• Costa
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your missing the common denominator. Mourinho is not bigger than the club and that is what I think a huge chunk of fans have unofrtunately started to believe. There is more support going around in the stadiums and forums for him than the actual team. We were hovering 1 point above relegation and yeah players have been bad but people think Mourinho is this god when the truth is he deserved the sack. He definitely has a huge cult of followers though. More allegiances to him than the actual club. Just WOW.

I wanted it to work out so much, put my heart into it.

No one can deny that Jose Mourinho is a special person for this club, so a lot of people cut him more slack than others,

it hasn't always been the most rational discussions, but that's love, at least for some of the fans.

It's already been said but it's like a get together with your favorite ex and for some time both of you have a great time, after it especially one part tries to get back to it but impossible, it only gets worse. Most likely not rational thinking but you don't fuckin' care till the end.

I have seen it all before...

It was the first game after Mourinho's sacking, so very emotional for some fans.

But we all go to matches because we want to see our team play, nowadays we don't pay to have Jose Mourinho around,

but we're still going, so priorities are clear, imo.

Chanting the name of our most successful manager ever is a class act, he's our legend, imo.

But that's the legend, we come to see our team and appreciate the beautiful game, sticking it to some Spuds or Goonettes is nice too... :yay:

Cheers, mate.

I dont like the singling out of individual players, but theyre not fucking gods, and deserve to recognise, that we pay for their mansions, ferraris, and as such have to earn our respect. I am sure theyre big enough and ugly enough to cope with it today.

"Where were you when we were shit" epic and apt.

Why are people upset at the players? They didn't try as hard when Mou was there? How would anyone know. There is a sense of relief when something you feel was holding you back is gone now. The players are more free to play their game.

The managers job is to control the players and have them set up the way he wants. If he can't do that, it is his fault. Players aren't to blame. Only natural motivation suffers at time, especially with a personality as big as Mou's, and his actions taking up all of the media spotlight.

Can't even spell Hazard right but sure a "real fan".

TBH, I would not be surprised if the double ZZ part was deliberately done so the Mourinho cult make it clear they think he is a snake. Maybe I am reading too much into it but I would not be surprised if they have played on the wording of his name to elaborate their point.

Sad that they turn on Hazard just because it seems him and Mourinho were not seeing eye to eye. I am going to the Watford match next week and tbh I am quite embarrassed to be around fans that think it is alright to boo several of our players.

Especially important ones like Hazard who it is more important we keep than Mourinho. Fans will only appreciate what they had until its gone.

@Essien19, @didierforever,@Barbara

Think this guy sums up our thoughts perfectly.

going through other videos as well and hardly surprising how many of them feel the same way.

love what this guy said

if pep comes in and the players think, "i dont want to play for him", will we sack him too?

and this has been the exact question i have been asking. what about the future. what precedent does this set? the players can literally stop caring about the clubs and the fans until they get what they want. does not matter who you are, not even messi should be allowed to have that attitude.

Stop blaming the players. Its mourinho. He stopped us playing with freedom and I will never forgive him for getting rid off. Luiz,mata,debruyne,schurrle,salah,lukaku.. all flair players that mourinho cudnt accept because they were creators and didnt believe in his anti football. I mean luiz was meant to be our next captain. He won us the champions league with terry suspended

going through other videos as well and hardly surprising how many of them feel the same way.

love what this guy said

if pep comes in and the players think, "i dont want to play for him", will we sack him too?

and this has been the exact question i have been asking. what about the future. what precedent does this set? the players can literally stop caring about the clubs and the fans until they get what they want. does not matter who you are, not even messi should be allowed to have that attitude.

Yeah exactly but Guardiola plays "attractive" football, so players won't be turning on him so soon based on style. But imagine Simeone to come in and plays bus parking football which he occasionally does, will the players start playing shit on purpose again because they don't like that style?

We cannot let the players run the club.

It is harsh to say the players raising the game is a sign of them having got Jose fired deliberately. Even players like Ivanvoic who Jose always sticked to played better than before. It is just something lifted from them that made them play more freely. Also the opponent was whack. I am sure we would have won this game under Jose, too.