• Hazard
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Luis (sub)

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was bricking it in the last 10 minutes lol. Given our recent.. track.. of conceding late I did think Liverpool were going to steal a point. Cahill had a mixed day, and I can see what he was trying to do, but you can't take such risks! To be fair he wouldn't have had to do that if we didn't become so relaxed after we scored!!

Nothing made me happier than seeing that Cahill goal labelled just that. After Garcia, it's nothing we weren't owed after 10 years since that night. Hazard & Azpilicueta had brilliant games imo.

P11 W9 D2 L0 :drunk:

No. It is going to spur him on in the future. It is not like he does not know how to find the net. He has scored some fantastic goals for us before. He will regain his goalscoring touch. Keep the faith.

Feels like he is trying to prove to himself more than anything with all the attempts at goal and one man band runs towards the net.

On the ball he is great and it's just down to that final hurdle. His defensive game has improved too since last season where it was being called into question. Penalty miss the other night was down to tiredness IMO too. He looked spent when he was just about to take it.

Then again if we continue to attack, we could get into a counter attack and concede a goal. There is no perfect recipe

Counter attacking at least gives us an opportunity to kill the game. Just kicking the ball back the opposition wherever it is on the pitch, however, doesn't and is clearly not the way to go.

I love when people do this in the same post xD.

Azpi might well not be better than Luis at attacking. I never said he was. I just pointed out that you said "0 attacks down the left with Azpi at LB" and then our goal comes from Azpi attacking down the left. Nice try though.

Do what? Your making a point out of nothing with no point in the end of it, go back to the cave kid.

That felt good. We've had the toughest schedule of all teams in the league and we're top. Can't complain.

exactly. We only have to travel to Arsenal and Spurs... I know they aren't exactly amazing, but those are London derbies and although we have everything to beat them, those are the only tricky away trips we still have. Everton, City, United and Liverpool would be along those two our six most difficult away games in the paper. There are always the season wonders such as Southampton and the odd game against a middle table team that you could lose, but in theory those are the six difficult trips and we've played four of them already and from 12 possible points we've got 8. As much I didn't like how we played against United, as much as I hate how Lampard scored for City and I even have criticism towards our latest shown form, I can't for the life of me complain about our journey so far. 8 points out of 12 against tough/traditional/annoying bigger sides than the rest, is more than enough to win us the league. We don't need to beat records (that already belong to us anyway). We don't need to play the most beautiful football in the world. I don't like some of Mourinho's tactics in games such as the United game, but it's a mistake (if even that) or one bad decision - nothing more.

We're comfortably leading the league, we're unbeaten, what else could I ask in NOVEMBER?

I apologise for being a car and spewing pollution, I honestly didn't know I did it.

We scored twice. They had no clear cut chances. Their 1 (and only) goal was complete luck from a deflection. We could've put the game to bed with more clinical finishing from Hazard (again <_< ). What more do you want? 8-0 wins every week with the other team having no shots at all? 94% possession? Please just... what more do you want?

You can moan all you like, doesn't change the fact that you're wrong. And moaning when we've won is hilariously spoiled. I also moan when we park the bus and lose, I even had a murmur of discontent against United last season (the 0-0). But we did not park the bus today. We had more shots than them. More shots on target than them. So in what parallel universe did we park the bus?

I'm sorry, I couldn't tell the difference, with what you said seeming to be the un wanted waste.

You have completely missed the point. People are complaining about an increasingly worryingly trend to completely resort to nervous defensive football when we have a one goal lead against a somewhat big team. I'll clarify, not that we are playing defensive football, but stupid defensive football. its not smart to give the opposing team all the time and space until about 15-20 yards from our box.

I know from other people's reactions I am not alone in this. City and especially United away came as a result of this. It's not just this one match, mainly because Liverpool were so crap offensively. what about in Europe? I tell you we will not get past PSG, Madrid or Bayern like that. This team seem is more shaky than last year. Don't believe me? check every match day thread where we are one up this season Home or away it doesn't matter.

So in future, when people moan about our team adopting a way of playing which can be our downfall towards the end of the season, criticise it for that rather than the completely blind view of 'yeah but this was how the whole match went'