if he does move to Stamford Bridge then there would be the possibility that Costa would have to be sold.

4 minutes ago, the wes said:

Recording to balague higuain would be interested in a Chelsea move 

This fraud is so lucky that Sky Sports don't care he's full of shit. The man know absolutely fuck all most the time but gets away with it because he gets an interview now and then /rant

Cracking player and one of world's best forwards no doubt about it. That 3rd goal he's scored tonight was an absolute beauty. Hard to think he'll only go for 37m knowing that turd of Napoli president. But if there is any chance Chelsea could get him I say jump right on it without thinking twice.  

Cracking player and one of world's best forwards no doubt about it. That 3rd goal he's scored tonight was an absolute beauty. Hard to think he'll only go for 37m knowing that turd of Napoli president. But if there is any chance Chelsea could get him I say jump right on it without thinking twice.  

I think he'll be off to Bayern while Real might get Lewy.

Yeah I know, but if the rumours are true and Conte has already contacted him then maybe Chelsea might have a chance of getting Higuain. 

I hope so, but any move would probably depend on Costa's future. There's no way we could have both IMO

22 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I hope so, but any move would probably depend on Costa's future. There's no way we could have both IMO

There is a growing consensus that Conte wants to rebuild the defence first, then play a two striker system, likely 4-4-2. Back four aside, I think that in order for that to happen he only needs to add an enforcer in the midfield (Nainggolan) and a striker (Higuain).

Higuain - D. Costa

Hazard - Nainggolan Fabregas - Willian

Then Conte can focus on defence where he already got a competent right back in Azpilicueta.

I know Fabregas is kind of slow, but I think he'd work in a 4-4-2. This system covers a lot of ground so he would not look that out of pace IMO, especially with Nainggolan as his partner. Atletico's Gabi plays the same role and he is not pacey either, but he is tactically astute. That's the essence of 4-4-2 in the end - discipline. Simeone is mastering this tactic with two central midfielders (Koke & Saul) on the wings. And Conte is similar to him in terms of the tactical side of the game. Pirlo even said that he repeats the same drills over and over in training until players get to dream of them. 

8 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

There is a growing consensus that Conte wants to rebuild the defence first, then play a two striker system, likely 4-4-2. Back four aside, I think that in order for that to happen he only needs to add an enforcer in the midfield (Nainggolan) and a striker (Higuain).

Higuain - D. Costa

Hazard - Nainggolan Fabregas - Willian

Then Conte can focus on defence where he already got a competent right back in Azpilicueta.

I know Fabregas is kind of slow, but I think he'd work in a 4-4-2. This system covers a lot of ground so he would not look that out of pace IMO, especially with Nainggolan as his partner. Atletico's Gabi plays the same role and he is not pacey either, but he is tactically astute. That's the essence of 4-4-2 in the end - discipline. Simeone is mastering this tactic with two central midfielders (Koke & Saul) on the wings. And Conte is similar to him in terms of the tactical side of the game. Pirlo even said that he repeats the same drills over and over in training until players get to dream of them. 

According to mirror paper conte could change the formation to 4-2-4 at Chelsea

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/revealed-chelseas-summer-transfer-targets-7795975

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

Recording to mirror paper conte could change the formation to 4-2-4 at Chelsea

The word you're looking for is "according" not recording, mate. :D