The Mourinho Thread

This, if that is the case what is the job of the director of football lol. So say our budget is £50m and Jose wants to spend £40m on Ibra for example, the club would never allowed it because he doesn't fit the policy, of course Jose would get the final says in transfer but never his own way completely.

Exactly. After I read his posting, immediately I knew I do not need to respond anymore.

Several people are employed by any club to decide whom to buy, how much to spend...it´s never just one Jose.

You are Very Optimistic. :halo:

He's not the only one. Somewhere else (guess it was match's thread) I read that we'll finally move out of top4 on Monday when we lose to Arsenal.

What the actual fuck is wrong with these people?

Yes, we may lose to Arsenal and we may drop out of the top 4 and we may collect four consecutive losses. I may win the lottery, Chelsea may sign 6 players in the window transfer approaching, NASA may start selling houses in Jupiter. What else may happen that we may post here?

It's not even about being optimistic or pessimist. It's about being damn annoying. If you don't have something good or relevant to say, shutting up may look like a great alternative. Sometimes you wonder if this is a Chelsea forum or if this is a ManU, ManCity, Arsenal, Liverpool forum. I may find less dramatic posts about our form in those places.

I reckon Jose can't wait for this season to end just so he can change this team. You can tell he hates having these type of players.

He had a full transfer window to, at least, improve a few things. But what did he do? Oh yeah, bought two AMs (who arent even true wingers) and loaned our only good striker!

He's not the only one. Somewhere else (guess it was match's thread) I read that we'll finally move out of top4 on Monday when we lose to Arsenal.

What the actual fuck is wrong with these people?

Yes, we may lose to Arsenal and we may drop out of the top 4 and we may collect four consecutive losses. I may win the lottery, Chelsea may sign 6 players in the window transfer approaching, NASA may start selling houses in Jupiter. What else may happen that we may post here?

It's not even about being optimistic or pessimist. It's about being damn annoying. If you don't have something good or relevant to say, shutting up may look like a great alternative. Sometimes you wonder if this is a Chelsea forum or if this is a ManU, ManCity, Arsenal, Liverpool forum. I may find less dramatic posts about our form in those places.

You should have been on Arsenal forum when they lost to Villa 3-1 lol, there were like 10 threads about sacking Wenger. MU forum 2 weeks ago, melt down at its best. RAWK last season, that was comedy gold, now Spurs forum as well.

Point is whenever the club is in bad shape/form, obviously there will be concerns shared around forum because the fans care, if we were winning consistently nobody would even have anything negative to say but we are not. The point of the forum is discussion though, not to praise players/coach. Because since they are not reading this, it will go unnoticed.

Benitez was appointed on the 21st of November 2012.

At the time (19/11/12) we were third in the league and only 4 points behind United who were first.

On 26/12/12 we were still third in the league, but a full 11 points behind United.

By the end of April (2013) that gap had extended to a full 20 points.

The only good thing Benitez achieved at our club was the Europa League.

We underperformed in every other competition under his guidance.

Stop glorifying a manager that barely scraped a top 4 position in the league from a very strong starting position, and vilifying one who lead us to a first place CL group qualification and has us within two points of the Premier League leaders. And that's without even mentioning Mourinho's past achievements and track record. Winning the Europa League spared our blushes from even being in the competition to begin with, it wasn't a triumphant moment. And let's not forget the embarrassing Club World Cup defeat.

Absolutely.

He never made good managerial changes and all his experiments with Luiz in midfield and Oscar on the wings weren't tat fruitful either. I still remember all those like-for-like changes at the final minutes which made no differences what so ever on the team tactics.

He wasn't able to fix the side when our tactics broke down.

On the other hand, Mour goes from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 to 5-3-2 and make it work like a charm, atleast most times.

Yes Jose is famed for signing defenders who are not great defenders and Defensive midfielders who dont read and break up play,sure he wanted 10 no 10s ,did he want Schevchenko? and their is our problem at the moment, in two transfer windows time as long as Jose is choosing the players we are going to be fine with a balanced squad that defend properly and allow our flair players to flourish .

He could easily have won 1-0 at Stoke and Sunderland and other matches but he is working to a long term plan on the way we play ,which is too keep posession and attack but no team can win anything if they do not know how to defend properly and as we stand especially without John Terry we can't defend . Some of our football is brilliant though,add a non scoring centre forward to our defensive weakness and Jose has worked miracles to keep us where we are,he will get this right.

The home crowd will tear the place down if the board make another knee jerk decision and set the club back another two years just as Jose is seeing through the players who are surplus to requirement at Chelsea for different reasons. I think we are at the point where if there is any sign of the board not backing Jose it will be time to sack the board and I think they know that,thankfully.

Yes Jose is famed for signing defenders who are not great defenders and Defensive midfielders who dont read and break up play,sure he wanted 10 no 10s ,did he want Schevchenko? and their is our problem at the moment, in two transfer windows time as long as Jose is choosing the players we are going to be fine with a balanced squad that defend properly and allow our flair players to flourish .

He could easily have won 1-0 at Stoke and Sunderland and other matches but he is working to a long term plan on the way we play ,which is too keep posession and attack but no team can win anything if they do not know how to defend properly and as we stand especially without John Terry we can't defend . Some of our football is brilliant though,add a non scoring centre forward to our defensive weakness and Jose has worked miracles to keep us where we are,he will get this right.

The home crowd will tear the place down if the board make another knee jerk decision and set the club back another two years just as Jose is seeing through the players who are surplus to requirement at Chelsea for different reasons. I think we are at the point where if there is any sign of the board not backing Jose it will be time to sack the board and I think they know that,thankfully.

He confirmed we will now starting to play more defensive football so long term plans are soon going out of the window

Benitez was appointed on the 21st of November 2012.

At the time (19/11/12) we were third in the league and only 4 points behind United who were first.

On 26/12/12 we were still third in the league, but a full 11 points behind United.

By the end of April (2013) that gap had extended to a full 20 points.

The only good thing Benitez achieved at our club was the Europa League.

We underperformed in every other competition under his guidance.

Stop glorifying a manager that barely scraped a top 4 position in the league from a very strong starting position, and vilifying one who lead us to a first place CL group qualification and has us within two points of the Premier League leaders. And that's without even mentioning Mourinho's past achievements and track record. Winning the Europa League spared our blushes from even being in the competition to begin with, it wasn't a triumphant moment. And let's not forget the embarrassing Club World Cup defeat.

but we used to play beautiful football, they say. And he's made Mata our main player. So those two things alone are enough to make his team look better than Mourinho, when the truth is Mourinho's system is much superior to Rafa's. The thing is while Rafa had a few players (at least half his team) playing their best level, Mourinho currently relies in Hazard killing one match out of 5... and that's it. We don't have ONE single player at the top of his game right now bar John Terry (but then seeing how much we've conceded lately, even when he was playing, I guess that's not that reassuring).

Hazard is back to being okay after a spell of a few very good matches (I'm not blaming him, just stating what happened), our strikers suck, our defense is as leaky as it gets, we don't have a pivot (in that cause it isn't because of bad form, but simply because except Ramires, all our other options are at most squad members) and our AMs all fluctuate in form... that's Mourinho's main problem imo, but his system is far superior to Benitez's imo - hence his better results despite having a team that plays badly (or at least not good enough) consistently.

Just looking at the upcoming fixtures for us, it is a long hard run, Arsenal on Monday, then Swansea on Thursday, then Liverpool on Sunday then another game on the first and it goes on... :(

Urgh Swansea...we were utter shite last season.Probably beat Arsenal and Liverpool and mess up the 'easier' fixtures...joy

A lot needs changing.We dont seem capable of scoring or defending at the moment.January window prices will be mental but something has to be done as we arent looking to get any better at the moment

Regardless of personal preferences... there have been, and there are, many successful systems in football.

Jose's system hasn't been that successful for a very long time. Yes, he did well at Inter, but no such luck at Real, especially against Barcelona. He was hired to beat Barcelona and he was unable to.

My personal view is that both Barcelona, aside from the defensive problem they currently have (no CB whatsoever), and Bayern employ the best systems, with a slight edge for Bayern because they are a bit more aggressive and direct. These teams have very technical players in every position - no simple no nonsense player there. They all know what to do with the football once they retake it and to me that's their edge against the other sides.

People talking about defending, but defending is the responsibility of the entire team. So is attacking and keeping possession. How to keep possession if some of your players are not good passers? Don't matter where they play, they will eventually get involved and not able to pass.

We've been poorer than the standings show. We should've lost against WBA at home. But the most striking thing is that we've only beaten a single side from the top half of the standings: Southampton. We lost to newcastle and everton. Our wins, as I've pointed out then, have been mostly against the worse sides in the Premiere. Fulham and West Ham are shit right now and will prob be in or very close to the relegation zone at the end.

I don't share this adoration with managers some here do. Yes, Jose was successful at Chelsea, but that wasn't all due to him. He had an amazing and extremely expensive squad at his disposal. He's certainly a good manager, but he doesn't get to kick the football. Without the right players, and top players, there is only so much a manager can do. I've always thought a team should focus on the players and should have their own long-term planning, independently from any manager...because they do come and go.

Regardless of personal preferences... there have been, and there are, many successful systems in football.

Jose's system hasn't been that successful for a very long time. Yes, he did well at Inter, but no such luck at Real, especially against Barcelona. He was hired to beat Barcelona and he was unable to.

What are you on about? Take away the first season and Mourinho had a winning record against Barcelona.

His only real fault as a manager is the football his teams play are usually an eyesore. Apart from Spurs we easily play the worst brand of football in the Top Half and it doesn't look close to changing any time soon.

My personal view is that both Barcelona, aside from the defensive problem they currently have (no CB whatsoever), and Bayern employ the best systems, with a slight edge for Bayern because they are a bit more aggressive and direct. These teams have very technical players in every position - no simple no nonsense player there. They all know what to do with the football once they retake it and to me that's their edge against the other sides.

People talking about defending, but defending is the responsibility of the entire team. So is attacking and keeping possession. How to keep possession if some of your players are not good passers? Don't matter where they play, they will eventually get involved and not able to pass.

We've been poorer than the standings show. We should've lost against WBA at home. But the most striking thing is that we've only beaten a single side from the top half of the standings: Southampton. We lost to newcastle and everton. Our wins, as I've pointed out then, have been mostly against the worse sides in the Premiere. Fulham and West Ham are shit right now and will prob be in or very close to the relegation zone at the end.

I don't share this adoration with managers some here do. Yes, Jose was successful at Chelsea, but that wasn't all due to him. He had an amazing and extremely expensive squad at his disposal. He's certainly a good manager, but he doesn't get to kick the football. Without the right players, and top players, there is only so much a manager can do. I've always thought a team should focus on the players and should have their own long-term planning, independently from any manager...because they do come and go.

are you kidding? I'm not sure if you can be serious when he owned their asses in the last two seasons (had one defeat if I'm not wrong - if we don't consider the match after La Liga was lost by far last season) and we've beat the record of points and goals in the history of Spanish football (dominating Barcelona at Camp Nou and Bernabeu, winning Copa del Rey over them). He had 3 SFs in UCL consecutively after the team had a spell of 8 seasons losing in round of 16. We are the team that broke Barcelona's confidence if anything (although some of their players losing form and getting a bit old also influenced). So can you tell me exactly how his system didn't work there? He had a bad season in 2012/13 because he had a lot of opposition from a group of Spanish players in the group. If the players are against their manager, there's no way a team can win, and still they made it to UCL SF.

I'm going to do myself a big favor and stop coming to this thread (if not the whole forum) because I'm tired of reading all kind of shit written here. I didn't read the rest of your post and I have absolutely nothing against you and I even like a lot of your opinions, but that bold part right there is a completely ridiculous statement in my opinion.

are you kidding? I'm not sure if you can be serious when he owned their asses in the last two seasons (had one defeat if I'm not wrong - if we don't consider the match after La Liga was lost by far last season) and we've beat the record of points and goals in the history of Spanish football (dominating Barcelona at Camp Nou and Bernabeu, winning Copa del Rey over them). He had 3 SFs in UCL consecutively after the team had a spell of 8 seasons losing in round of 16. We are the team that broke Barcelona's confidence if anything (although some of their players losing form and getting a bit old also influenced). So can you tell me exactly how his system didn't work there? He had a bad season in 2012/13 because he had a lot of opposition from a group of Spanish players in the group. If the players are against their manager, there's no way a team can win, and still they made it to UCL SF.

I'm going to do myself a big favor and stop coming to this thread (if not the whole forum) because I'm tired of reading all kind of shit written here. I didn't read the rest of your post and I have absolutely nothing against you and I even like a lot of your opinions, but that bold part right there is a completely ridiculous statement in my opinion.

Whoa! That's what we do here... we disagree... otherwise this forum would be a lot less fun.

That was the least important point I made in my post, at least the one least cared about. I made a mistake though; Jose was hired to win the champions league and he failed at that. Real Madrid spend way too much money to be content with La Liga wins, even by beating Barcelona.

BTW, I am not talking about clubs, but systems. Barcelona's system is superior even with less expensive players on their roster.

It's a big tangent and I feel I am not qualified (less than BPL teams I mean) to talk about Real as I don't care that much about them - even though I prefer them to Barca.

Whoa! That's what we do here... we disagree... otherwise this forum would be a lot less fun.

That was the least important point I made in my post, at least the one least cared about. I made a mistake though; Jose was hired to win the champions league and he failed at that. Real Madrid spend way too much money to be content with La Liga wins, even by beating Barcelona.

BTW, I am not talking about clubs, but systems. Barcelona's system is superior even with less expensive players on their roster.

It's a big tangent and I feel I am not qualified (less than BPL teams I mean) to talk about Real as I don't care that much about them - even though I prefer them to Barca.

If u talking tiki taka play Barca got it but everybody learn their kind of play style witch Madrid have and other teams. And who says Barca have less expensive player who there is cheap? Like I said earlier on all cars with it own designed engine if get the right engine to work with the other part of the car system u a produce the u have a sound car running.....

Jose has took a different approach from it defensive system of play and is going on the attacking system which is not is usual playing style it not going to work just like that there will be modifications to what's on ground by that time the modification is complete come back let hear u then.

Let hope he have the opportunity to go into the market and get the right tools to patch up our system, then I can start bad mouthing him if the is no improvement