Manager confirmed

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its clear Abramovich wants instant success, and instant success means changing manager every few years I guess.

He didnt get anywhere by sitting on his hands when decisions had to be made. He's been doing it from he was no age, I just wish he's take some prozac and calm the fuck down.

Heads up - don't call him Big Phil ! :P

"I might find it hard adapting to the ways of football in England, to the rain, and maybe to the food. But I will do it," Scolari said. "But one thing I cannot adapt easily to is when they call me Big Phil. I don't want to see my name spelled with a 'Ph', I want to see it spelled with an F. It is Felipe, not Phil. I will not allow anyone in England or anywhere else to change my name."

Its clear Abramovich wants instant success, and instant success means changing manager every few years I guess.

But we've been doing that since like forever, so he's just continuing our tradition. I wish it'd stop at some point tho'...

to be honest i think we will be lucky to win something next season. our new manager hasnt managed at club level so it will be interesting to see how he takes to it and also he has a dislike of the press and they have a very healthy dislike of anything Chelsea so i see that as a portenital problem. also i see us changing personell so i think its going to be more of a building season. just hope that if we dont win everything he isnt sidelined but who knows with our owner.

you watch now i have written this we will do the quad :D

Yeah, but it doesn't mean that it can't happen at some point. It is possible, but who knows when we will find taht right man for the job...

Under Jose and hopefully four/five years under Big Fil :rolleyes: Steve Clarke could be the right man, he is Chelsea through and through and knows this club better than anyone. You don't have to have a big name in European football to be a winner.

I did wonder how that came about when his real name is Felipe.

On my old Champ Man he is called by the nickname Felipão, wonder why that is no longer used?

Because Felipao is Big Phil in Portuguese :) But yes I agree with you, Scolari is not a long term appointment, he'll be gone before the turn of the decade, most likely.

Because Felipao is Big Phil in Portuguese :) But yes I agree with you, Scolari is not a long term appointment, he'll be gone before the turn of the decade, most likely.

Ah right, that explains it!