The Mourinho Thread

That may be so, but unlike United I doubt we'll pay him £300k a week and certainly not a transfer fee of £100m or whatever it'll be.

That's the difference. One has sense while the other doesn't IMO.

Jose will tell Pogba the United team will be built around him. That the Premier League will be built around United. That the other major leagues will be built around the Premier League again.

I wonder what it's like as a player, knowing the rivalry between Pep - Jose & all the intense emotions that come with it, whether it's a draw to go to United / City now considering they're dead on cert to have incredible derby's for a couple seasons. These games get the most attention and often mean the most. I think it's a draw. Real Madrid & Barcelona were catching far more headlines with the latter 2 managers at the helms. Now, they're just those big Spanish clubs again, and half the people over here pay attention. The Manchester derby would suddenly been seen as 'as big if not bigger' than the El Clasico despite half the history.

Jose could've been the man to sink the titanic but formula 1 teams would still let him drive their car. That's how i see him.

I think people who are expecting him to fail like he did last season are underestimating him, he might not win the league but his team will dominate. He has all the money he needs to buy the exact players he wants. I feel he'll build a team similar to his intermilan team 

Milito

Eto Sneijder pandev 

Cambiasso thiagomotta 

Zanetti Samuel lucio maicon 

Ibrahimovic 

Martial rooney mkhitaryan

Pogba/Matuidi Schweinsteiger

Shaw Bailey Smalling Darmian

Degea 

Subs- depay, Herrera, schneiderlin, Rashford 

He won't be forced to sell KDB, lukaku, Mata or Schurlle just to get money he needs to buy who he wants that fits his intermilan treble winning team. Even mkhitaryan was given £200k a week just to come. He'll perform. 

But with Conte, I'm sure we'll be right up there, we'll compete and have a philosophy in our team finally. Eventually when Conte adapts fully we'll challenge for the title ferociously. 

13 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

But with Conte, I'm sure we'll be right up there, we'll compete and have a philosophy in our team finally. Eventually when Conte adapts fully we'll challenge for the title ferociously. 

If we pull our thumbs out our own arse (as we seem to have already done, but it's still early days) And we get those CB-LB-CMx2 I've no doubt we'll be challenging this year already. We won't win it, but we'll be at worst, third.
That, and of course, if the players, as Vialli said, will shut up and listen to Antonio.

6 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

If we pull our thumbs out our own arse (as we seem to have already done, but it's still early days) And we get those CB-LB-CMx2 I've no doubt we'll be challenging this year already. We won't win it, but we'll be at worst, third.
That, and of course, if the players, as Vialli said, will shut up and listen to Antonio.

Its more how Roman and the Sibneft crew view things, and how long before they instruct  Uncle Buck and Emanalo to ''dispense with the individual'' .

The problems arise once Conte asserts his authority and heaven forfend any independent autonomy - remember only Carlo and Jose have lasted more than a season, even then treated abysmally.

Maybe till Christmas....

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

I think the whole "he's past his best and is going downhill" narrative being pushed by a few here will come back to bite you.

He may not dominate the league or walk it but I'd still be shocked if he doesn't win a title there within 2 years. Pep and Conte are new to the league and will take time to adapt and learn. Mou is in charge of the richest club and knows the football in England better than anyone else. He's the ultimate pragmatist and knows exactly how to win here.

Even if his ability has deteriorated slightly, with players like Zlatan, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Martial etc he'll still be able to challenge for the title.

I think you should look at your post the past few years and see how you always are so pessimist. 

I remember you banging so much about city the past few years and all this and that. 

Now you changed your tune to United. 

You will be wrong once again because you have not learned the story about Leicester, Atletico, Dortmund, Juventus and such. 

While everyone is banging about Pep and Mourinho I fully expect Conte, Klopp and maybe Pochettino to slide under the headlines. 

8 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I think you should look at your post the past few years and see how you always are so pessimist. 

I remember you banging so much about city the past few years and all this and that. 

Now you changed your tune to United. 

You will be wrong once again because you have not learned the story about Leicester, Atletico, Dortmund, Juventus and such. 

While everyone is banging about Pep and Mourinho I fully expect Conte, Klopp and maybe Pochettino to slide under the headlines. 

Leicester is a once in a lifetime situation. They (nor any other tiny club) will ever do that again in my opinion.  With the insane money in the league and the amounts the big clubs are able to spend will ensure that it won't.

I don't think its pessimistic to predict that United will be very strong and that Mou will succeed. Not saying we or anyone else don't stand a chance or anything.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

It's wishful thinking from posters who dislike him. People that blamed Mouirnho and Mourinho alone for our downfall.

Everyone saying (hoping) that it'll go the same way it always has for him at United and that he'll be gone in 2-3 seasons after imploding are wrong in my opinion. There are loads of differences between his previous two employers and United. At Real Madrid and Chelsea he wasn't "The Man." He had to answer to the owner/president and could be told "no." He isn't the most important person at Chelsea or RM.

At United he'll be treated like the messiah or savior. He's now surrounded by yes men like Woodward and who is just as obsessed with Galactico's as Mou is. He's got limitless funds and just about any player he can name their chairman will get him. He won't have Emenalo or whoever getting him the budget versions anymore.

Mourinho will be on the longest leash he's ever been on and it'll take something outrageous to get him sacked. I think he'll be there for quite a while. If things start to stagnate a bit and he goes a season without wining the title they'll simply throw £200m at the problem and go again.

Sorry mate but most of this post is total bollocks. That Mourinho is seen as the Messiah or the Saviour is laughable by who exactly?. The board were split down the middle with Bobby Charlton definitely against him coming in and Ferguson certainly has his doubts and who can blame them after the fiasco he engineered at the Bridge. Ask any Man United fan and believe me there's loads where I come from and they aren't exactly falling over with excitement at his appointment and if anything are a bit suspicious of him and believe he's come three years to late.

As for him having carte blanche to spend his way out of trouble again not going to happen. If Man United start badly the knives will be out by the fans but especially by the media they love Man United and if they get served up the insipid football we got well his card will be well and truly marked. That special one line is going to haunt him especially when you lose at home to Bournemouth's reserves.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Leicester is a once in a lifetime situation. They (nor any other tiny club) will ever do that again in my opinion.  With the insane money in the league and the amounts the big clubs are able to spend will ensure that it won't.

I don't think its pessimistic to predict that United will be very strong and that Mou will succeed. Not saying we or anyone else don't stand a chance or anything.

And you still have not learned the story about Atletico. 

Just because United has all the money does not means they will blow everyone away. Especially when the smaller team get more money then Atletico in the PL. 

25 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Sorry mate but most of this post is total bollocks. That Mourinho is seen as the Messiah or the Saviour is laughable by who exactly?. The board were split down the middle with Bobby Charlton definitely against him coming in and Ferguson certainly has his doubts and who can blame them after the fiasco he engineered at the Bridge. Ask any Man United fan and believe me there's loads where I come from and they aren't exactly falling over with excitement at his appointment and if anything are a bit suspicious of him and believe he's come three years to late.

As for him having carte blanche to spend his way out of trouble again not going to happen. If Man United start badly the knives will be out by the fans but especially by the media they love Man United and if they get served up the insipid football we got well his card will be well and truly marked. That special one line is going to haunt him especially when you lose at home to Bournemouth's reserves.

This is United tho, a club that pride themselves on giving manager's time, Van Gaal and Moyes got six months more than they deserved because of it.

If it goes capout in the third season like with us mark two he's gone, but if they "only" get top 4 and to the Cup final like with us the first time and Real, he will get a 4th season unless he walks I think.

In that case I will hope that the third season proves to be the start of declines for Jose teams rather than the blip, as Jose has never had a 4th season (month and a half doesn't really count) we don't know which yet.

55 minutes ago, Tomo said:

This is United tho, a club that pride themselves on giving manager's time, Van Gaal and Moyes got six months more than they deserved because of it.

If it goes capout in the third season like with us mark two he's gone, but if they "only" get top 4 and to the Cup final like with us the first time and Real, he will get a 4th season unless he walks I think.

In that case I will hope that the third season proves to be the start of declines for Jose teams rather than the blip, as Jose has never had a 4th season (month and a half doesn't really count) we don't know which yet.

You've sort of argued your own point. Because Moyes and Van Gaal were given to much time I just can't see them giving Mourinho that luxury. If he spends fortunes and their not doing well as I've said the knifes will be out from the fans and the media. On a side note I put the radio on earlier what's the first sports story ?. Wimbeldon, the Euro's, the Tour de France  no Mourinho's press conference. He will be under huge pressure from the get go and I can see it only ending one way.

I've just caught a clip of him on SSN talking....Fuck me he said 'I' more than an optician and circulated the conference around his huge ego and what he is.

He's talking shite about when players are injured and bringing in youth, he discarded it more times than he gave them a chance. It's alright bringing them to the bench but overlooking them and playing a first team player ahead of them out of position was a prominent feature of last season. RLC performed in games where nobody else did, he scored and showed willing, whilst not being perfect he was then overlooked and positioned on the bench the following game.

Fuck off Jose your boring me.

8 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

Haha, says how desperate he is if he decided to go and prepare a 'list' of youth players he supposedly gave a debut to (he includes the likes of Robben, Zouma & Balotelli, which says all you need to know).

United fans would be ridiculing him to no end if it was Benitez.

That level of desperation makes me think he's still a bit mentally unstable - yearning to prove he can do things the 'United way' (which he never will). Can't wait to see what happens when he actually comes under some real pressure. 

This is just the beginning. These interviews are going to get a lot more intense and who knows maybe an attack on Chelsea or its players too.

It was always going to hurt to see Jose at United but I honestly cringed today when I heard him say that he is a the biggest club in the UK

6 hours ago, Leif said:

Real Madrid & Barcelona were catching far more headlines with the latter 2 managers at the helms. Now, they're just those big Spanish clubs again, and half the people over here pay attention. The Manchester derby would suddenly been seen as 'as big if not bigger' than the El Clasico despite half the history.

The Manchester Derby will never be bigger than El Clasico, whether that is from a technical or media point of view. 

And sorry also, but Real and Barça aren't 'just those big Spanish clubs', for pretty much every footy fan they're the two biggest heavyweights in European and World Football.