Alexandre Pato

KleyLima

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, mccg said:

Great pen & celebration.Hope Hazard&Oscar take note.

Of what? I think Le Tissier (sp?) had a 100% record and, for all I know, a few others may have too but they are very, very much the exception not the rule. As near as makes no difference, statistically speaking, all players who take penalties regularly, will eventually miss some. Pato would too.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Of what? I think Le Tissier (sp?) had a 100% record and, for all I know, a few others may have too but they are very, very much the exception not the rule. As near as makes no difference, statistically speaking, all players who take penalties regularly miss some. Pato would too.

Le Tissier missed one from 25+.

Pato took this penalty... a learning moment, perhaps?

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Of what? I think Le Tissier (sp?) had a 100% record and, for all I know, a few others may have too but they are very, very much the exception not the rule. As near as makes no difference, statistically speaking, all players who take penalties regularly, will eventually miss some. Pato would too.

More of how they missed the penalties than missing them,and his happiness on scoring was good too see and refreshing!

He showed some kind of promise. Despite not being particularly athletic, he displayed some good energy, passing and off the ball movement. Also impressive attitude to impose himself on an albeit poor Villa side when hopelessly inferior physically. Great debut. I hope we stay a million lightyears away from signing him permanently. 

20 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Watched the rerun of the match, and you can see he still has excellent technical ability on the ball. The touch in the build up for Pedro's first is particularly good. I wish Costa could execute passes that well. 

All the greatest attacking players have high levels of technical ability, but not all footballers with great technical ability are high level players.

If I were in charge I'd already be searching hard for a Costa replacement so that I'd be ready to cash in on him if a suitable offer arrives in summer. In my opinion what Diego brings is not worth the hassle which comes with it, or the motivation he gives opposing fans.

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

All the greatest attacking players have high levels of technical ability, but not all footballers with great technical ability are high level players.

If I were in charge I'd already be searching hard for a Costa replacement so that I'd be ready to cash in on him if a suitable offer arrives in summer. In my opinion what Diego brings is not worth the hassle which comes with it, and the motivation he gives opposing fans.

Chelsea in most likely scenario will be signing a centre-forward anyway (Remy, Falcao and Pato will leave) so you think that the Blues are going to sign 2 class strikers in one window ?

If he continues to play like this I wouldn't be against him staying here. I think with Costa, Traore and Pato (if we play with one striker next season and Remy leaves) we have a good set of strikers with different qualities.

1 hour ago, Beigl said:

If he continues to play like this I wouldn't be against him staying here. I think with Costa, Traore and Pato (if we play with one striker next season and Remy leaves) we have a good set of strikers with different qualities.

Of course we would all like to think this is going to be a sensational loan but lets stay grounded. That Aston Villa side were, and have been the worst I have ever seen for a long long time. His ball that took out 4 Villa players was brilliant but something I expect a player of his caliber to do.

I'd start his v Swansea, and then see how much confidence that goal/performance has given him.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Of course we would all like to think this is going to be a sensational loan but lets stay grounded. That Aston Villa side were, and have been the worst I have ever seen for a long long time. His ball that took out 4 Villa players was brilliant but something I expect a player of his caliber to do.

I'd start his v Swansea, and then see how much confidence that goal/performance has given him.

Sounds sensible but I hope Conte will be taking an interest in this.

I know that for public consumption Antonio must say, has said indeed, that he will be focusing on Italy until the Euros are done. I hope however that, in reality, he will be letting Guus know if there are any players he'd like to look at. Not everyone will agree I suppose, but it seems to me that Guus's delay in playing Pato means that the caretaker boss does not really fancy our latest loan signing. If Conte is curious about Pato however then he needs to ask Guus to give the Brazillian starts up top as well as in his more natural position.

There remains a hope of Europa League qualification but Guus's line up at Villa Park suggests that it isn't important enough to cause any further delay to the experimentation. The remainder of this season should be all about next season and beyond. I hope that means Antonio will be allowed to describe which experiments he wants carried out.