Ashley Cole

Madmax

• 2 weeks later...

Mata or even Drogba is more skillful, maybe Kalou is the best practice player of all time.

To be fair to him, he is capable of some moments when dribbling when even he has no idea how he just managed to get by an opponent.

Ashley Cole, what a man. 32 years old and still the best left back by miles. I revise my earlier opinion that Lahm is in the same bracket as him. But in current climate, it's no challenge to be the best full back around. FFS Bertand is probably already within the top 10.

It also helps that he was up against one of the worst big game players in the world, and one of the worst 'classical', unselfish-get-to-the-byline-and-cross style wingers. All he had to do was stop him from cutting inside, and even when he let him get through, watch him put it in row Z. Top work in keeping out Lahm, though.

Several FA Cups and a few league titles.

Not worth 1 CL title, though.

I wasn't being serious I was insulting Arsenal. I know he did a lot with the Gooners, but forget that shit, it doesn't matter.

I was publicising my praises for his performance just minutes before one lapse in concentration from him allowed Mueller a free header on the far post. Talk about speaking to soon, eh?

That solitary mistake is easy to eradicate after our terrific turnaround, though. Even if the momentary mishap would have ultimately cost us the game, we couldn't blame Ashley Cole for anything. He was the one acting like a captain in Barcelona, and he was another leading figure tonight. He set the standard for the rest of the team, which is what the more experienced players ought to be doing - showing the 'new kids' how it's done. Bertrand will have learned loads from Cole's performance tonight, especially playing alongside him for an hour or so. His input to our Champions League comeback has been invaluable. Dare I say, if it wasn't for his inspirational performances, we might not have even made the final.

World-class epitomises everything about Ashley Cole (on the pitch).

Call me crazy, but in my honest opinion, over the 7 matches we played in the knock out rounds in the CL this year, he was our most important player. I lost count of the times he made a vital interception or a goal saving tackle/block.

Very happy for him, considering he'd lost 2 previous CL finals.

Like BlueLion said, he saved us against Napoli, 4-1 would have incredibly difficult to over turn, and also put in 2 amazing performances against Barcelona.

And he was the one who put Torres through at Camp Nou :D