Crystal Palace v Chelsea

Jase

Excellent first half imo. Really enjoyed our play especially after the goal. Thoughts:

- Apart from the goal Oscar has been by far the weakest of our front three, shows glimpses but not enough. Ta for the tap in though mate. 

- Costa played very well, no tantrums. Blimey, is Guus' chilled out approach working wonders?

- Zouma is an absolute warrior. That tackle was like Ricardo Carvalho in his prime, I can't praise him any more than that because I loved Riccy!

- Mikel has been excellent. Retains the ball so well in tight areas and has calmed down proceedings, lucky not to get booked though..

Come on Chelsea!

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zouma has been a beast so far. Probably has won EVERY aerial duel in this game. if only he could improve his on the ball game..probably should shut him down with some technical coach or something like this. at the moment he is looking like a 3rd league player on the ball and cant barely pass it upfront.

Besides this, pretty solid 1st half. Should go for the 2nd one though

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Best footballing performance since the proverbial "Swansea away" that has been hung on to for how many months. Everyone has played well. 

Starting to look like a FOOTBALL side, rather than a Rugby team up in Leicester. 

Refreshing isn't it? No players going down easily looking for a handout from the ref, no Costa getting into petty squabbles.  just..... football. I've missed that. Long may it last. 

Not going to read too much into the performance because Palace are missing some key players.

That and the fact there is still another half to play.

So far so good but it's clear to see that this team needs to be broken up in the summer. Too many weak links in virtually every department.

My Palace supporting mate is moaning about not having Cabaye and Bolasie available. I won't tell him he's right and they're really missing them because it's nice to actually be winning.

Mikel is having his best game in years so I'd expect Pardew to get his midfield to apply greater pressure on him. Been a very close game but we're good for our lead and hopefully we can add to it. We won't have a better chance to get an away win.

Mikel and Zouma both been great so far! Costa looking better aswell, nice to seem him tracking back and winning the ball in midfield. Kinda looks like a 4-3-3 with Oscar and Fabregas in front of Mikel most of the time, Oscar been as poor as usual despite scoring, hope to see Matic or RLC ( yeah right..) in for him.

We're playing very cohesive Football . We're not looking clueless out there. Clearly Hiddink has worked on the collective attacking quality of the side.

Now go for the killer. I felt very nervous at the end of the first half.

1 minute ago, Styles said:

Not going to read too much into the performance because Palace are missing some key players.

That and the fact there is still another half to play.

So far so good but it's clear to see that this team needs to be broken up in the summer. Too many weak links in virtually every department.

Honest question, but who do you want to see in charge of rebuilding?

The chap in your avatar or a new guy, possibly in cooperation with the manager? And who do you want the new coach to be?

4 minutes ago, Ossie the King said:

Honest question, but who do you want to see in charge of rebuilding?

The chap in your avatar or a new guy, possibly in cooperation with the manager? And who do you want the new coach to be?

Emenalo is responsible for signing several top young players -  I think he should have a role to play recruitment wise. Total control? No. But then he didn't have that when Mourinho was here either. Luis, Fabregas, Costa, Falcao etc...all Mourinho signings.

Manager? No idea. I'm just relieved the guy who had us playing shit on a stick football for an entire calender year is gone. Whoever comes in next gets my full support.