The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Styles said:

Dropping deep and protecting a lead has been so ingrained into the player's psyche that they're too far gone. It's second nature to them now.

We need a massive clearout - it's the only way to get rid of Mourinho's garbage football.

Hello Styles,

I think you are continuing to put the cart before the horse on this. Dropping back is not elective. When the other side is behind and need to chase the game they press and this collection of players are not good enough to cope. That's what happened after the first few weeks of exuberance last season. Fortunately they had Jose to drag them to the title win by setting up in the only way this lot could win.

Unfortunately that trophy seems only to have convinced some of our squad that they are as good as you perhaps think they are. They appear to have gotten it into their heads that they are too good to play Jose's way and downed tools. The league table is the result. Jose is partly to blame because he selected some of these players personally, but had they stayed on board with him the results would have been less bad than they have.

You are right however to say that we need a raft of new players if we are to become competitive playing on the front foot. I said in the summer of 2013 that we needed eight new players to even begin to solve our problems. I think things might be even worse now.

He doesnt seem to have changed much, and I imagine Abramovich just thinks that changing managers will continue with the success of the last decade. The problem is this current crop of players is nowhere near the vintage of the 2004-2010 crew. It also sends the message, that if the players sulk then its ok the manager will get the chop.

Couple that with the fact that almost any team in the prem can win the league with a few astute buys, and theres mediocrity to look forward to now. Hope I am wrong, but it seems the golden era has passed.

I think someone needs to remind Hiddink that in the PL, you can make a maximum of 3 subs, not 2. Every league game he has been in charge for us this season so far, he has made 2 subs, when he really could have done with that extra third sub.

45 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Hello Styles,

I think you are continuing to put the cart before the horse on this. Dropping back is not elective. When the other side is behind and need to chase the game they press and this collection of players are not good enough to cope. That's what happened after the first few weeks of exuberance last season. Fortunately we had Jose to drag them to the title win by setting up in the only way this lot could win.

Unfortunately that trophy seems only to have convinced some of our squad that they are as good as you perhaps think they are. They appear to have gotten it into their heads that they are too good to play Jose's way and downed tools. The league table is the result. Jose is partially to blame because he selected some of these players personally but had they stayed on board with him the results would have been less bad than they have.

You are right however to say that we need a raft of new players if we are to become competitive playing on the front foot. I said in the summer of 2013 that we needed eight new players to even begin to solve our problems. I think things might be even worse now.

You beautiful thing. This post is majestic.

Usually ill be anything but happy with one win and three draws in four games, but the form and constant loses before Jose left was so damaging that 5 league games and 6 overall unbeaten is actually a positive step in this season.

Ideally we can escape Everton and Arsenal with four points then I think Hiddink will get us on a decent run, the performances are a lot better even If we have dropped some silly points.

Most likely too late for top four, unless Spurs do an even bigger bottle job than usual, but hopefully we can have a strong end to the season keep the squad together, add prudently, do all thatthen this horror season will almost surely be a one off.

37 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Usually ill be anything but happy with one win and three draws in four games, but the form and constant loses before Jose left was so damaging that 5 league games and 6 overall unbeaten is actually a positive step in this season.

Ideally we can escape Everton and Arsenal with four points then I think Hiddink will get us on a decent run, the performances are a lot better even If we have dropped some silly points.

Most likely too late for top four, unless Spurs do an even bigger bottle job than usual, but hopefully we can have a strong end to the season keep the squad together, add prudently, do all thatthen this horror season will almost surely be a one off.

Yeah but I don't want to dismiss top 4 just yet. This league is going crazy this season, everyone's taking points off everyone!

Predictability of the league has gone down, we keep picking up points and who knows?

2 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

Yeah but I don't want to dismiss top 4 just yet. This league is going crazy this season, everyone's taking points off everyone!

Predictability of the league has gone down, we keep picking up points and who knows?

Ofcourse but it would require a run akin to Hiddinks in 2009 to even get a shout, and even then that might not be enough.

Top 3 is well and truly gone, Arsenal, City and Leicester "only" have to have a run as bad as ours in the first half to secure their places above us. The hope for 4th I'm clinging onto is United are vaunrable to a very very shit run under LVG, Liverpool just aren't very good and Spurs look like they are burning out a bit already and even on top form they struggle to turn draws into wins.

i won't give up until it's impossible but it's going to be incredibly hard, even runaway title form from now till the end won't guarantee it.

Finish 8th at best, worst about 14th. The minds are completely shot and the lack of belief has gone completely.

Hiddink's a good manager, he isn't a miracle worker. This lot have problems, both mentally and physically. 

45 minutes ago, manpe said:

Top 4 is gone, best if you guys just accepted this.

we're 12 points away with 51 possible points remaining... the top 4 is not that far away as you and everyone else make it seem IMO.

40 minutes ago, DANILA said:

we're 12 points away with 51 possible points remaining... the top 4 is not that far away as you and everyone else make it seem IMO.

Im sorry time to be realistic and from what i've seen our team is so piss poor that we'd be lucky to even finish top 6 especially with Hiddink continuing to play duds. Our aim now is to focus on avoiding relegation and to find the right manager who should conduct a major rebuild in summer..

We ain't getting top 4.still yet to win back to back games or win 2 in a month and it's now January.12 off the top.We have literally bounced between 16th and 14th that's it.Top 8 if even that is realistic and even that looks far off..season needs to be over.

If we don't beat Everton or Arsenal in the next two league matches (which is probably unlikely given our recent performances), then we would have maintained our record of winning only one league match every month this season. :lol:

1 hour ago, DANILA said:

12 points might not seem a lot but we can't even string 2 consecutive league wins at the moment!