Manager confirmed

No wonder Corals wouldnt take my cash a few days ago :) Footballs worst kept secret...

Well the Gene Hackman lookalikes first task is to persuade Ronaldo Riverdance to fuck off to Madrid.

Title won in April.......

Lol, would be hilarious. Also with us being linked to a couple of Portugal's players, it makes discussions a hell of a lot easier :)

I think Scolari is going to be a very good appointment for us. He is certainly a strong person and knows how to win a football game. It is good that we have made this announcement now and can move on with our transfer targets.

Scolari is a big fan of Ronaldinho and has encouraged him recently to move on for his own sake, could be one to come and Scolari could be the one to turn him around.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, would be hilarious. Also with us being linked to a couple of Portugal's players, it makes discussions a hell of a lot easier :)

I think Scolari is going to be a very good appointment for us. He is certainly a strong person and knows how to win a football game. It is good that we have made this announcement now and can move on with our transfer targets.

Scolari is a big fan of Ronaldinho and has encouraged him recently to move on for his own sake, could be one to come and Scolari could be the one to turn him around.

On the face of it there seems more hope of attracting fellow countrymen , Kaka, Goofy etc but the agents aren't neccesarily Brazilians, so its not that smooth...

He's aright discipilinarian so they say, vigorous training regimes, and a perfectionist. He's definitely got a temper on him, more volatile than Ten Cates by far, and I hope he and JT hit it off. Hopefully he'll knock out Ferguson...

On the face of it there seems more hope of attracting fellow countrymen , Kaka, Goofy etc but the agents aren't neccesarily Brazilians, so its not that smooth...

He's aright discipilinarian so they say, vigorous training regimes, and a perfectionist. He's definitely got a temper on him, more volatile than Ten Cates by far, and I hope he and JT hit it off. Hopefully he'll knock out Ferguson...

He has got a temper on him, but crucially not with his own players. He is seen as a father figure by the players and someone to inspire them, and to take the pressures on himself, in the same way that Jose did.

No signing would be smooth, but with Ronaldinho as an example, if Scolari fancies him and thinks he can bring him back to his best then there is every chance he will come, he looks like leaving Barca anyway. Players like Kaka are a different story - the club want them to stay and i am sure Kaka is happy there.

Formation and transfers are going to be the most interesting things to look forward to with Scolari......how will the new Chelsea look come the start of the season?

Lol, now that would be funny.

He has got a temper on him, but crucially not with his own players. He is seen as a father figure by the players and someone to inspire them, and to take the pressures on himself, in the same way that Jose did.

No signing would be smooth, but with Ronaldinho as an example, if Scolari fancies him and thinks he can bring him back to his best then there is every chance he will come, he looks like leaving Barca anyway. Players like Kaka are a different story - the club want them to stay and i am sure Kaka is happy there.

Formation and transfers are going to be the most interesting things to look forward to with Scolari......how will the new Chelsea look come the start of the season?

I hope he keeps a core of 8 or 9 that are already in place -he wont want to alienate himself from the fans straight off, but it'll be interesting to see if he wants to replace lampard at some point. He'll definitely want to make his mark and assert his way of doing things.

The transfer malarkey is fairly new to him.

Crucially he would have been asked about Clarke a few weeks ago, and it looks like hes to stay.

Lol, now that would be funny.

I hope he keeps a core of 8 or 9 that are already in place -he wont want to alienate himself from the fans straight off, but it'll be interesting to see if he wants to replace lampard at some point. He'll definitely want to make his mark and assert his way of doing things.

The transfer malarkey is fairly new to him.

Crucially he would have been asked about Clarke a few weeks ago, and it looks like hes to stay.

Your right it does look like Clarke is going to be staying.....

I think everyone can see that our squad needs a mini overhaul. We have a exceptional group of players that will stay for sure, the likes of JT, A.Cole, Lampard, Ballack, Cech ect.. but there is plenty of scope still for Scolari to bring in a number of quality players to make his mark and to make us better.

I think he'll do the obvious -BenHaim, Sidwell, Pizarro etc -but also he'll also do some of his own changes.

I'm really optimistic of the league now already, but wouldn't mind Portugal getting knocked out next round -give our defence a rest, and allow Scolari to analyse the Premiership. He might know about Portugal, and the auld enemy Argentina -but how about Blackburn, Wigan, Everton etc ?

Credentials are impressive -won the equivalent of the South American Champions League-twice;

Gene Hackmans Filmography

Kuwait Emir Cup (Al Qadisiya), 1989

Copa do Brasil (Ciricuma), 1991

Copa do Brasil (Gremio), 1994

Copa Libertadores (Gremio) 1995

Campeonato Brasileiro (Gremio), 1996

Recopa Sudamerica (Gremio), 1996

Copa do Brasil (Palmeiras), 1998

Copa Mercosur (Palmeiras), 1998

Copa Libertadores (Palmeira), 1999

Fifa World Cup (Brazil), 2002

i was at work last night watching the swiss game when the announcement was made.& then the texts come flooding in.wayhay i say the man is quality.just hope he won`t change his mind like he did about the england job

Dont think that'll happen Frank -he would have signed already.

One things for sure he's a 1000% improvement on the previous sack of shit.

Roll on the 1st July when the man is officially put in place.

There is no doubt Transfer targets have been discussed and moves are being made as we speak. He will not have much of the squad to work with for most of the pre season which is a big dissapointment, but there should be a week before the first game with the full squad and then the work for him will really start.

It will certainly be interesting to see who will leave now, i am sure it will not have changed too much from what everyone has been thinking for a while.

Roll on the 1st July when the man is officially put in place.

There is no doubt Transfer targets have been discussed and moves are being made as we speak. He will not have much of the squad to work with for most of the pre season which is a big dissapointment, but there should be a week before the first game with the full squad and then the work for him will really start.

It will certainly be interesting to see who will leave now, i am sure it will not have changed too much from what everyone has been thinking for a while.

There will be some transfer movement soon now. The defence is sorted -Lord Percy will stay now - and the club own another young Brazilian CB at PSV as well.

Aren't the fixtures out Monday ?

Well I'm glad its finally coming out, the lack of decision was getting to be annoying. We've put in a top man, I think Layla was right, it's gonna be hard to get too excited about any appointment after Jose, but I feel we've appointed a very capable manager. Be supporting Portugal now for sure.

If Ronaldo does bugger off it'll be 'ooo it was down to Scolari advise blah blah'

I would fucking love it if he engineered that!

Well I'm glad its finally coming out, the lack of decision was getting to be annoying. We've put in a top man, I think Layla was right, it's gonna be hard to get too excited about any appointment after Jose, but I feel we've appointed a very capable manager. Be supporting Portugal now for sure.

I dont want to see stepover tart lifting the cup...but Portugal have a good chance of winning it.

If they dont, Abramovich will sack him on 2nd July.

Well I hope Abramovich and Buck have learned their lesson and dont interfere with Scolaris methods -being 59 bit old for a Scolari dynasty , but I hope we have a bit of continuity now...

I dont want to see stepover tart lifting the cup...but Portugal have a good chance of winning it.

If they dont, Abramovich will sack him on 2nd July.

Well I hope Abramovich and Buck have learned their lesson and dont interfere with Scolaris methods -being 59 bit old for a Scolari dynasty , but I hope we have a bit of continuity now...

Well the one thing you can say about Scolari is that he is not a "yes man" so everyone knows where they stand from the outset. Without any record in European club football it is a bit difficult to know what to expect, but the man can do the job no doubt.

Well the one thing you can say about Scolari is that he is not a "yes man" so everyone knows where they stand from the outset. Without any record in European club football it is a bit difficult to know what to expect, but the man can do the job no doubt.

Thats the danger - if they interfere he'll tell them to fuck off -no two ways about it.

His favourite book is The Art of War.....

The main thing he needs to do first and foremost is to improve our attacking game. We couldn't be more solid in defence, we must have about 30 defenders on our books and half of them are right backs :D But we need to be stronger in attack and have a bit of flair........

That is where i think all our summer signes will come from and it is needed.