Man United v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im absolutely not confident one bit we can get anything from this at all. They are bad and we are worse IMO, and I can see only one outcome.

Ivanovic will make Depay look like Ronaldo, Fellaini will turn into Pogba for 90 minutes and Martial will no doubt discover his first few weeks form.

Worried to fuck.

wowowowo. Did you just say that Cesc and Matic are balanced line? Matić is playing like shit, Fabs dont even better. I would rather play Ramires-Mikel or(sick!) Fabregas-Mikel. Matić has hot head in this season. tbh what Mikel did in last match impress me, so deserve to play instead of Matić.

PS: Costa is banned for this match. So Falcao/Remy.

it's a more balanced lineup because we'd be going from a 2 man midfield to a 3 man midfield. Neither Matic or Fabregas would be tasked with shielding the back four as that would be primarily Mikel's job.

Both Matic and Fabregas would have a bit more freedom to express themselves ( which might invigorate them) as they'd have Mikel playing behind them.

I know Costa is suspended but the lineup i gave wasn't just for this game alone. ;)

Courtois

Ivanovic Zouma Terry Azpilicueta

Mikel

Ramires Matic

Willian Hazard

Rémy

Most balanced XI we can field ( if you add Costa instead of Rémy in general ).

Oscar as a wildcard if behind, todo bueno.

Balanced? Like equally attacking-defensive wise? :D

Since when is having three destructive players in midfield called "balanced"? All-defensive is what I see, let's not fool ourselves.

Balanced? Like equally attacking-defensive wise? :D

Since when is having three destructive players in midfield called "balanced"? All-defensive is what I see, let's not fool ourselves.

Balanced midfield, Hiddink said it the other day, this team is way too offensive, and it's good, but in order for that to be effective we need players to help us retain the ball in midfied, it's ironic, but with Cesc on the pitch and the double pivot, we don't keep the ball enough, thus giving it away and exposing ourselves ( or having to sit back and protect our really, really slow and bad Back 4 ).

And Ramires isn't a destructive player, as a Box to box in a three man midfield he could be really really good, that's his original position, Matic with more freedom wouldn't feel the need to cover for himself and Fabregas, so he we would press more, have more of the ball and thus more control of the game.

Balanced midfield, Hiddink said it the other day, this team is way too offensive, and it's good, but in order for that to be effective we need players to help us retain the ball in midfied, it's ironic, but with Cesc on the pitch and the double pivot, we don't keep the ball enough, thus giving it away and exposing ourselves ( or having to sit back and protect our really, really slow and bad Back 4 ).

And Ramires isn't a destructive player, as a Box to box in a three man midfield he could be really really good, that's his original position, Matic with more freedom wouldn't feel the need to cover for himself and Fabregas, so he we would press more, have more of the ball and thus more control of the game.

I agree that Matić-Fabregas-Oscar is too offensive. But Matić-Ramires-Mikel is on the other side too defensive. Especially when you have Ivanović and Azpi as full-backs.

Balanced I call Matić-Ramires-Fabregas, when on form.

If everyone mentioned is out, Id expect us to lineup somewhat like this. Maybe Mikel in for Kenedy and Ramires on the wing...

Courtois

Ivan Cahill JT Azpi

Ramires Matic

Willian Oscar Kenedy

Pedro