Baba Rahman

He must be absolutely woeful. Moving Azpi to the right and playing him on the left would actually worsen the worst defence in the PL.

Or he is a great young player , who needs time to Settle. Time not afforded to him , because of a managers incessantly unreasonable squad selection at fullback.

Or he is a great young player , who needs time to Settle. Time not afforded to him , because of a managers incessantly unreasonable squad selection at fullback.

Maybe, and that's what I'd like to believe. But at same time, Mourinho is no fool.

Mourinho is protecting him. Easing the player into the club and a higher standard. He could have very easily thrown him to the sharks and made him start games against the likes of Arsenal. In the off hand that he got torn to shreds by Walcott in one of his first games would not have helped in any way. The last time Mourinho was using a young fullback was Santon. He [santon] fucked up one game and got chewed out by Mourinho and started crying, he couldn't deal with the pressure and criticisms. Maybe Baba can, I don't know but sometimes it is better to err on the side of caution than just rushing things.

Ivanovic is terrible but he isn't a precocious stage of development. He is mentally strong enough to withstand being told he is shit.

Mourinho is protecting him. Easing the player into the club and a higher standard. He could have very easily thrown him to the sharks and made him start games against the likes of Arsenal. In the off hand that he got torn to shreds by Walcott in one of his first games would not have helped in any way. The last time Mourinho was using a young fullback was Santon. He [santon] fucked up one game and got chewed out by Mourinho and started crying, he couldn't deal with the pressure and criticisms. Maybe Baba can, I don't know but sometimes it is better to err on the side of caution than just rushing things.

Ivanovic is terrible but he isn't a precocious stage of development. He is mentally strong enough to withstand being told he is shit.

Ancelotti had no problems throwing Carvajal into the first team after having a similar season to Rahman over at Leverkusen. You're telling me the likes of Bellerin & Shaw can start in the PL no problems but Baba is the mentally fragile & frail defender that needs to be handled with the utmost care? He's a far better player than Ivanovic, play him.

Stop making excuses for Mourinho. He's just a coward that will always play his favourites no matter what.

Ancelotti had no problems throwing Carvajal into the first team after having a similar season to Rahman over at Leverkusen. You're telling me the likes of Bellerin & Shaw can start in the PL no problems but Baba is the mentally fragile & frail defender that needs to be handled with the utmost care? He's a far better player than Ivanovic, play him.

Stop making excuses for Mourinho. He's just a coward that will always play his favourites no matter what.

Azpilicueta was eased in. It seemed to work for him. Santon was eased in. It didn't work for him. Ivanovic was eased in. It worked for him. Bellerin was also eased in last season, only playing 20 games. I never said that he mentally fragile or frail; it seems you have taken what I've posted, misunderstood it and then attack it in a flurry of confusion.

It is 6 bloody games in, have some damn patience.

Mourinho is protecting him. Easing the player into the club and a higher standard.

It's so cute that you genuinely believe that. Baba is a league cup player for Mourinho, until we get kicked out of that competition. Was Luis also being eased in or just getting shunned for our manager's favourites?

Azpilicueta was eased in. It seemed to work for him. Santon was eased in. It didn't work for him. Ivanovic was eased in. It worked for him. Bellerin was also eased in last season, only playing 20 games. I never said that he mentally fragile or frail; it seems you have taken what I've posted, misunderstood it and then attack it in a flurry of confusion.

It is 6 bloody games in, have some damn patience.

Gotta agree - although I think it will be inexcusable for Ivanovic not to get dropped after the shit show that has gone on for the last 6 games - although I expect it to be for Zouma at this point in time.

It's so cute that you genuinely believe that. Baba is a league cup player for Mourinho, until we get kicked out of that competition. Was Luis also being eased in or just getting shunned for our manager's favourites?

If you can't tell the difference in circumstance between all the players listed earlier and Filipe Luis than you've no hope. Hint: Filipe Luis is 30, whilst all the over players at the time were a decade or more younger.

You just saw last season, a player that was eased into the team; Zouma and it is happening right now with Loftus-Cheek. It is in front of your eyes but you blinded by the fact that Filipe Luis left. It is pretty easy to cherry pick, isn't it?

If you can't tell the difference in circumstance between all the players listed earlier and Filipe Luis than you've no hope. Hint: Filipe Luis is 30, whilst all the over players at the time were a decade or more younger.

You just saw last season, a player that was eased into the team; Zouma and it is happening right now with Loftus-Cheek. It is in front of your eyes but you blinded by the fact that Filipe Luis left. It is pretty easy to cherry pick, isn't it?

Do you think Baba deserves and has deserved more chances ahead of Ivanovic right now and earlier in the season? Do you think Luis deserved more chances last season? "Yes" or "no" questions.

Do you think Baba deserves and has deserved more chances ahead of Ivanovic right now and earlier in the season? Do you think Luis deserved more chances last season? "Yes" or "no" questions.

No and no. At the beginning of the season no-one could have predicted Ivan's loss of ability and form, there was no reason for Baba to even be in contention at the beginning. There is more than enough time for Baba this season (fucks sake man, he could still get 30+ Premier League games) and Filipe lost his position to Azpilicueta and could never get it back. He got ample chances to prove his worth.

No and no. At the beginning of the season no-one could have predicted Ivan's loss of ability and form, there was no reason for Baba to even be in contention at the beginning. There is more than enough time for Baba this season (fucks sake man, he could still get 30+ Premier League games) and Filipe lost his position to Azpilicueta and could never get it back. He got ample chances to prove his worth.

You talk about being protected and eased in, how many minutes exactly has he got in the premier league? I think the answer is a big fat zero. And that despite our defence leaking worse than ever before mainly from our right side, and what has been tried to rectify the situation? Dropping a left-sided central defender? I guess that's worked wonders so far. This is beyond age, protection and adaptation. It's about using the squad to its full extent and exploring different possibilities and potentials, which hasn't been done. He is protecting someone, but it's not Baba.

Luis never had the position in the first place. He rarely got chances. Not sure what games you think he had enough. He rarely came in for rotation and only played more than one successive game it seems when Azpi got sent off against Palace. Other than that he was not given a chance to prove himself. Just seemed a pointless buy as we did not utilize him much and he is a very good LB.

You talk about being protected and eased in, how many minutes exactly has he got in the premier league? I think the answer is a big fat zero. And that despite our defence leaking worse than ever before mainly from our right side, and what has been tried to rectify the situation? Dropping a left-sided central defender? I guess that's worked wonders so far. This is beyond age, protection and adaptation. It's about using the squad to its full extent and exploring different possibilities and potentials, which hasn't been done. He is protecting someone, but it's not Baba.

Very rare for ANY manager to replace a misfiring senior with an unknown young player in a time like this when the team is performing poorly. Unless the young player is showing signs in training that he is more than ready - we can give the benefit of the doubt and assume he hasn't been showing signs of being ready: looking for a house... is shy... difficult communicating... etc we don't know but have to assume our coaches are not quacks.

Now if we start talking about the squad and our quiet transfer window, then I'm with most here. The squad makes no sense and is nowhere near the level to compete against the top teams in Europe regardless of form - wrote that before the start of the season. We just have too many average and "projects" at the moment.

1) I get that you want to steadily introduce him to the team but that requires rotation - something Mourinho is scared off. Where are games that he is supposed to play ? Why not against Porto ? Now we have must-win against Dynamo in the Champions League - looks like Baba has to wait until Maccabi to have his chance in the Champions League. So maybe Capital One Cup ? Now we have Stoke AWAY, why would he play there if he can't play in the Premier League ?

He absolutely should play on Saturday if he doesn't we're very short in games that he can actually play.

I get it you don't want to baptize him through fire and throw him at Old Trafford but Southampton at home ?

The second thing is that I don't know why he isn't ready when our opponents actually PLAY inexperienced left-backs in 19 years old Galloway and 20 years Mbabu (who?) and somehow they cope with it - why the better player like Baba can't play ? They can throw youth at us but we can't at them even though we have full-international at our disposal FFS !

2) He cost 25m€. He didn't play against Porto. Because it's too risky ? Because it's away and he could not cope with it ? It's absolutely hilarious that 25m€ player is on our bench and not ready when he would be THE MOST EXPENSIVE PLAYER IN HISTORY for our opponent. You can't make up stuff like this.