Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

1 hour ago, Bir_CFC said:

No its not. Peak Henry was a top 5 player in the world. Higuain barely cracks top 50.

Sure, there should be a premium if buying from a rival, but this is too much.

Or maybe this buy happen for the same reason Liverpool did when they receive a lot of money for Torres.

They go crazy with out a plan and splash the money.

Now granted the players here are much better, but still because you have insane of money caution is thrown out of the way.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, the wes said:

not for me I rather go for Icardi

Course. Or Isco. But mate you know like I do we have to be realistic.

Only way we get anyone decent - world class - in is if we swap Eden or use contacts - like a new managers old players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sarri & Higuain go hand in hand. only way it makes any sense. Hurts to give up on Morata this early but Sarri & Higuain reset our timetable to compete now. Plus we have Tammy coming up behind, and depending what we do with Batman we could have a load of cash. I personally prefer Icardi solely due to his age, but Higuain & Hazard with Sarri is quite scary to think about.

If we don't secure Sarri than obviously Higuain wont happen.

Almost 32 Y / o, which in a year has been in a clear waning phase! do we want to be a pension for old gamers? take higuain would really be stupid !!!
Go all for Icardi,  we have only to pay his fuckin' clause! and he at long time (3-4 season) would be a bussiness much more better than higuain!!!

this has shevchenko written all over it. you might argue Shevchenko was in way better shape and the serie still a better league back then. Will be an absolute catastrophe if we sell 25 y.o. Morata and 24 y.o. Batshuayi  and want to build our future on 30 y.o. Higuain and 32 y.o. Giroud. Good luck with that. and don't get to me with Tammy. He will never be even as good as Morata.

Higuain is the Fabregas of strikers. Should be at his peak at 30 but already has so much football in his bones due to starting at such an early age that he moves like an old man and his goalside contribution barely papers over the cracks.

On one hand, he's a great striker. Great goals to games ratio, excellent technically, can hold the ball as well as carry it, can bring his teammates into play. Despite his chunky appearence he's actually quite mobile and nimble. Certainly an upgrade on Morata.

On the other hand, he's soon to be 31, will surely cost an absolute fortune, and doesn't appear to be in great physical shape now in his prime so how will he be in a few years? 

I definitely wouldn't say no to him because he'll score loads I think, but I'd much rather have Icardi.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

this has shevchenko written all over it. you might argue Shevchenko was in way better shape and the serie still a better league back then. Will be an absolute catastrophe if we sell 25 y.o. Morata and 24 y.o. Batshuayi  and want to build our future on 30 y.o. Higuain and 32 y.o. Giroud. Good luck with that.

While i agree its not the best plan, if we get Sarri it is tough to say Higuain will be a disaster. Also it certainly opens the door for Tammy to learn and develop. If we were to swap Morata for Higuain I would really like if Batman would be kept. He genuinely wants to be here and showed a little bit at dortmund and always looks good for belgium. BUT lots of variables need to sort out before this becomes a reality.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

On one hand, he's a great striker. Great goals to games ratio, excellent technically, can hold the ball as well as carry it, can bring his teammates into play. Despite his chunky appearence he's actually quite mobile and nimble. Certainly an upgrade on Morata.

On the other hand, he's soon to be 31, will surely cost an absolute fortune, and doesn't appear to be in great physical shape now in his prime so how will he be in a few years? 

I definitely wouldn't say no to him because he'll score loads I think, but I'd much rather have Icardi.

Icardi 100%, but the difference is I think this would be a straight swap Morata <--> Higuain whereas we would have to trigger the 110m Release clause for Icardi. (I would still prefer icardi, but thats not how chelsea operate. Although the same could be said for swapping a young asset for an old one)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2018 at 4:14 PM, !Hazard! said:

Depends on the price tag. If he comes for Giroud money then it's obviously a great move, for anything above £25m it's a massive gamble on an ageing player

cristiano ronaldo is an ageing player too?

imho the age of a player doesn't concern at all with his value. this policy of buying young players is a trend and a smart 

strategy of the owner, so he can sell the player and make money in future