The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

Even if he has watched our previous matches, do people really expect dramatic changes from him after 1 week and 2 games? And regarding the underperforming players, who can he drop them for? There's only so many he can drop and playing the youngsters won't guarantee instant improvement. They might do better or heck, even worse. It's going to take some time for Hiddink to get this team into decent shape.

If he ever does, its tactically as well as personnel that need sorting. If he wanted to change something it would have made perfect sense to play hungry players with something to prove -Kennedy, Traore and Loftus Cheek.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the types who sing his name at matches still?

I don't really take the chanting of his name seriously. Fans are always going to chant whatever they want. It's more camaraderie than anything. You hear a lot of random chants at grounds.

The kind I'm referring to are the ones that say they don't mind us getting relegated, so long as he doesn't get fired. Or say we should replace most of our squad and keep Mourinho as manager. Basically the kind that think Jose can do NO wrong and can never disagree or question his decisions and behaviour.

Because some Mourinho's fans are really annoying. Not all, obviously, but some. They take their support of a Chelsea manager to a cult like level, almost on par with the support they show for the club. I think you know the type I'm referring to.

Because that understand that a manager could only do so much when he has got players like Oscar, Fabregas, Ivanovic, cunts like costa and open goal misses like matic and Pedro

You mean the types who sing his name at matches still?

People still sing his name?

I didn't notice it against Watford.

There was support for the team and chanting Diego name.

I think that whole singing was to show respect to a manager. That Chelsea fans are not like United fans that ask for their manager to be sacked. But support their current manager and even after they are sack they show respect and love.

If he ever does, its tactically as well as personnel that need sorting. If he wanted to change something it would have made perfect sense to play hungry players with something to prove -Kennedy, Traore and Loftus Cheek.

But how can he know and come to conclusion after just 1 week?! We have 5 days till Palace away on Sunday and a week before the Scunthorpe tie. By then, he should know more about the players and it's better to judge things from there, not after a few days which saw us play twice.

But how can he know and come to conclusion after just 1 week?! We have 5 days till Palace away on Sunday and a week before the Scunthorpe tie. By then, he should know more about the players and it's better to judge things from there, not after a few days which saw us play twice.

if I was paid 150k a week I would have done a bit of research DVDs /Youtube at least, after all he would have been sounded out for the job weeks ago, plenty of time to do some spadework. I admire youre looking for a positive, but he shit the bed today... Showed no managerial ability whatsoever, and has taken two points of Watford and United. Best to give him time, but I see his appointment nothing more than a PR excercise at the moment. Overall though all said and done, not a bad result without a striker, but obviously a draw was the gameplan

if I was paid 150k a week I would have done a bit of research DVDs /Youtube at least, after all he would have been sounded out for the job weeks ago, plenty of time to do some spadework. I admire youre looking for a positive, but he shit the bed today... Showed no managerial ability whatsoever, and has taken two points of Watford and United. Best to give him time, but I see his appointment nothing more than a PR excercise at the moment. Overall though all said and done, not a bad result without a striker, but obviously a draw was the gameplan

I'm not trying to be positive but rather looking at things from both side. You're not wrong with what you said but I just think that you can't expect miracles (even with research etc) after 1 week, not after what happened with Mourinho and the damage he caused to the side (god really knows what's going on there). Give him a week or two more and we'll see how things go. As for the game today, well, you can't exactly blame him when you have players like Matic, Pedro, Azpi, Terry all missing good goalscoring chances.

I'm not trying to be positive but rather looking at things from both side. You're not wrong with what you said but I just think that you can't expect miracles (even with research etc) after 1 week, not after what happened with Mourinho and the damage he caused to the side (god really knows what's going on there). Give him a week or two more and we'll see how things go. As for the game today, well, you can't exactly blame him when you have players like Matic, Pedro, Azpi, Terry all missing good goalscoring chances.

Dont remind me about Matic :rant:

You don't need the Crystal Palace match or the Scubthorp tie to know that squad is improving but not to the levels of top four finish. They over achieved last year plain and simple. They played against a low down and out United team and settled to just sit back like a newly promoted team and absorb pressure. Sad state of affairs

Not sure what everyone is so upset about. Just looked at the table and this was our 20th point from 19 matches, which means, if we manage to maintain our form in the second half of the season, we are on track to finish with 40 points, the 'magic' number that usually means safety from relegation :yay:

Not sure what everyone is so upset about. Just looked at the table and this was our 20th point from 19 matches, which means, if we manage to maintain our form in the second half of the season, we are on track to finish with 40 points, the 'magic' number that usually means safety from relegation :yay:

Destiny's Child is life.

Jeez Guys!!!!!!Hiddink has been in charge for 2 games !!!!Give the guy a break will ya. He really has no choice at present but to play the "old guard". You can watch all the videos you like but it doesn't cut it like watching the real thing. And in all honesty, did you expect to see the youth played against Man Utd at Old Trafford? If we had lost this game playing the youth we would have kicked up a shit storm.The guy hasn't really had much time to evaluate the squad. Judge him after another 6 league games.

United always raise their game against us. We are in the bottom half of the table after losing 9 games already, and we took a point with a clean sheet and we didn't even have a striker on the bench!!!!! Yes, I am sad at the state of our club, but a point is a point, and as Styles (I think) said before. "Baby steps guys...Baby steps"....And can we stop the comparisons with Jose? He's gone, and he's not coming back, so lets move on people.

Weeks ago the team got a similiar result, under similar circunstances against Spurs. Team played with a false 9, created few chances, and most people here were saying the football was solid, Mourinho got it right, turning point of the season, result was decent because was a 0-0 against a team in the top half of table.

Now it seems its a nightmare, and after two games and less than two weeks in charge, Hiddink is already clueless. About the "kids", a away game against a United that need a victory so bad is not really the perfect game to start players that never started a PL game before, like Kenedy and Traore, or even Loftus Cheek, specially when Matic was easily the man of the match, and Mikel was decent.

In the future games he must stop playing Ivanovic as a RB, and restore Azpilicueta to his natural duties. Zouma is better than Cahill, and Guus should not even consider starting Cahill again.

Mikel might be a good quick solution, but this team won't be winning many games while he is in the field, since he offers nothing going forward. Matic and Hazard were great.

I have no doubt that were it Mourinho in that dugout, a fair few of the people who are criticizing Guus would be singing a different tone. We'd be seeing comments like "crucial point gained at a difficult ground". Excuses after excuses would be thrown about as to why we were so poor in possession - "well we were missing Costa", "well Utd might be in poor form but they're still United", oh and the obligatory "would you rather have lost 4-0 like Arsenal?" It's funny how so much more is being expected from an interim manager who's only had a week to work with these players than the previous manager who had years to mold this team according to his vision.

Hats off to Tomo who is backing Gus just as strongly as he did with Mourinho.