The Mourinho Thread

21 minutes ago, Tomo said:

What i can't fathom is why they appointed him for the long haul when his long term ability was so brutally exposed here?

Desperation. The owners probably know their fan base are glory hunters. Long term is nothing but a fancy word in today's world football imo.

11 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Desperation. The owners probably know their fan base are glory hunters. Long term is nothing but a fancy word in today's world football imo.

But at the same time he was banging on about the proccess and how he was going to adapt to "the United traditions" when he first arrived, and they as a club often talk about how they value longevity with managers hence Moyes worming his way in. I don't have definite proof but as an educated guess im confident there would have been some long/medium term remit agreed when he took the job.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

But at the same time he was banging on about the proccess and how he was going to adapt to "the United traditions" when he first arrived, and they as a club often talk about how they value longevity with managers hence Moyes worming his way in. I don't have definite proof but as an educated guess im confident there would have been some long/medium term remit agreed when he took the job.

They like talking about long term and traditions but they also add to contracts that they would pay less to the manager when he is sacked if the team is not in top 4.

I think United was too desperate at the moment and wanted to believe that Mourinho could be the manager for long term, but deep down they just wanted the manager who could stop Guardiola and give them Premiere league title again.

Overall it was a stupid decision and I was never worried when they got him. Now I am going to enjoy how they melt down in his turd season.

4 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Read some of the posts on this page it seems they're slowly catching on, saying what some of us were saying. http://www.redcafe.net/threads/josé-mourinho-2018-19-performances.440061/page-61

Reading that is eerily similar to what we were saying back then. There are some blinded people still, as were here.. for example some say that if trophy-laden Mourinho can't fix this mess, then that means they are in a worse situation than thought and doubt if anybody can fix it, ignoring the fact that they are in this mess because of him. Been there, done that :D 

38 minutes ago, manpe said:

Reading that is eerily similar to what we were saying back then. There are some blinded people still, as were here.. for example some say that if trophy-laden Mourinho can't fix this mess, then that means they are in a worse situation than thought and doubt if anybody can fix it, ignoring the fact that they are in this mess because of him. Been there, done that :D 

Sadly it sounds like they will cut his season short if it heads into Chelsea 15/16 territory (loss vs Spurs and failing to beat Burnley will signal as much), i was hoping they would give him even more rope to cling onto than we did but sadly it doesn't look like it will be the case.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

He did/said something similar when he came back in 2013. Remember the whole 'The Happy One', planning to settle down at a club talk? It all went down the drain. United were idiots for failing to see the obvious and hiring him.

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

He did/said something similar when he came back in 2013. Remember the whole 'The Happy One', planning to settle down at a club talk? It all went down the drain. United were an idiot for failing to see the obvious and hiring him.

God, we all (most) thought he did his European tour and was back to the place he loved for his happy ending :lol: turned out too good to be true didn't even cover it. Funny thing as i said a couple of pages back i think that was actually his intention, wasn't it the Everton defeat when we lost despite smashing them that he said he was going home happier than he would have had we done a 1-0 smash and grab?

Ironically (in terms of the project we were building) we'd probably have been better off keeping Benitez on rolling contracts until the right man became available, ofcourse that's beyond extreme hindsight talking, but still.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

Sadly it sounds like they will cut his season short if it heads into Chelsea 15/16 territory (loss vs Spurs and failing to beat Burnley will signal as much), i was hoping they would give him even more rope to cling onto than we did but sadly it doesn't look like it will be the case.

Its the manc fans that i want to see imploding

Oh how they laughed and took the piss when Mou had us in trouble. Not just out of us but a big laugh at Maureens expense.

Yet just a short time later they get selective amnesia and they get all excited at the thought of signing him on and think he is the 2nd coming!

I want to see them (the richest club in football) breaking down and the club falling apart. OH HaPPY DAYS!

22 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

:lol: 

Its so funny they always are dealing with one of the very few great players they have (Pogba, and I know millions hate him, but I have always rated him, I know this makes me in a vast minority here) when they have HUGE HUGE HUGE issues with their back 4, who are RUBBISH.

As a fellow Swede, it pains me to say Lindelöf is shit, but shite he is. Bailly is a massive disappointment, and they have fuckall in WC talent at the fullbacks as well. Diogo Dalot may be there someday, but he only turned 19 five months back.

Their AMF's are shit (Mata!! LOLOL) and they have zero true RWers.

The club is a fucking mess, and Mo is also a boil that needs to be lanced.

Yy64-Y6S_400x400.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Its so funny they always are dealing with one of the very few great players they have (Pogba, and I know millions hate him, but I have always rated him, I know this makes me in a vast minority here) when they have HUGE HUGE HUGE issues with their back 4, who are RUBBISH.

As a fellow Swede, it pains me to say Lindelöf is shit, but shite he is. Bailly is a massive disappointment, and they have fuckall in WC talent at the fullbacks as well. Diogo Dalot may be there someday, but he only turned 19 five months back.

Their AMF's are shit (Mata!! LOLOL) and they have zero true RWers.

The club is a fucking mess, and Mo is also a boil that needs to be lanced.

Yy64-Y6S_400x400.jpeg

Yet both Neville and Carragher say they will be in top 4 the nasty men!

20 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Yet both Neville and Carragher say they will be in top 4 the nasty men!

I don't understand how they let it slide this far. From age of 5 or so up until Fergie retired I have known nothing but Man U as the imperial Death Star.

c187c446c7e90b56299f42d4d7a21ffa.jpg