The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

The fact that he prefers Mikel to MATIC of all people, in my eyes, our second best player behind Hazard, is extremely worrying. Any midfielder will look bad eventually playing next to a defensive liability like Fabregas. Matic doesn't deserve to be dropped while guys like Oscar and Ivanovic keep their places.

Hopefully, Guus figures this shit out quickly. You cannot bench Matic for Mikel. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

The fact that he prefers Mikel to MATIC of all people, in my eyes, our second best player behind Hazard, is extremely worrying. Any midfielder will look bad eventually playing next to a defensive liability like Fabregas. Matic doesn't deserve to be dropped while guys like Oscar and Ivanovic keep their places.

Hopefully, Guus figures this shit out quickly. You cannot bench Matic for Mikel. 

Maybe Matic still isn't 100% after that concussion :)

Still early days, but I have to admit, I'm Disappointed. At least Rodgers would have given a lot of excitement, but this Guus is stale and boring. 

Still utilizing Mourinho's tactical shape and formations. Still playing under performing players. Azplicueta still out of position. Kenedy despite his goal will start on the bench in the next game. Oscar is a guaranteed starter regardless of how many games he plays like a lost child. 

The only change he's made is Mikel, who offers nothing when we have the ball. This team is going to get humiliated and destroyed come Champions league time if something doesn't change quickly. That pivot of Mikel and Fabregas (LOL) will get eviscerated and dissected against any good European passing team. 

I hope playing all the so-called "starters" against Scunthorpe was worth it. 

If it was up to me, all the garbage should be kicked out in the summer. Starting with Oscar, Ramires, Mikel and Ivanovic. The fact that these guys are still playing for us in 2016 shows how far we've fallen from not only Europe's best, but PL's best. 

Roman and the board need to take a good look at themselves. They have to shoulder a lot of blame for the predicament we find ourselves in, with their atrocious decision making and haphazard and clueless running of the club.  

It's just so disappointing that just a year ago, we had such a great base to build a special side, now we have to start again almost from scratch. And no one knows how much money Roman is willing to spend and the type of players we will be able to attract without CL football. 

I'm glad he is only a short term manager. His decision to introduce a second DM after the game was 2-1 was the reason they scored a 2nd goal. The team was playing a decent match, but Fabregas was a key player in the mid, specially starting counter attacks and organizing the team in the mid. Matic was terrible, and was completely lost when the team was under pressure, since he was always inside the box, marking no one and leaving free space outside the box to a long range shoots. 

Can't believe he decided to park the bus as WB was a fucking awesome team. This season is a nightmare.

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Mikel has undoubtedly been better this season than Matic, just as Matic is undoubtedly the player with more ability between the two. 

I think we can say objectively that Matic deserves to be dropped this season. 

1 minute ago, CHOULO19 said:

Mikel has undoubtedly been better this season than Matic, just as Matic is undoubtedly the player with more ability between the two. 

I think we can say objectively that Matic deserves to be dropped this season. 

I liked the post for the bolded.

Matic doesn't have more ability though. He's a one-footed headless chicken.

1 minute ago, Styles said:

I liked the post for the bolded.

Matic doesn't have more ability though. He's a one-footed headless chicken.

Harsh. He has actually had great performances for us, just rarely consistently and not for quite a while now. 

4 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Harsh. He has actually had great performances for us, just rarely consistently and not for quite a while now. 

So has Oscar and he is an abomination.

Even Kalou used to put in some good performances every 30 games or so.

4 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Both have different qualities, but at the end of the day both have are at the same level. Matic is more expensive, though, and have high overall quality in FIFA and PES 2016 (88 in this case), and thats the only reason why he should stay next season.

3 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Both have different qualities, but at the end of the day both have are at the same level. Matic is more expensive, though, and have high overall quality in FIFA and PES 2016 (88 in this case), and thats the only reason why he should stay next season.

:lol::lol:

8 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Only if he makes it on the cover of either with a Chelsea shirt! :D

Fair play to Hiddink for not being afraid to bring on young players but as some have said, why on earth did the team drop so deep against West Brom (no offence but it's WEST BROM FFS!!!)? Why did he use only 2 subs? Could and should have used the last 1 after they equalized!!