The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The players are shit. Do you expect Guus to wave a magic wand and everything will be okay?

Can't criticise his selection yesterday as he had no fit strikers and one training session to prepare the team to play without one.

He picks the shit players though. Where's Baba, RLC, Traore or Kenedy? There's no excuse for picking Ivanovic and Oscar. Fair enough it's his second game.

Mark my words though he will pick Ivanovic and Oscar in the next game.

He picks the shit players though. Where's Baba, RLC, Traore or Kenedy? There's no excuse for picking Ivanovic and Oscar. Fair enough it's his second game.

Mark my words though he will pick Ivanovic and Oscar in the next game.

Regardless of form and confidence, if you want to play the kids against United at Old Trafford then that's up to you. I wouldn't, in his position.

LOL. What utter rubbish to come with after 2 games in charge. At least we created against Watford and looked more like an attacking team. Moruinho lost against Bournemouth. Let's put things into perspective. How about we use common sense and wait until Hiddink has had a few games in charge.

I get you like Mourinho a lot mate but did you ever criticize him for those exact things he did himself? I don't think you did pal.

I don't think we should have kept with Mourinho. First game without him and we play our best football of the season? Coincidence or not.

I don't mind people who defend Mourinho but berating Hidding for what Mourinho done is completely hypocritical and shows that some people will defend Mourinho, no matter what. Now when Hiddink guides us to wins, I guarantee you a lot of the Mourinho supporters will start reverting to the claim "they want to play for Hiddink but chose to not play for Moruinho" because they don't want to give any credit to Hiddink.

And regarding Matic, you are being very harsh. He was a big reason we never lost the game. He was very good today apart from the miss. He got another chance to play and Hiddink's decision proved right. He was excellent.

I am not spiting Hiddink, let's not demonise the opposition here, but it really must wind you up that changing the manager has made nearly no difference whatsoever despite the hype of how Jose was ruining the club, picking the wrong team... the only benefit I can see is that his press conferences are less abrasive. Anyway, your claim is wrong - if they suddenly played brilliantly then yes, we would have a valid claim to that (Sunderland does not count, I would have expected a similar result Mou or not) but that hasn't been the case.

The Man United draw was actually an undeserved result considering they should have had 2 red cards and we had the closest shot to being a goal (JT header was on target) and we had loads of attacks but our players were hacked down before we could charge in. However to say that was down to Hiddink is not correct. He was good because Mikel sat back so he could charge forwards, and I bet every dollar I got that Jose would have played him or Zouma yesterday.

In fact, had he done so, I suspect he would be crucified for producing negative football. As for the Bournemouth result? I'm sure Hiddink has bad results he would like to keep in the dustbin of history too, means absolutely nothing if you have a winning record like either manager.

I would as well. But in more amiable circumstances. Old Trafford is a baptism of fire. The youngsters will get the chances they deserve if they earn them!

They deserve it more than Oscar etc. So I have no idea where you are coming from to be honest.

It's different when you actually have to make the decision though...

Why? The guys have been playing shit for 4 months now.

They deserve it more than Oscar etc. So I have no idea where you are coming from to be honest.

Why? The guys have been playing shit for 4 months now.

You have no idea where I'm coming from? I have no idea where you're coming from by saying you'd throw a load of youngsters into the team at Old Trafford.

You have no idea where I'm coming from? I have no idea where you're coming from by saying you'd throw a load of youngsters into the team at Old Trafford.

A load of youngsters? Baba isn't even from our youth and we bought him for 20m + he is way better than Brana.

Kenedy is ten times the player that Oscar is. He has impressed us when he has come on unlike Oscar.

RLC is better than Mikel and you know it. Don't need to explain why.

How do you not see this? Have you been watching our games this season mate?

I would as well. But in more amiable circumstances. Old Trafford is a baptism of fire. The youngsters will get the chances they deserve if they earn them!

No, they won't. The same is said every single season.

I agree with your point but you can't deny there's something fundamentally wrong with Chelsea when it comes to putting even the slightest bit of trust in young, raw players. There's always an excuse. Haven't even been able to produce a mere squad-player in all these years.

It's one thing to make those errors in your second match in charge, it's something entirely different to keep making those same errors months after months, defeat after defeat, poor performances after poor performances. It took Guus 45 mins to see that Cesc alongside Matic wasn't working. He acted swiftly and replaced him with Mikel. How long did it take Mourinho before he finally dropped Cesc? How many times did we have to watch Cesc get turned and our midfield sliced opened by the slightest of movement before Mourinho finally did something about it? I understand that some people on here who are strong supporters of Mourinho are desperate for some vindication. I don't blame you, after all it's human nature to want to be proven right. But to criticize Guus for making similar errors in judgement as Mourinho without acknowledgement that the former is only 1 week into his managerial tenure, is quite frankly the height of absurdity.

Good points raised. Would many managers, upon taking over a team mid season, bench a starter based solely on video analyses? I don't think so. I would think most managers would want to see how a player responds to their style/methods of coaching before deciding to replace them in starting line-up. I agree with you that Guus might never drop Ivanovic, but I also think it's important to bare in mind that he's taking over a team that's low in confidence and solidarity. I would imagine that for an interim manager walking into these circumstances, the first priority would probably be to try to lift the mood and unify the dressing room. I'm not sure if coming in and making radical changes right away would be the best approach to take to improve performances/results.

So it took Guus 45 minutes to see the ploblem with Fabregas but he failed to see in another 45 minutes that Ivanovich was a no brainer to be taken off - no? You could argue that José detractors were stating the exact same things after a few games this season, this coming off the back of a season where Ivanovich was voted by his peers & pundits alike as best in his position, moving forward they were indeed proved 100% correct, so it doesn't bode well.

I think he has replaced one problem with another by employing Mikel, whilst he offers security he also losses possession far too often in key areas, the opposition then recycle the ball and we are under pressure again. I'm not sure yet the change with Fabregas/Mikel was an astute piece of tactical knowledge or an enforced one due to an injury to Cesc as he didn't travel yesterday. However I concur with you regards the change as Matic always looks a far better player when Fabregas is not playing, I just hope he finds a better solution than Mikel.

I neither thought José being sacked was right or wrong, he became stubborn in more ways than one and had his favourites and made the mistake of sticking by them game after game, one poor performance after another, some players repaid that loyalty by throwing in the towel and I've mentioned many times this season how the board left him out to dry.

I hope Guus makes the necessary changes and quickly however I remain unconvinced, though we all have to remain patient and give the guy some time, in a couple of months or so we can review whether his appointment was a good bit of business or a desperate one by the board.

A load of youngsters? Baba isn't even from our youth and we bought him for 20m + he is way better than Brana.

Kenedy is ten times the player that Oscar is. He has impressed us when he has come on unlike Oscar.

RLC is better than Mikel and you know it. Don't need to explain why.

How do you not see this? Have you been watching our games this season mate?

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

By that logic Falcao should be a world beater

Pretty sure the difference that Costa offers over Falcao is different from Ivanovic offers over Baba. He might not be the best we have, but there is a reason he is starting .Something he might do in training, or around the players, whatever it is managers aren't completely blind, they are like us, they have their reasons.