Get Emanalo Sacked

David Barnard - Director/Club secretary

David joined Chelsea in July 2002. He has overall responsibility for the day-to-day administration of the Football Department, including transfer agreements and player contracts, ensuring compliance with the relevant football authorities.

Source : http://www.chelseafc.com/the-club/about-chelsea-football-club/club-personnel/david-barnard.html

But I guess that since nobody knows his name nor his face — and that nobody has bothered to search the information — Emenalo will remain the perfect Piñata.

Man, you talk so much bullsh*t in your last couple of posts.

Do you even know what a secretary does? Do you what administration means?

"In addition, he is responsible for ensuring regulatory arrangements and administrative requirements for all club fixtures, including our pre and post-season tours."

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, stroey said:

Man, you talk so much bullsh*t in your last couple of posts.

Do you even know what a secretary does? Do you what administration means?

"In addition, he is responsible for ensuring regulatory arrangements and administrative requirements for all club fixtures, including our pre and post-season tours."

What is even the point of your post? 

If you put aside Torres, here are our biggest transfers :
    •    Shevchenko for £30m (2006)
    •    Hazard for £32m (2012)
    •    Willian for £30m (2013)
    •    Costa for £32m (2014).

In the space of eight years, our record for a transfer fee has basically remained the same. On the other hand, within the same space of time, there are five players that broke Zizou's record (Ronaldo, Suarez, Neymar, Bale and Rodriguez), and if you consider the fee in pound, this number amounts to 13 players (those aforementioned plus de Bruyne, di Maria, Falcao, Cavani, Torres, Kaka, Sterling and Martial). And roughly, since 2006 there have been some 38 transfers that have exceeded a fee of £32m — out of those, only one was made by us.

All these aforementioned numbers and stats are worth what they worth yet we can see a pattern. Since 2006, we have stabilized our transfer fees and while the prices have doubled, nay tripled, we stick to 2006's standard prices. Nowadays £40m is not enough to buy you a 20 years-old center-back that is far away of setting the world alight, we have only spent more than £40m once... There is basically two/three ways to get good players : you either splash the cash (Madrid) or you are in a situation where you can bet on a lot of unknown players (Porto). Unfortunately, for a lot of reason, we cannot afford to take the Porto's stance and for some reason we seem reluctant to spend more than £30m. As a consequence, it reduces considerably the range of our choices and buying mediocre players is often the outcome of such a situation.

This situation has nothing to do with Emenalo. Even if it is him that chooses and scouts from A to Z players, that is not him that decides of the budget allocated to buy this or that player — that is probably Roman that has the final say in every decision involving big money. And if one considers these financial limitations (not in quantity but in quality) then you purchases have not been that bad since when Emenalo was appointed in 2011 : Courtois (claimed as the second best GK) ; Mata (a fan's favorite) ; Schurrle ; Azpilicueta (a fan's favorite) ; de Bruyne and Lukaku (each time they have a good game, people enrage that we have sold them) ; Zouma (another fan's favorite) ; Kennedy ; etc... It is not a stack of Messis, however they are overall a bunch of good players and that for less than £30m each.

Ultimately, a major part of the responsibility for our hot-and-cold transfers is down to Roman. The scouting team has indeed not always searched for the right profile of player yet at the end of the day they have to work with what they have, that is a relatively low budget — and they have not done so badly.

On 2/2/2016 at 5:55 PM, Spike said:

What is even the point of your post? 

He was probably just trying to imply that even Dave Barnard might have nothing to do with the player transfers...meaning that just because he handles the paperwork for the transfers doesn't mean he is actually responsible for choosing transfer targets or shaping the squad.

It's funny that we've actually got this banner dedicated to getting Emenalo out. The problems of this club run much deeper than Mike Emenalo - The fact we're even back to this 5 years after the issue of ME first came about should say a lot about what's the root of our problems.

If we're going to have Emenalo out banners, we should probably take that Roman Abramovich one we've got hanging up at the Bridge huh?

On 4/2/2016 at 0:14 AM, LDN Blue said:

It's funny that we've actually got this banner dedicated to getting Emenalo out. The problems of this club run much deeper than Mike Emenalo - The fact we're even back to this 5 years after the issue of ME first came about should say a lot about what's the root of our problems.

If we're going to have Emenalo out banners, we should probably take that Roman Abramovich one we've got hanging up at the Bridge huh?

Do you remember that old dude, who during Ancelotti's Bad Moment©, turned up at Cobham with a banner that read "Abramovich + Ancelotti out" ? He took a lot of sticks at the time. Yet in insight he was a brave man — and a coherent man as well. The team was playing badly and he had the courage to denounce the real culprits — the one that made the players play and the one that was ruling the club — and not some cog — among many others — of the machine. He might have taken it too far, nonetheless he did point the finger in the right directions.

On 31 de janeiro de 2016 at 6:33 PM, *Z4YN said:

Aww, unfortunately the wrong answer. But you know what? You have one last chance to give me the right answer.

Many forum members were kind enough to make it their avatar as a hint for you. Just take a look ;)

Unfortunately someone got sacked first...lol

On 3 de fevereiro de 2016 at 11:17 PM, Peace. said:

If you put aside Torres, here are our biggest transfers :
    •    Shevchenko for £30m (2006)
    •    Hazard for £32m (2012)
    •    Willian for £30m (2013)
    •    Costa for £32m (2014).

In the space of eight years, our record for a transfer fee has basically remained the same. On the other hand, within the same space of time, there are five players that broke Zizou's record (Ronaldo, Suarez, Neymar, Bale and Rodriguez), and if you consider the fee in pound, this number amounts to 13 players (those aforementioned plus de Bruyne, di Maria, Falcao, Cavani, Torres, Kaka, Sterling and Martial). And roughly, since 2006 there have been some 38 transfers that have exceeded a fee of £32m — out of those, only one was made by us.

All these aforementioned numbers and stats are worth what they worth yet we can see a pattern. Since 2006, we have stabilized our transfer fees and while the prices have doubled, nay tripled, we stick to 2006's standard prices. Nowadays £40m is not enough to buy you a 20 years-old center-back that is far away of setting the world alight, we have only spent more than £40m once... There is basically two/three ways to get good players : you either splash the cash (Madrid) or you are in a situation where you can bet on a lot of unknown players (Porto). Unfortunately, for a lot of reason, we cannot afford to take the Porto's stance and for some reason we seem reluctant to spend more than £30m. As a consequence, it reduces considerably the range of our choices and buying mediocre players is often the outcome of such a situation.

This situation has nothing to do with Emenalo. Even if it is him that chooses and scouts from A to Z players, that is not him that decides of the budget allocated to buy this or that player — that is probably Roman that has the final say in every decision involving big money. And if one considers these financial limitations (not in quantity but in quality) then you purchases have not been that bad since when Emenalo was appointed in 2011 : Courtois (claimed as the second best GK) ; Mata (a fan's favorite) ; Schurrle ; Azpilicueta (a fan's favorite) ; de Bruyne and Lukaku (each time they have a good game, people enrage that we have sold them) ; Zouma (another fan's favorite) ; Kennedy ; etc... It is not a stack of Messis, however they are overall a bunch of good players and that for less than £30m each.

Ultimately, a major part of the responsibility for our hot-and-cold transfers is down to Roman. The scouting team has indeed not always searched for the right profile of player yet at the end of the day they have to work with what they have, that is a relatively low budget — and they have not done so badly.

We all know there is one big reason why people hate Emenalo: he went to tv and talked about José getting sacked and named him "the individual". That was way too much for some people who see José as some kind of football god.

It seems to me people feel that they need to take a side between Mourinho and Emenolo. I believe after a season like this we need a bigger overhaul in our management including our scouts and board.

I think sacking Mourinho was the right decision but I respect him and I don't think he will ever a season like this in future. Emenalo's job description includes assisting the manager. Mourinho obviously did not get the necessary assistance this season. When Emenalo avoided using his name I thought the actual palpable discord was between him and Mourinho. I don't care which young talents we signed a few years ago. If one bad season is enough to sack a world class manager, one bad transfer window should be enough to sack the head of scouts.

Not just us but the problem at most Premiere League clubs is that they bring in all these world class managers and then they make them work with business people like Granovskaia and unqualified football people like Emenaolo. As a result English clubs are doing just slightly better than Italian clubs in Europe although Premiere League clubs have better managers, players and more resources.

8 hours ago, Henrique said:

We all know there is one big reason why people hate Emenalo: he went to tv and talked about José getting sacked and named him "the individual". That was way too much for some people who see José as some kind of football god.

Hey, Henrique, stop being stupid. 

He's been wanted out for 4 years, before any talk of "the individual". You can't be serious. 

9 hours ago, Henrique said:

That was pretty funny I must admit. And the outrage by some made it even more hilarious. 

Ah never a dull moment in our club. ?

On 7 February 2016 at 3:06 AM, Henrique said:

Nah, rightly or wrongly, the reason people dislike the guy is because he personifies the seemingly unaccountable nature of every major club employee above the manager.

I know it's fun for posters on here to be reductive and act like he's the whipping boy post José but the reality is that this is not the first time the guy's role has been questioned. I bet people sporting his avatar don't really know what he does. I bet they aren't even interested and are just being contrarian.

On 29 January 2016 at 1:06 PM, Leif said:

If Gucci don't make a sale in 10 years, you look at the board and CEO, not the people making the actual products with their actual hands.

If we haven't had stability for a decade, you can't *not* point fingers at the board. Ivanovic didn't start this shaky period. Hazard didn't. Mourinho didn't. Shakiness is consistent with Chelsea and the only thing consistent with Chelsea is the board & Terry. I know Terry isn't causing all of these awful transfer dealings, and i know it's not him pressuring managers into picking the same players week in week out.

I know this is old but your whole rant is based on the fact that Emenalo's on the board. News flash - he actually isn't. 

On 29 January 2016 at 5:00 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

That is spot on Leif. Think we've all worked at a place where the boss has his favourites, but are generally useless. They grass to the boss, flatter him, to get where they want. Seen it in so many places :whistling:

quite funny on one site I worked though , when the boss turned on the foreman , who thought he was safe

The person that brought him in has been long gone though... If he was so awful Roman would've got rid. He isn't stupid.