Toby Alderweireld

71 members have voted

1. 1. Would Toby Alderweireld be a good player for our squad?

• Yes, he can become a starter here
    • Yes, he would be a decent squad member for our 60+ games
    • No, not at all

According to rumours in the media, we would exchange Filipe Luis for Toby Alderweireld this summer with Atlético. Alderweireld plays on loan this season for Southampton. He is a Belgian international and can perfectly play centre back and right back. He has had a very good season.

At this topic, you can see the Southampton fans are crazy about him. A lot of them think he's their best defender of the past 25 years (page 2):

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?53983-Toby/page2#.VUoNkJP0xg8

He's good, but if we're going for a CB I'd rather we signed Varane. If that is not possible then I would rather get in someone like Otamendi or a proper right back like Clyne. Alderweireld would be like a last resort signing IMO.

Tbh his functionality in the squad is already covered by the likes of Ivanovic and Zouma.

He's good, but if we're going for a CB I'd rather we signed Varane. If that is not possible then I would rather get in someone like Otamendi or a proper right back like Clyne. Alderweireld would be like a last resort signing IMO.

Tbh his functionality in the squad is already covered by the likes of Ivanovic and Zouma.

Ivanovic is leaving according to the rumours. If that is the case, I would welcome him with open arms. To be fair, I think he is too good for Southampton, he has played at a really high level this season. And I don't say that because I'm Belgian, the Southamptonfans say the same if you see the link in my opening post.

I can also say as a Belgian that Kompany and Vertonghen play really bad this season ;).

Cant see Ivanovic leaving, one of Mou's favorits without a doubt.

Alderweireld is maybe an option if Cahill is leaving imo. Than we'll have Alderweireld, Terry and Zouma as CBs, Iva, Azpi and Luis as FBs.

Ivanovic is leaving according to the rumours. If that is the case, I would welcome him with open arms. To be fair, I think he is too good for Southampton, he has played at a really high level this season. And I don't say that because I'm Belgian, the Southamptonfans say the same if you see the link in my opening post.

I can also say as a Belgian that Kompany and Vertonghen play really bad this season ;).

I've seen plenty of Alderweireld, I have followed Ajax for years. I can't see Ivanovic leaving at all, hence why I can't see this signing happening at all, and I wouldn't even entertain it because of that.

• 4 weeks later...

Good defensively, good crosser when he's playing on the RB(better than Ivan in that aspect) but that's not what we need atm, we just don't have the aerial presence to be threatening that way during non-set pieces.

What about the fact he wanted to leave to play regularly? you can't keep everyone happy with squad roles.

can you blame him that he wanted to play regularly when he was watching cole put in a mediocre performance match after match. iva has been shaky and shady in defence at best. azpi GC JT ryan could have been an awesome back 4.

can you blame him that he wanted to play regularly when he was watching cole put in a mediocre performance match after match. iva has been shaky and shady in defence at best. azpi GC JT ryan could have been an awesome back 4.

Iva gets a lot of critiscm but him and Bertrand have the exact same major weakness to there game.

Both let too many crosses into their box (it's how we got our goal at Stamford Bridge vs Saints) yet Ivan gets lambasted for it but no one brings it up about Ryan because it doesn't suit the "completely solid with no flaws" line people throw in his direction.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You