Rapkun

5 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

In the hypothesis that we sign him, where would he actually play?  His best position in this team would be the most advanced of our midfielders, where Barkley was being played in pre-season but I thought that's where Kovacic was meant to be played. Very difficult to see him play at the wings because he doesn't have the pace to take on players on a regular basis.

Right now as a striker

Not sure about this myth he doesn’t have pace to play on the wins, he’s an exceptional dribbler and when subbed on for France that’s where he played. He’s hardly slow, he’s around Mahrez and B.Silva level for pace. Literally other than raw pace he has a whole heap of attributes you’d want from a winger (playmaking ability cutting inside/centrally, good delivery, great dribbler, goal threat from distance or inside the box..)

2 minutes ago, ja1 said:

Not sure about this myth he doesn’t have pace to play on the wins, he’s an exceptional dribbler and when subbed on for France that’s where he played. He’s hardly slow, he’s around Mahrez and B.Silva level for pace. Literally other than raw pace he has a whole heap of attributes you’d want from a winger (playmaking ability cutting inside/centrally, good delivery, great dribbler, goal threat from distance or inside the box..)

I am.usually a fan of pace merchants but in this case i think Fekirs ability to create and FINISH chances outweigh that he is not super fast...paul merson the halfwit recently wrote on sky that our major problem would be lack of pace in attack because Fabregas (not an attacker) Giroud (hardly a starter) and Morata (wtf?) are slow players...

Anyway i think with hudson odoi, willian, Moses, Morata, Hazard and maybe Emerson and to aome extent Barkley, Kante, RLC and Kovacicwe have a really decent amount of pace and someone with attacking output is way more important. 

He is a smart, technically gifted attacking player. He can play anywhere across the 3 attacking spots, and even do a job in the most attacking midfielder(i don't see him there though) He is incredibly tricky, and has a nice left foot on him from distance. He can pick passes and draw fouls. He would be wonderful as a false 9 setup with Hazard/Fekir/Willian(or pedro) or he could play the right sided attacker and interchange with Hazard throughout the game drifting into dangerous spaces. His pace isnt electric but as @ja1 mentioned it is closer to B Silva type, although he is much physically stronger. If we do sign him, it will send a serious message to Liverpool/City that when we get up to speed we will be extremely difficult to handle. 

22 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Isn't he a bit too similar to Hazard? We need someone who's more direct IMO

He actually scores more goals than Hazard, and is willing to take more shots. But we'll see, if Sarri is interested it might be in the false nine role instead of wing...

2 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

He actually scores more goals than Hazard, and is willing to take more shots. But we'll see, if Sarri is interested it might be in the false nine role instead of wing...

Hazard would get similar or even better numbers than Fekir in Ligue 1. The second part of that sentence is true though.

He'd be gamble in his natural role(I think like Lacazette he'd be less effective in the PL, lacks that explosiveness as a forward and his movement isn't quite at the level it should be). A good player at this level, but not a difference maker.

But maybe he could adapt to a attacking midfielder. Because don't be mistaken, he's not a natural midfielder. Does he possess the stamina and more important, the tactical awareness to effectively play midfield. Not impossible but definitely a big gamble.

False nine would suit him best in this system but the question again, would he be effective? Firmino for example plays with a lot power. Player with a lot of drive. That's what makes him an effective centre forward (false #9 if you will) in the PL (and in Europe last season). Fekir does not possess that kind of power at all. I'll give him this though. The guy is a tiny ox. Very strong on his feet and of course gifted in terms of ball control and feet work. Has a great shot on him and he's a pretty good finisher. So I'm not ruling out the possibility of him proving valuable in that role at all.

11 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Really don't see this happening. There's very little, even from the SHITE talkers about this. The occasional link but nothing serious 

I agree mate that's why I'm not building my hopes on it happening 

2 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

18 goals, 8 assists in a weaker league. Hazard at the age of 21 had 20 goals and 16 assists in his final season. 

Fekir had 9 goals and 4 assists the year before. I don't think he's the answer to our goalscoring problems. 

10 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

18 goals, 8 assists in a weaker league. Hazard at the age of 21 had 20 goals and 16 assists in his final season. 

Fekir had 9 goals and 4 assists the year before. I don't think he's the answer to our goalscoring problems. 

He's definitely not the answer to our goalscoring. But I doubt we are making any striker signings again :no: 

We know Aulas well, an extraordinary president when he has to close outgoing operations. He has shown this several times in the past, now he is repeating himself with Nabil Fekir. After stopping, several weeks ago, Fekir's transfer to Liverpool, it was all done, Lyon's number one is playing tremendously upward for his offensive exterior. Chelsea wants to close with another bang, but there is not too much time because the English market closes tomorrow afternoon. Let's go to the core of the speech: Lyon started from a base of 80 million, Chelsea has stood between 55 and 60, would like to add eventually a technical counterpart. Race against time, all in the hands of Aulas, Chelsea will try to the end.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Club would sign Fekir ONLY if they knew Eden is off. And Hazard is better than Fekir big time, so hopefuly this isnt the case.

Bro, Hazard is going nowhere. At least for another year. Especially with all these incomings and Sarri at the helm. Exciting times.

I simply cannot imagine us spunking down mega money for Fekir when we've just made a big deal about Willian staying and being happy. Where would he even play with both Willian and Pedro there? 

Unless Willian goes to United this doesn't seem realistic.

26 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I simply cannot imagine us spunking down mega money for Fekir when we've just made a big deal about Willian staying and being happy. Where would he even play with both Willian and Pedro there? 

Unless Willian goes to United this doesn't seem realistic.

Bats out on loan. Willian for Martial.  Fekir in.  In the next 18 hours.  Go!

In all honesty, I'd be shocked if there were any more incoming players.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You