Alexandre Pato

KleyLima

1 hour ago, Belgiannutt said:

But tell me Pizy what strikers were available and would want to come here knowing we can't offer them the nr 1 striker position ? Let's face it whoever came in would have to play second fiddle to Costa. What quality striker would accept that ?

Also buying players in january is always difficult as clubs don't want to part with key players in the middle of the season.

And then there's also our whole situation we're in atm. Poor season, no CL next season and not knowing who our manager will be next season.

I was saying all month that we shouldn't have even been after one at all. Save every last penny for the new manager. There's nothing to really play for this season now other than the FA Cup which we have enough firepower for. 

Pato just seems a bit of a pointless signing.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I was saying all month that we shouldn't have even been after one at all. Save every last penny for the new manager. There's nothing to really play for this season now other than the FA Cup which we have enough firepower for. 

Pato just seems a bit of a pointless signing.

He's a gamble but a low risk/low investment, high potential reward one.

A loan, till the end of the season, on low wages. If he doesn't do well here we can just part ways with him at the end of the season. There's no long term commitment.

Think it's best if you look at the Pato loan as a trial run.

12 hours ago, Pizy said:

If we were so desperate to buy a striker/attacker that we'd take one who's a month from match fitness, why wouldn't we instead just get one who was fit? That's why I'm personally puzzled by this move.

We didn't buy him and Costa's the most in form striker in the League.

He'll come in handy when FA Cup/CL fixtures begin and we start resting/rotating players. You guys need to accept the Pato move for what it really is. A trial. If it works out we get a versatile attacker for pennies on the dollar, if it doesn't we move on in the summer.

23 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Why did we sign him if his going to be fit for only 1 month?? This is the reason our club is in chaos, bad decision after bad decision smh

Worst case scenario is fit by March 1st, without Champions League and FA Cup qualification we will still have 2 months and a half of football worth at the very least 12 games. 

49 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Why did we sign him if his going to be fit for only 1 month?? This is the reason our club is in chaos, bad decision after bad decision smh

Perhaps they are seriously considering signing him permanently and believe that a two-and-a-half month trial is better than no trial at all.

Perhaps too the loan fee arrangements take account of the fact that, while the rules required the signing to be completed by 1st February, the two clubs were aware that Pato would not be available for several weeks after that.

I think that he could be ready to feature at least the next game,so let´s hope he gets a fair chance at this club because he seems to be really wanting to play for us.I am really looking forward to see Pato wearing our shirt.He has a complete week to work on his fitness and then he would have gotten 4 weeks pre season,which should be enough for getting at least 20 minutes game time

He was only in pre-season in Brazil I'm sure, pretty harsh to judge him without even letting him get a chance but at Milan he was one of the most outstanding young players in Europe and everyone would of taken him then before he had his huge injury issues. The last 2 or 3 years in Brazil he has been injury free so lets see what happens when he gets match fitness, he cant be worse than Falcao.