Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, we are playing hardball with Wolfsburg over Schurrle and this cat and mouse game with Fiorentina for Cuadrado? :doh:

I know there's the FFP rules but couldn't we just fork out a few million ourselves rather than wanting to use the sale of Schurrle to cover everything of Cuadrado's purchase?

So, we are playing hardball with Wolfsburg over Schurrle and this cat and mouse game with Fiorentina for Cuadrado? :doh:

I know there's the FFP rules but couldn't we just fork out a few million ourselves rather than wanting to use the sale of Schurrle to cover everything of Cuadrado's purchase?

We really don't know exactly where either deal is at, it's all speculation. I mean we could of tied up the deal with Cuadrado already and could be the price/terms holding up the deal with Wolfsburg.

We really don't know exactly where either deal is at, it's all speculation. I mean we could of tied up the deal with Cuadrado already and could be the price/terms holding up the deal with Wolfsburg.

It's all speculation (when has it never been?) but when you have so many media outlets reporting the same thing, then the current situation probably has some truth to it.

It's all speculation (when has it never been?) but when you have so many media outlets reporting the same thing, then the current situation probably has some truth to it.

Best to take it all with a pinch of salt, it's like dipping into a lucky bag. Someone will be right in the long run, I mean there is that many stories about someone is sure to be nigh on right and gain that big ego boost.

Best to just wait and be patient.

Keep hoping to wake up and see SOME sort of movement in the transfer window.

Seems like we're taking the penny pinching Arsenal approach here. Are we really THAT close to FFP infringement that we 100% must sell in order to buy? Do we not have ANY cash to straight up buy players anymore?

Seems like we're taking the penny pinching Arsenal approach here. Are we really THAT close to FFP infringement that we 100% must sell in order to buy? Do we not have ANY cash to straight up buy players anymore?

Say if we fork out 28M on Cuadrado straight up and the deal for Andre falls through there is a problem. I see it like this....We are trying to fit both deals into hand and glove, we secure one as we secure the other. All 'I's' dotted and 'T's' crossed in both deals and all parties are happy.

At the same time, does it really matter whether we get the player in on January 31 instead of 27? A few million over a few days matters more.

Say if we fork out 28M on Cuadrado straight up and the deal for Andre falls through there is a problem. I see it like this....We are trying to fit both deals into hand and glove, we secure one as we secure the other. All 'I's' dotted and 'T's' crossed in both deals and all parties are happy.

Yeah. I guess I've just been spoiled by the work we did in the summer. Want player, get player quickly. Closer it gets to the deadline though, the more I'm starting to get anxious that nothing will happen.

At the same time, does it really matter whether we get the player in on January 31 instead of 27? A few million over a few days matters more.

Well the sooner player(s) are brought in the sooner they're in contention to play. Was hoping we may have signed Cuadrado in time to get 3-4 training sessions in and maybe be on the bench for City.