Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some things in football are simply written in stars.

That third goal was sublime and when you score 3 in last match to break serie a record of goals in single season, unbelievable.

13 minutes ago, the wes said:

According to mirror paper conte could change the formation to 4-2-4 at Chelsea

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/revealed-chelseas-summer-transfer-targets-7795975

4-2-4, 4-4-2, basically it's the same thing, the only difference is that the wide players are wingers (Hazard & Willian) and not pure wide midfielders.

Even though most of the fans don't think there is going to be a lot of major signings this summer because of the (supposedly) limited transfer amount, I'm on a different opinion and I think that it's impossible after such season for the Chelsea board not to back Conte in the market with at least 100m. Plus the money Chelsea should get from selling certain players. That makes, let's say, 150-160m for Conte to spend and that's a pretty good amount for a manager renowned for rebuilding squads in his 1st season. 

I think Conte can do the job on the market, but only if he's backed by the Chelsea board with additional money from the club's bank. If Conte's left for dead with the usual "one in, one out" policy then I'm afraid there's not going to be that much of a change in personnel and the usual suspects will keep their place in the squad. Here is me hoping there's the other way around and Conte will get a proper backing from the board to rebuild the squad. If this is not seen as the perfect moment to do it, then I do not know when can it be. 

Why not conte past formations with juvetus conte has played with two strikers 

I just don't see it happening personally, despite a possible change in formation.

21 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Good for him, but i absolutely despise napoli and their dirty, sweaty, uneducated followers. The obnoxious dialect they speak should be banned, whoever speaks that wretched language should be put in jail.

What part of italy are u from mate is there a big follow of Chelsea in Italy mate?? 

52 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Some things in football are simply written in stars.

That third goal was sublime and when you score 3 in last match to break serie a record of goals in single season, unbelievable.

Do u think he will do well in the PL?? The last ten years players from the serie A have struggle to adapt to life in the PL 

3 hours ago, the wes said:

Hats off for higuain breaking the serie A scoring record serie A legends like van basten baggio weah shevchenko didn't do it and they were great players 

To be fair the Italian league was stronger then.

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Do u think he will do well in the PL?? The last ten years players from the serie A have struggle to adapt to life in the PL 

I dont think so. He likes to miss alot of chances and his physical abilities arent particulary usefull in PL. He isnt tall, strong or quick. Serie a defenders are slower, aswell there are many teams where their defenders get caught up in middle of the pitch. 

I think he would be good in italy or germany, but then again each player is different. Suarez is no Walcott either and he did just fine, but his skills are on another level.

Despite his record, I would not pay the money, simply because I believe Costa is better against top oposition, Higuain is 28 and he likes to go missing in crucial games.

6 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I dont think so. He likes to miss alot of chances and his physical abilities arent particulary usefull in PL. He isnt tall, strong or quick. Serie a defenders are slower, aswell there are many teams where their defenders get caught up in middle of the pitch. 

I think he would be good in italy or germany, but then again each player is different. Suarez is no Walcott either and he did just fine, but his skills are on another level.

Despite his record, I would not pay the money, simply because I believe Costa is better against top oposition, Higuain is 28 and he likes to go missing in crucial games.

Higuain is better than Costa in every aspect.Higuain scores againts big clubs,has a great tehnic,is strong he has everythink.

As long as we don´t play with two strikers upfront I wouldn´t sign him, because Costa is equally as good and PL proven. I wouldn´t exchange Diego with Higuain. He was very bad in the first few months of this season, but he still did a good job under Hiddink considering the circumstances. Costa was always reliable and I think under Conte he will be even better than under Mourinho in his first season. Higuain is a very good player, but I think we have far greater problems in our team. We should concentrate to sign a proper midfielder before the Euros start. This will be very hard itself as Nainggolan doesn´t seem to join us. 

Higuain broke AC Milan forward Gunnar Nordahl’s 1950 record of 35 goals in a single, 20-team, three-points-for-a-win Serie A season.

Nordahl’s record stood for 66 years, but Higuain finished the season on 36 to claim a prestigious ‘Capocannoniere’ (top scorer) award.

10 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Higuain is 28 and he likes to go missing in crucial games.

Frankly it is hard to think of anyone else, bar Messi and Cristiano, that can score in every single crucial game.

I've taken the so called "big matches" against the "big teams" that Higuain's played since coming to Italy and his record is pretty good if you ask me.

Since coming to Serie A:

- against Lazio - scored 12 goals in 9 matches.

- against Inter - scored 4 goals 6 matches.

- against Milan - scored 4 goals in 6 matches.

- against Firenze - scored 3 goals in 7 matches.

- against Roma - scored 2 goals in 7 matches.

- against Juventus - scored 3 goals in 7 matches.

He's played in 42 derbies since coming to Italy, scoring 28 goals in 21 of those matches. 

3 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Frankly it is hard to think of anyone else, bar Messi and Cristiano, that can score in every single crucial game.

I've taken the so called "big matches" against the "big teams" that Higuain's played since coming to Italy and his record is pretty good if you ask me.

Since coming to Serie A:

- against Lazio - scored 12 goals in 9 matches.

- against Inter - scored 4 goals 6 matches.

- against Milan - scored 4 goals in 6 matches.

- against Firenze - scored 3 goals in 7 matches.

- against Roma - scored 2 goals in 7 matches.

- against Juventus - scored 3 goals in 7 matches.

He's played in 42 derbies since coming to Italy, scoring 28 goals in 21 of those matches. 

7 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

Higuain is better than Costa in every aspect.Higuain scores againts big clubs,has a great tehnic,is strong he has everythink.

He is great striker, but lets say against psg or atletico etc I would take Costa instead of Higuain every time.

GH-Is there a need for Gonzalo Higuain?

Let’s face it: Chelsea’s season was disappointing and the club ended up way below its own standards. Many reasons for that can be found at the back with the team giving up a staggering amount of 53 goals. It is a statistic previously unheard of at Chelsea.What about their offensive output though? A total of 59 goals is the weakest performance since scoring 53 in 1999-2000. The fallback into long forgotten times has brought up instant shouts for a new striker, such as Napoli star Gonzalo Higuain. Would he help Chelsea?Clearly, the Argentine had an impressive year in the Serie A. With 36 goals, he broke a record for the ages, previously held by Swedish legend Gunner Nordahl from 1950 (35 goals for Milan). 

Furthermore, his 87% of playing time is impressive. Especially throughout his time in Italy, Higuain has avoided any serious injuries and missed a total of 6 games with thigh problems. Gonzalo Higuain is simply deadly in front of goal, a feature Chelsea could have used in many games this season. Through 427 career games, the Argentine international found the back of the net 221 times. River Plate, Real Madrid, Napoli is a résumé most footballers would not mind.Chelsea’s top league striker was unsurprisingly Diego Costa. The Spanish Brazilian finished the Premier League year at exactly a third of Higuain’s total, 12 goals. Since they played different amounts of games, let’s calculate their minutes per goal ratio. The difference is huge: Higuain comes in at 82 minutes per goal, Costa stands at 198 minutes per goal.Each team’s depth scoring was not much different. Napoli scored 80 goals this Serie A season and finished second, Higuain’s advantage of 24 goals over Costa’s total is pretty much exactly the gap that Chelsea was unable to close to compete at the top of the table.Comparing further statistics of the two strikers surfaces an even bigger difference between them. Higuain collected 5.47 shots per 90 minutes, 2.5 of them on target. Then there’s Costa with 2.53 shots and just 1.06 of them on target.

Chelsea simply does not possess the same quality that a Higuain would bring to their squad. Costa is a decent striker, but surely not world class like Didier Drogba in his prime. The next best option is Loic Remy and he is definitely not someone Chelsea fans would be comfortable going into next season with after scoring a single goal in 2015-16. Whether Gonzalo Higuain would be interested in joining the Blues at all or Chelsea would be willing to pay his €95mil price tag are questions for another day. If he is available, they should think about it well and long. He would be the only top class striker they could acquire with the likes of Luis Suárez or Robert Lewandowski out of their reach and under long-term contracts.

chelseadaft.org

• 2 weeks later...