Alexandre Pato

KleyLima

7 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Sounds sensible but I hope Conte will be taking an interest in this.

I know that for public consumption Antonio must say, has said indeed, that he will be focusing on Italy until the Euros are done. I hope however that, in reality, he will be letting Guus know if there are any players he'd like to look at. Not everyone will agree I suppose but Guus's delay in playing Pato suggests to me that the caretaker boss does not fancy our latest loan signing. If Conte is curious about Pato however then he needs to see what Pato can do by asking Guus to give him starts up top as well as in his more natural position.

There remains a hope of Europa League qualification but Guus's line up at Villa Park suggest that it isn't important enough to him or the club to delay the experimentation any longer. The remainder of this season should be all about next season and beyond and i hope that means Antonio will start calling the shots.

I agree. I also hope he's took an interest well before now and actually watched a lot of games to see exactly where we are short and what is needed. I read this Conte is a smart guy and that he knows his stuff, if that's the case then whilst signing on the dotted line he has made it plain and simple his outlined plan to the board and owner.

The ignorance of last summers spending, or lack of it should be the wake up call to everyone in that board room. We have planned and signed up Conte early, now we just have to plan early for signings and future outlook, that starts now.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/4/2016 at 2:28 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

I know that for public consumption Antonio must say, has said indeed, that he will be focusing on Italy until the Euros are done. I hope however that, in reality, he will be letting Guus know if there are any players he'd like to look at. Not everyone will agree I suppose, but it seems to me that Guus's delay in playing Pato means that the caretaker boss does not really fancy our latest loan signing. If Conte is curious about Pato however then he needs to ask Guus to give the Brazillian starts up top as well as in his more natural position

It does open up the question, who's gonna be Conte's youth guy. Will it continue to be RLC or perhaps Conte will prefer the more attacking Musonda? 

• 4 weeks later...

A little bit more info

Corinthians are expecting Alexandre Pato to remain at Chelsea next season.

Sources at the Brazilian club have told Sky Sports News HQ that Antonio Conte is an admirer of the former AC Milan striker, who has made just two appearances for the Blues since arriving on loan in January.

They are, however, uncertain at this stage if it will be another loan move.

Pato scored from the penalty spot on his debut – a 4-0 win at Aston Villa – before facing Swansea the following week. 

Last week the Corinthians President Roberto de Andrade said his club would welcome Pato back if Chelsea decide not to extend his spell in London.

5 hours ago, johnnythefirst said:

I've noticed that too. He's probably playing the CL finals again as well. Very strange. 

To be fair it wasn't always smooth sailing for Torres as soon as he got back to Atletico. He was benched quite often and reports a few weeks ago suggested club and player had reached an impasse on an agreement to tie him up next season, currently on his final year on his AC Milan deal. 

I'm sure this form he's found will help him secure that however :lol: 

Lmao, what a joke. If this is a sign of things to come in this transfer market.. Good luck to us lol.

The loan was a joke to start with, but we need a back up CF that has some experience. Remy should be sold, Falcao back off to France and Traore isn't a CF that will carry us (is a winger IMO).

Isn't ideal, but it certainly ain't a shocking announcement.

16 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Haha.,tbh...Torres is genuinely playing well right now. Several levels above the Torres that joined us.

Tbf, he did have his moments in his last season here where he did look like a decent striker. Then again, that was in mostly in comparison with grandpa Etoo and #DareToDemba...