Manager confirmed

Mixed about this. I am relieved we’ve appointed a manager but am not sure.

Way I see it.

Pros:

Respected Manager in the dressing room

Will attract the best players

Will encourage attacking football

Won the world cup

Cons:

Can’t speak English

Has never managed a European club

Fairly old

So I’m mixed. But I won’t be negative at all I’m sick of it. I’ll definitely support him and give him time to prove himself!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vibes I'm getting from everyone is that no-ones doing somersaults over this appointment.

All in all he's an unproven manager at club level, but has managed top players at international level, so he should know whats what in the dressing room. He'll have a hell of alot more support than our previous manager.

According to SSN thats the last we'll hear anything from the club reguarding his appointment to let Portugal concentrate on matters in hand. Which in turn should let us get moving in the transfer market as I'm sure PS has made Chelsea aware of the players he's like to bring to Stamford Bridge.

Finally! I was getting worried that no one wanted to be our manager! I know he doesn't have much experience but I feel he'll go great. We're all backing ya Big Phil! :)

OO...imagine all the players we'll attract with him! LOVELY!

No room for him, Lampard and Ballack come first :blue scalf:

If we play the way Portugal play we'll be playing 4-3-3. Now as far as I'm concerned, Sheva is not leaving the club and from what I have saw from him he cannot play as a lone striker, Anelka also likes to play off someone, so something has gotta give. We either sign another striker or play 4-4-2 to suit both Anelka and Sheva.

We'll just have to wait and see who he brings in before we see whos playing where. If Deco arrives which has been mentioned, he'll be the creative player we've apparently lacked in recent years. If he comes he will play and we will almost certainly play 4-3-3 imo.

That leaves 2 positions in midfield between Lamps, Ballack, Essien, Maka and Mikel. Obviously we'll need a holding player which leaves Lamps and Ballack. Tough choice.

Thinking about it I wouldn't like to see the Midfield of Lampard Ballack & Essien messed with.

Thats the thing though, atm we're a big bruising side who make it hard for teams to break down. If we go for that extra attacking flair in midfield we'll be losing some of our bite imo.