The Mourinho Thread

Someone like Wenger can try bringing through 20 players - but only 3 or so will end up playing at a top club.

Mourinho however selects which players can play for top clubs, and brings them through. Much more efficient.

Mourinho buys the players, which isnt our situation. It doesnt matter if he buys them with 18yo, this would still mean our current youngsters will have no chance!

If he decided to buy Isco, for instance. What happens to Oscar and KDB?? They obviously fail, but his fan boys will say he transformed Isco into a hell of a player and of course he uses young players!

The same can happen if he brings Khedira or Capoue or any other young DM but burn Chabolah and Ake chances with the team...

I think Leif does have a point, and I actually thought differently to him when the prospect of Mourinho returning first cropped up. First things first, we all know that our club is looking to use the academy better and that will have been brought up in the discussions with Mourinho. Furthermore we've looked to sign younger players and despite us apparently negotiating with Jose, we're still completing transfers for players like Schurrle so clearly the club isn't going to change their new-found love of youth.

But even in his time here he did try and use players like Sahar, Hutch, Grant and Sinclair. The problem was that our academy was still being rebuilt and the players simply weren't of a high enough calibre. That's not the case anymore and there are players that we've either brought in or developed for a few years that are of a high enough quality to be considered, and I think Mourinho will use them. I think he'll have to because this club seems to be trying to forge a new identity.

Tbf, when you are the manager of real madrid or even chelsea, you don't get many chances to give your youth a chance, because of the number of quality players he has available and that its quite a big risk. Not like the manager of a lower league team, who can take more of a chance on youth because what else they have isn't that much better.

What managers have we had who have utilised our youth talent, in recent years. Not many. I can't think of too many players who have been given big oppertunities, which is why not many of our youth products break through. Its the way our club is set up, more so than individual managers. After all if you can buy a proven player, as a manager why would you take the risk. Ofc we would all love to see our quality youth prospects break through, but it just doesn't happen that much.

Tbf, when you are the manager of real madrid or even chelsea, you don't get many chances to give your youth a chance, because of the number of quality players he has available and that its quite a big risk. Not like the manager of a lower league team, who can take more of a chance on youth because what else they have isn't that much better.

That is not necessarily true. Barcelona would try their own players for 1-2 seasons before giving up and buying a better replacement. Chelsea and Real Madrid evaluate their youth on a shit pre-season and then loan everyone. How many times Bojan and Tello were given playing time before deciding they are not good enough? Now look at the extense list of ex-Real players and see how much were they...

Yes I want José and yes he will succeed, but I dont want to see a list of 10 great players being idols across Europe and not at Chelsea. I am just very skeptical about Mourinho being prepared to give players he didnt choose a decent amount of playing time. People will come with tons of names, but if you look closely, he actually only played them very few times!

That is not necessarily true. Barcelona would try their own players for 1-2 seasons before giving up and buying a better replacement. Chelsea and Real Madrid evaluate their youth on a shit pre-season and then loan everyone. How many times Bojan and Tello were given playing time before deciding they are not good enough? Now look at the extense list of ex-Real players and see how much were they...

Yes I want José and yes he will succeed, but I dont want to see a list of 10 great players being idols across Europe and not at Chelsea. I am just very skeptical about Mourinho being prepared to give players he didnt choose a decent amount of playing time. People will come with tons of names, but if you look closely, he actually only played them very few times!

I don't think that is specific to jose but the clubs. We have in recent years been a buy first club. Thats why very few have broken into the first team.

I don't think that is specific to jose but the clubs. We have in recent years been a buy first club. Thats why very few have broken into the first team.

Might actually be true, but he was a powerful manager in all 4 big clubs he managed and he clearly had a big saying in the transfers those clubs made. It was not like he was beging to use the academy but the owners didnt want to or whatever. (if that makes any sense)

Some (and rightfully so) will tell how he was honestly trying to incorporate our youth into the first team but they werent good enough. However, Mourinho's mentality was very different back then. I think he trully thought he would stay here for the long term and when you have that kind of mentality, the academy is one hell of an important tool. Now, things have change. I doubt he will come here thinking he will stay for 5-6+ years. Because of that, I believe he wont bother with preparing the likes of Chabolah, Baker or even KDB, Oscar or Lukaku. I really doubt that. It is easier to buy Khedira and Falcao/Cavani and win trophies at the expense of big time money (which, please, I am totally happy with).

I want to be so wrong about him being more focused into building a short term team, but I am only raising some concerns I think are worth raising. Too much wankfest is not healthy...

Lets wait to see if he really comes and lets get behind him before criticizing!

Might actually be true, but he was a powerful manager in all 4 big clubs he managed and he clearly had a big saying in the transfers those clubs made. It was not like he was beging to use the academy but the owners didnt want to or whatever. (if that makes any sense)

Some (and rightfully so) will tell how he was honestly trying to incorporate our youth into the first team but they werent good enough. However, Mourinho's mentality was very different back then. I think he trully thought he would stay here for the long term and when you have that kind of mentality, the academy is one hell of an important tool. Now, things have change. I doubt he will come here thinking he will stay for 5-6+ years. Because of that, I believe he wont bother with preparing the likes of Chabolah, Baker or even KDB, Oscar or Lukaku. I really doubt that. It is easier to buy Khedira and Falcao/Cavani and win trophies at the expense of big time money (which, please, I am totally happy with).

I want to be so wrong about him being more focused into building a short term team, but I am only raising some concerns I think are worth raising. Too much wankfest is not healthy...

Lets wait to see if he really comes and lets get behind him before criticizing!

I agree with that which could have an impact as he may not be thinking long term, but again i am not sure that is specific to mourinho, as any manager that comes in knows from recent history that a bad run of results and you are out of the door.

Youth gets a chance today under Mourinho because the race is over in La Liga.

He cant seem to understand that. But whatever, what I had to say about that matter is in the last page!

Can The Engineer derail the Special One? Abramovich favouring Pellegrini over Mourinho for Chelsea job

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2312254/Roman-Abramovich-appears-favour-Manuel-Pellegrini-Jose-Mourinho-Chelsea-job.html

Can The Engineer derail the Special One? Abramovich favouring Pellegrini over Mourinho for Chelsea job

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2312254/Roman-Abramovich-appears-favour-Manuel-Pellegrini-Jose-Mourinho-Chelsea-job.html

Of course, the DailyMail knows what Roman has in mind.Seriously, this is ridiculous, Roman is a winner, its José who said that in an interview with Gary Lineker in 2004, he'll choose then a winner, and Pellegrini is certainly not that.

Of course, the DailyMail knows what Roman has in mind.Seriously, this is ridiculous, Roman is a winner, its José who said that in an interview with Gary Lineker in 2004, he'll choose then a winner, and Pellegrini is certainly not that.

Dude, the funny thing is:

-Jose was fired by Roman Abramovich, but in recent months the papers are saying Jose returning to Chelsea is almost a done deal, and Daily Mail is probably the one that wrote the most part of this stuff...but the same people who talked about Jose returning, are now reporting he might not return.

-imo he wont be back.

Dude, the funny thing is:

-Jose was fired by Roman Abramovich, but in recent months the papers are saying Jose returning to Chelsea is almost a done deal, and Daily Mail is probably the one that wrote the most part of this stuff...but the same people who talked about Jose returning, are now reporting he might not return.

-imo he wont be back.

Its not the first time a manager fired is re-signed by the same owner, and its surely not only the DailyMail which are talking about a possible comeback, and then the next day the complete opposite, but overall this season and last months we had via Twitter and the media a lot of rumours about him coming back, much more than any year since his departure, and if we closely look at our situation, its just might happen, there is no manager with a CV capable of taking the Chelsea job, there is only Mourinho.IMO he'll probably comeback.

The main reason I want Mou here is simply because he gets the best out of players. It's not really to do with sentiment or the fact he was successful here before. He can take players we already have to the next level, thus allowing us to spend our money a bit more wisely when it comes to transfers.

My dream is for him to arrive and not bring anyone from Madrid (bare with me). I want him to sign Benat for nothing too costly and partner him in midfield with Romeu who I genuinely believe can be amongst the top 5 DM's in the world under a coach like Mourinho. Create a bit of a Spanish spine. Benat + Romeu in the centre acting like Alonso/Mascherano, with Mata ahead of them and whoever he wants up-top.

No need to buy a new DM this way, we get a cheap but top-class playmaker who already plays like Xabi Alonso who is the vital clog in Mou's current Madrid team, and then the rest of our funds can go towards someone like Lew from Dortmund who I believe Mourinho is a fan of and squad players etc.

That'd be ideal.

Cech;

Azpi, Luiz, Terry, Cole;

Romeu, Benat;

Whoever, Mata, Hazard;

Lewandowski

Fucking. Jizz. In. My. Pants.

That'd be unstoppable under Mourinho.

Then we can either have Lukaku still improving out on loan or providing adequate cover to Lew (I'm sure he'd get enough games!) with Ba (or even Torres possibly still) waiting as 3rd-choice should we need them.