The Mourinho Thread

Our attack is even worse than what i was expecting before the season with him as our coach.

Against West Ham, we didn't play that good. Before the Oscar penalty, we were as usual creating nearly nothing when we had the ball.

And Why didn't we bought central midfielders in the summer is still an enigma to me. As this Chelsea team have the worst midfielders that Jose Mourinho has had since he began as a coach (if you don't count his first job before Porto).

I remembered when me and you had a discussion earlier. Boy, were you right. I'm confused about our formula and if me that normally has a great understanding of things is going through this, then i can just imagine what is going through the players head.

We had a formula, and style of play in october. I was pleased and thought things can only get better from there. But he has now thrown away schurrle after he had a great october in our best run of the season, and changed our formation. So what happens to our training in the other formation from the beginning of the season, is there no continuity? im just confused, our players must feel worse.

until we establish a starting 11, this beautiful football is a dream. I told bluemaster earlier in this thread and i stand by it. That was what made benitez start finding a winning formula, he stuck to some players and kept on playing them till they got team chemistry

Are you not asking too much of Jose ?

My biggest gripe with him is: Around 25 good players are on the team, but he plays 13-14 of them. Has no starting lineup, as you posted, disfavored Mata, Schurrle now, Luiz is not good enough, Bertrand picks his nose...on & on. If he was like Rafa, what do you think we would have seen here, posted about him ? I know, all swear words in English language would be here.

until we establish a starting 11, this beautiful football is a dream. I told bluemaster earlier in this thread and i stand by it. That was what made benitez start finding a winning formula, he stuck to some players and kept on playing them till they got team chemistry

But they had also patterns in our attacks, our back four were playing higher when we were playing against teams sitting deep and were moving the ball quicker to either side or to the midfielders as they were closer to them, David Luiz could also carry the ball forward and break a line of pressing.

Against Basel, last year Mata didn't play that much, it was Oscar Hazard Moses behind Fernando and we were creating much more chances.

This year we play much slower from the back and our players seems to lack pace compared to our best period last year.

I remembered when me and you had a discussion earlier. Boy, were you right. I'm confused about our formula and if me that normally has a great understanding of things is going through this, then i can just imagine what is going through the players head.

We had a formula, and style of play in october. I was pleased and thought things can only get better from there. But he has now thrown away schurrle after he had a great october in our best run of the season, and changed our formation. So what happens to our training in the other formation from the beginning of the season, is there no continuity? im just confused, our players must feel worse.

For Schurlle, I don't understand as for me he's more a Mourinho player that our other attacking midfielders.

Are you not asking too much of Jose ?

My biggest gripe with him is: Around 25 good players are on the team, but he plays 13-14 of them. Has no starting lineup, as you posted, disfavored Mata, Schurrle now, Luiz is not good enough, Bertrand picks his nose...on & on. If he was like Rafa, what do you think we would have seen here, posted about him ? I know, all swear words in English language would be here.

At madrid, he had far more players but he stuck to ozil, ronaldo, benzema and dimaria and xabi alonso. These 5 players played everytime and got high chemistry and understanding. So far he has just been switching and turning and its beginning to get on my nerves. If the team doesnt get team chemistry, we are doomed to fail.

I can name arsenal, mancity and bayern munich lineups before i see the match

But with us??? This is a bigger problem than we think, AVB was the last manager that was changing and chopping players and you can see how much of a massive fail he was. We have to find our own starting lineup or we are a disaster waiting to happen

At madrid, he had far more players but he stuck to ozil, ronaldo, benzema and dimaria and xabi alonso. These 5 players played everytime and got high chemistry and understanding. So far he has just been switching and turning and its beginning to get on my nerves. If the team doesnt get team chemistry, we are doomed to fail.

Well, predominately I agree with you. However, I still feel Jose is going to wake up soon & rotate the team, gives Mata, Luiz more playing time, I hope. The above poster mentioned, the team has no fluidity in the attack from the back four. Then I ask who is capable to bring the ball forward ? Cahill, JT are not. Azpi partially & Ivan runs with it & hoofs it into nowhere land. Luiz makes mistakes, but still knows how to start an attack, I feel.

For Schurlle, I don't understand as for me he's more a Mourinho player that our other attacking midfielders.

His problem is he doesnt take chances. But when he plays, we seem to create a host of chances he has to play more. We had our best run of form in october where he played a lot of matches. Now, he has been benched all of a sudden

Well, predominately I agree with you. However, I still feel Jose is going to wake up soon & rotate the team, gives Mata, Luiz more playing time, I hope. The above poster mentioned, the team has no fluidity in the attack from the back four. Then I ask who is capable to bring the ball forward ? Cahill, JT are not. Azpi partially & Ivan runs with it & hoofs it into nowhere land. Luiz makes mistakes, but still knows how to start an attack, I feel.

Cahill makes even more mistakes in every aspect of the game, and yet he always comes out unscathed. I'd sooner play Ivanovic as CB over him. Aspi at right back and Ryan at LB while Cole is unfit.

His problem is he doesnt take chances. But when he plays, we seem to create a host of chances he has to play more

Schurrle & William ought to be on the pitch much more, I feel. Yesterday, William tried hard, fought for the ball, badgered the opposition... while Jose was taking notes.

Cahill makes even more mistakes in every aspect of the game, and yet he always comes out unscathed. I'd sooner play Ivanovic as CB over him. Aspi at right back and Ryan at LB while Cole is unfit.

You may have something there, but Ivan should be rested, I feel.

Seems a long time ago that embrace when Schurrle took apart Bucharest away, the lad for me is a super player and I am not sure why he isn't being played.

Mata not playing- agreed, not suiting our style and also with Oscar's form.

But not playing Shurrle is beyond me. <_<

Today, just one thing still puzzles me in Jose´s statements.

The players did not performed well, last night, he says. Well said Jose, but why ?

How about, I JOSE the bombastic manager trusted the players to perform as well as against WH & played them, but I should have rested several of them. Sorry boys, I screwed up. The team qualified because the other two teams are not much to write home about & we are going to win at home our next game & let´s move forward. Thank you for your understanding. Oh boy, am I good or what ?

Mata does not suit Chelsea´s style & what style is that ?

Counter-attack. I'm not saying I'm happy with that being the style by the way, but it's obvious what the plan is: defend deep and break quickly. Now Mata is a quality player but he doesn't really have the legs for that sort of game.

Counter-attack. I'm not saying I'm happy with that being the style by the way, but it's obvious what the plan is: defend deep and break quickly. Now Mata is a quality player but he doesn't really have the legs for that sort of game.

Well, Mata does not have the legs, you posted & who does, then ?

Frank, Oscar, Mikel, Rami do ?

Well, Mata does not have the legs, you posted & who does, then ?

Frank, Oscar, Mikel, Rami do ?

That's the thing, I agree with your sentiment. We don't have many players suited to any style of football which is why we almost always play crap, disjointed football. There has been very little thought, if any, that has gone into how our squad has been built. It's just a random assortment of players thrown together with no idea how each player affects the other(s) and the overall style of play. I've just learnt to accept that's how things are and try not to complain much any more to be honest.