The Mourinho Thread

1 hour ago, Roquila said:

Lukaku - He left because we signed Samuel fucking Eto'o instead of trying to develop a striker which we all knew had world class potential. Torres - Ba - Eto'o, this strikeforce was better than Lukaku in Joses opinion.

De Bruyne - Nothing to say here

Schurrle - If I remember correctly, Schurrle was pretty good off the bench and I still think he would be a good back-up

Bertrand - Again, good LB/LWB back-up

Felipe Luis - Don't get me started 

Juan Mata - Another good option to have off the bench to unlock games.

Let's not talk about Salah/Cuadrado who were so badly coached and treated that any thought given to that situation would just anger me.

Lukaku said himself that he wasn't ready for a top team at that time and he asked to leave.

De Bruyne deserved more chances, yes.

Schurrle has never been the same after that mystery illness post World Cup.

Bertrand would be good back-up, yes, but the thing is he wanted to be a starter, not a back-up.

Shame it didn't work out with Filipe Luis, but even Filipe himself stated that he wasn't able to adapt to Premier League.

Mata had enough game time under Mourinho, but sulked after he was substituted and decided to leave.

1 hour ago, pHaRaOn said:

Lukaku said himself that he wasn't ready for a top team at that time and he asked to leave.

Bertrand would be good back-up, yes, but the thing is he wanted to be a starter, not a back-up.

Shame it didn't work out with Filipe Luis, but even Filipe himself stated that he wasn't able to adapt to Premier League.

Mata had enough game time under Mourinho, but sulked after he was substituted and decided to leave.

Think it's easy to look at those players and say it's their fault or choice that they left but main issue IMO was Mourinho had his preferences and ostracized certain players. It's been beaten to death by now but a preferred Mourinho player can play badly and still finds himself in the starting XI while the one not preferred can play well but will still find himself out of the XI. It would be hard not to think of leaving if you're in the latter situation.

13 hours ago, pHaRaOn said:

he wasnt ready no, but torres and ba were not ready. Mourinho would rather play those 2 (then say all season that we have no strikers) , than develop a player who was already more competent than the experienced options, he has 0 vision

On July 8, 2017 at 5:10 PM, RoyalBlues said:

He is the special 'weird' one. Sell Mata here, play him there. Sell Lukaku here, buy Lukaku there. If there is no hidden agenda, I don't know what else it is. Hopefully it will all backfired someday.

Has he even played that much more at United under Mou than here? He seems to be in and out of the side similarly from what i gather, only difference is the media aren't kicking off about it.

16 hours ago, lucio said:

he wasnt ready no, but torres and ba were not ready. Mourinho would rather play those 2 (then say all season that we have no strikers) , than develop a player who was already more competent than the experienced options, he has 0 vision

Two wrong's don't make a right, furthermore i think as the season went on Lukaku would have been Eto's understudy (who's contribution's that season were disgustingly under appreciated, it still annoy's me people thought Torres was better) as it was pretty evident early on Jose didn't like Torres or Ba.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe he'll stop sniping at us all season long now and focus his shit talking on Man City instead.

You know, however, that he can't wait for us to struggle a bit so he can say "I told you they'd find it more difficult with more matches!"

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Maybe he'll stop sniping at us all season long now and focus his shit talking on Man City instead.

You know, however, that he can't wait for us to struggle a bit so he can say "I told you they'd find it more difficult with more matches!"

He hasn't stopped. Said only the other day that we and Liverpool won't have it easy next season with more fixtures to play, which Klopp duly fired back.

15 hours ago, Jason said:

It gets funnier. :lol:

I would say they are more than outsiders, i think they don't have much of a chance at-all.

18 hours ago, Pizy said:

It's part of the narrative to cover up what has been a failure of a first season, despite the two trophies. He has been banging on about how 'easy' it is without Europe and hard with it to make it sound impossible to do better with Europa commitments (even tho Rafa ironically done exactly that) to make it look like he was doing a good job merely challenging for top 4 then he spun the narrative that he gave up on top 4 to cover the fact they just weren't good enough.

And then there's the supposed dominant games at Old Trafford where they allegedly battered team but only drew, to be fair it did happen twice vs Stoke and Burnley but since then Jose and United fans claim they battered any team they created more chances but dropped points again. 19 times out of 20 the bigger team creates more chances than the lesser side.