Graziano Pelle

the wes

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

Id be skeptical if he was a starter, but a proven scorer at this level for a rotation player for a low price is tempting, because apart from Costa, Michy, Hazard (last season is a fluke) and an on form Oscar (which is a rare occurrence) there's no real goal threat in our squad.

Even as a rotation player, I'm still leaning towards a NO for this. You would want someone better than him or otherwise, it'll end up in the same situation like last season where we all moaned about the crap options in Remy, Falcao and Pato. Calling him a proven scorer, even as a rotation player, is stretching it considering he's only got 30 PL goals in 81 appearances and he went through some pretty dry, bad spells at Southampton. And considering how jammy Costa's hamstring is, Pelle might end up starting a lot more games than we think right now.

You can't deny it completely underwhelming. The guy isn't even an automatic starter at soton.

From Morata to Pelle (as di Marzio says) is quite a downstep.

6 minutes ago, Beigl said:

From Morata to Pelle (as di Marzio says) is quite a downstep.

To be honest, now when we sealed the Batshuayi deal, I'd much rather spend big on midfield and defense than splashing 50m on Morata.

The Telegraph are saying we'll go after Pellé if we can't sign Morata. They say we very much still want him to pair with Diego.

What an insane group of forwards we'd have if we signed Morata...

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

The Telegraph are saying we'll go after Pellé if we can't sign Morata. They say we very much still want him to pair with Diego.

What an insane group of forwards we'd have if we signed Morata...

I just don't see the club spending 80+ million (30 for Michy and 50 for Morata) on two strikers....especially when you consider our lack of defensive quality

2 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I just don't see the club spending 80+ million (30 for Michy and 50 for Morata) on two strikers....especially when you consider our lack of defensive quality

Don't think one affects the other here. Signing Koulibaly and Kante would massively improve our brittle defense.

Does seem starnge that the strongest links and rumors so far for us are with attacking players and our first signing was a striker considering the overwhelming weakness last season was at the back. You would've thoguth that as soon as the season ended we'd go all out signing midfielders and defenders.

Conte is also interested in Graziano Pelle in case #CFC cannot agree a fee with Real Madrid for Morata, valued at around £50m (Telegraph)

Antonio Conte wants Southampton striker Graziano Pellè at #Chelsea and has told his new club to make an offer next week. [Sky Italia]

According to reports,  Chelsea has made an opening offer for Southampton striker Graziano Pelle. 

The 30-year-old striker has one year remaining on his contract at St Mary’s and he is still yet to sign an extension. According to Dailymail,  Chelsea is considering a £12million swoop for the Italian but Southampton are holding on for £16m.

Pelle scored two goals at Euro 2016 for Italy, where the Italians reached the quarter-finals. But unfortunately he missed a penalty in the sudden death shoot-out against Germany.

Last season, Pelle scored 14 goals and made seven assists in all competitions for the Saints.

http://www.chelseadiurnal.com/2016/07/chelsea-transfer-news-chelsea-open-talks-for-pelle.html

Pelle.jpg

I could absolutely see this being true.  Conte clearly a fan, last year of deal.  It does sound likely. 

And I have no doubt the club would rather get Pelle at 12 than Morata at 33m.  I still think we'll get Morata, or hope we will, but id not be sad with Pelle either tbh

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

Totally expected from them, particularly if we are sniffing around. 

Not sure how this would work with our over 30 policy - I mean who spends £12-£16m on a player then gives him a years contract?! Going to piss a few players off I feel..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I could absolutely see this being true.  Conte clearly a fan, last year of deal.  It does sound likely. 

And I have no doubt the club would rather get Pelle at 12 than Morata at 33m.  I still think we'll get Morata, or hope we will, but id not be sad with Pelle either tbh

Morata is not even available at that price. Real want around £50m for him so even if they were to lower evaluation it will be at least £40m if we and other teams are lucky.

I think he'd be a good signing, he was impressive for Italy where he was paired with Eder. If we are gonna be playing 3-5-2, which I sincerely hope not, he'd be a good back up/rotation player, bringing a different skill set to the squad in terms of his hold up play and aerial threat. For 7-8M you can't go wrong, heck even 10-12m is reasonable and it gives Conte an ally in the squad, someone he already knows inside out. 

38 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think he'd be a good signing, he was impressive for Italy where he was paired with Eder. If we are gonna be playing 3-5-2, which I sincerely hope not, he'd be a good back up/rotation player, bringing a different skill set to the squad in terms of his hold up play and aerial threat. For 7-8M you can't go wrong, heck even 10-12m is reasonable and it gives Conte an ally in the squad, someone he already knows inside out. 

I wouldn't say impressive, more indicative of Italy's lack of a quality target-man.

He would be a good signing but I would also like to have an younger striker who could surpass Pelle over the season to be our 1st option backup like Jesus(Palmeiras), Luan(Grêmio), Mitrovic(Newcastle) or Solanke.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You