• Remy
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Cahill (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to watch all the game in the end. On Sky Go!! Haha! Was sat in the corner of the bar with my headphone on watching the match on my phone. Missus wasn't pleased but fuck it :lol:

Great result. Players were obviously knackered 2nd half. Defended well. Zouma HAS to be first choice alongside JT from now to the end of the season. An absolute beast.

I managed to watch all the game in the end. On Sky Go!! Haha! Was sat in the corner of the bar with my headphone on watching the match on my phone. Missus wasn't pleased but fuck it :lol:

Great result. Players were obviously knackered 2nd half. Defended well. Zouma HAS to be first choice alongside JT from now to the end of the season. An absolute beast.

I'm glad to hear you grew some bollocks!

This tie still don't get me excited.

There's no passion or no rivalry like with Arsenal and Liverpool.

I just can't see myself disliking city as much as I do others.

This is why I could care less if they win anything.

I felt the same way before and during the game. I listed a few reasons and I'm still not sure why I was not over-hyped for this game.

1. Both of sides missed key players and it took from the quality of the game?

2. We don't have a proper rivalry with them like we have with Arsenal, Liverpool?

3. The so-called game of the season was not the game of the season after all? If it was around the end of the season would've been different than yesterday?

A different angle of the throw-in decision which lead to their goal. It looks like the ball really crossed the line.

10957718_913551178689887_325108597349227

We won the ball back so fuck the throw. All in all, we played to keep the 5 point gap in the 2nd half and that's what we got. Now the 2 games against them are over, we can really go for it now.

Without Fabrehas and Costa, our team is worse than last season, and that is not a good sign. It simply means that Mourinho has not done much towards actually developing team play.

Take Matic out, and this team will be a disaster, fully exposed.

Zouma definitely deserves to start from here on, until proven guilty!

The throw-in decision is being used as an excuse but in reality they didn't exactly take it quickly, we had time to reorganise and nothing came from it directly. A poor decision from the officials but that goal is all on the players.

Now now, logic doesn't prevail here you know. It's easier to put the blame on others rather than looking what went wrong with ourselves. #CampaignAgainstChelsea

I felt the same way before and during the game. I listed a few reasons and I'm still not sure why I was not over-hyped for this game.

1. Both of sides missed key players and it took from the quality of the game?

2. We don't have a proper rivalry with them like we have with Arsenal, Liverpool?

3. The so-called game of the season was not the game of the season after all? If it was around the end of the season would've been different than yesterday?

A different angle of the throw-in decision which lead to their goal. It looks like the ball really crossed the line.

10957718_913551178689887_325108597349227

It didn't cross the line. Whole ball must go out and this picture clearly shows that whole ball wasn't over the line.

Look at this picture on goal line. It's simillar to picture above and it's not goal even if 90% of ball is over the line.

BiywynoCIAAMfhK.jpg

It didn't cross the line. Whole ball must go out and this picture clearly shows that whole ball wasn't over the line.

Look at this picture on goal line. It's simillar to picture above and it's not goal even if 90% of ball is over the line.

BiywynoCIAAMfhK.jpg

There's no way the linesman could tell it hadn't gone over the line.

Its irrelevant anyway. We got the ball back then lost it which lead to the goal.

akandeel13, on 01 Feb 2015 - 3:54 PM, said:

Without Fabrehas and Costa, our team is worse than last season, and that is not a good sign. It simply means that Mourinho has not done much towards actually developing team play.

Take Matic out, and this team will be a disaster, fully exposed.

Zouma definitely deserves to start from here on, until proven guilty!

Following the summer 2013 window my view was that we needed to further upgrade the squad by adding eight players of competitive Champions' League quality. So appallingly had our squad been allowed to deteriorate that this number might actually have been optimistic. My view was that it would not be possible to make those upgrades in one, or even two, windows. Finding the right players, persuading them to join and convincing their clubs to sell at prices which could be afforded under FFP, puts a limit on how quickly progress can be made.

Costa, Fabregas, Luis, Matic, Zouma and now Cuadrado, if he arrives and proves a good buy, makes six steps in the right direction. That's good work in my book but we now need a starting quality AM, a CM who Jose can confidently use for rotation, a striker with outstanding technical quality to offer both an alternative to Costa as well as a genuine 4-4-2 option. By summer 2016 we also need a top young CB. I don't rule out the possibility that our development players could fill some of these slots but it's not certain.

Far from criticising Jose, I'd say that our jigsaw is taking shape. Taking shape is not complete however which is why I say that it would be ahead of schedule if our squad achieves anything this season.

Think some people might want to actually watch the City goal again. Yes, Hazard kept the ball in but as one can see from the image above, it was an extremely close call and with things playing out so quickly, it's almost impossible for the linesman to see Hazard actually managed to retain the ball in play. These tight decisions can go either way. Blaming the referee is a tad harsh here.

If we really want to blame someone or people, then we need to look at ourselves. After City took the throw-in, we had actually won the ball back (Azpi regained possession from Navas) but then Matic pathetically tried to force a pass when two City players were in front him and because of that, we gave away the ball stupidly. Once that happened, it was a catalogue of errors from one player to another - Matic, Azpi, Courtois, Ramires etc as City just passed around us. The defending for the goal was abysmal.