Graziano Pelle

the wes

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, think he'll fit us nicely. At this moment in time we have no real striker who can hold the ball up and play with his back to goal, Pelle is perfect for that. Cheap and unspectacular yes, but think he'll do a good job here. 

Conte wants Pelle? Not that surprising but leaning towards a NO-NO here. Think the reason for that is obvious but on the other hand, you would think that having worked with Conte and grasped the way he works, Pelle would be a good signing. But still not liking the idea of this.

Why not? Costa-Bats Pelle-Traoré would be functioning partnerships. Hell, I wouldn't even say no to Giaccherini if Conte would have in mind a system for which he is tailored.
He knows how Conte works, he can do much more than just the lamp post standing in the box, cheap, as we need to reinforce every other department, and Italian :P
Bring some Italy back in Chelsea like the old days finally. Although, if I could choose, I would bring in Florenzi-Bonucci-Verratti-Marchisio.

All hinges on what happens with Costa.

If Pelle is brought in as anything other than a 3rd option then no thanks. If we're planning on partly replacing Costa with Pelle and having him be the main man to partner Batshuayi it would be terrible business.

He reminds me of Andy Carroll. When he's in top form he's almost unplayable due to his size and hold up play but he can also look totally shit for long stretches.

49 minutes ago, Jason said:

Conte wants Pelle? Not that surprising but leaning towards a NO-NO here. Think the reason for that is obvious but on the other hand, you would think that having worked with Conte and grasped the way he works, Pelle would be a good signing. But still not liking the idea of this.

Id be skeptical if he was a starter, but a proven scorer at this level for a rotation player for a low price is tempting, because apart from Costa, Michy, Hazard (last season is a fluke) and an on form Oscar (which is a rare occurrence) there's no real goal threat in our squad.

If he were to take Remy's spot in the squad then I'm all for it. Would offer something completely different to the squad with his size, presence and hold up play with proven premier league experience.

If he were to take Remy's spot in the squad then I'm all for it. Would offer something completely different to the squad with his size, presence and hold up play with proven premier league experience.

There are better alternatives out there than a hit and miss striker. Went 13 games without a goal last season.

3 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Being proven in the Premier League is worth diddly squat compared to being proven at Chelsea :cig:

5 hours ago, We Hate Scouse said:

The Telegraph never said that. It said he has a year left as did Wanyamas.

Maybe I misinterpreted it or misread it, but Sky Sports attributes it to the Telegraph in Paper Talk. Maybe not a free agent but appears he would be allowed to leave.

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk

What a handsome dude. Sign him up! But keep him far away from penalties.

1413546300679_wps_26_epa04435912_Italy_s

On a serious note, won't be a bad 3rd option to have. Offer something different to Costa and Michy (and Traore).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You