Atmosphere at Home Games

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, this was a calculated comment from Mourinho given the team's performances since the Maribor game haven't exactly set the world alight. If Chelsea went out and thumped QPR 4-0, I doubt Jose would have said what he said about the atmosphere. I've followed his career too long to know how he operates, almost in a Machiavellian way. He's always plotting something in his press conferences and thrives on that tension. Pity the sword fell on his own fans this time. The fact he said the exact same thing in his previous clubs about the Inter and Madrid fans lends credence to that theory.

I am quite shocked by the backlash. Chelsea need to rethink their ticket price structure, and allow all types of fans to attend games.

Things won't change until this happens!

Won't happen. Ever.

As long as Chelsea are selling out at the current price they will not make them cheaper and lose money when we need to be making it for FFP.

Anyone that thinks Mourinho or Terry can control the ticket prices are ignorant. The board don't care about fans, they care about the finances. Making ends meet whatever way possible, these are business people. People that have been at the top of big corporations and are known for getting business results, not working class football fans that care about the hard life of the fans. It's never happening.

Won't happen. Ever.

As long as Chelsea are selling out at the current price they will not make them cheaper and lose money when we need to be making it for FFP.

Anyone that thinks Mourinho or Terry can control the ticket prices are ignorant. The board don't care about fans, they care about the finances. Making ends meet whatever way possible, these are business people. People that have been at the top of big corporations and are known for getting business results, not working class football fans that care about the hard life of the fans. It's never happening.

There will be a time when fans say, enough is enough. When money stops flowing in, they will be forced to make a change. Also, Mourinho's comments mightn't make much difference, but at least it has brought up an important topic to light which needs to be addressed.

Time will time, I guess.

There will be a time when fans say, enough is enough. When money stops flowing in, they will be forced to make a change. Also, Mourinho's comments mightn't make much difference, but at least it has brought up an important topic to light which needs to be addressed.

Time will time, I guess.

As long as we are a successful club that time will never come. The demand for tickets massively outweighs the amount available.

Well, whatever the effect of Mourinho's remarks has been. At least this issue finally has been adressed and is being discussed not only in English- but in International media. Perhaps this spark was needed. English football needs a reform, otherwise the football will distance itself from the middle and lower class - which are the core of football. And that would be fatal.

Well, whatever the effect of Mourinho's remarks has been. At least this issue finally has been adressed and is being discussed not only in English- but in International media. Perhaps this spark was needed. English football needs a reform, otherwise the football will distance itself from the middle and lower class - which are the core of football. And that would be fatal.

From a business standpoint....would it?

I think people are caught up in an economic view that simply does not exist anymore. In the old days probably, but now the league is making it so with the revenue, and appeal, that the prices could price every working class person out and there would still be people willing to shell out to be there. These are also the same people who won't want their kids hearing every expletive under the sun as Willian or Oscar fucks up a fast break.

Perhaps they shouldn't charge 60 quid a ticket to go see fucking stoke at home.

And then they will get the loud noisy passionate chelsea fans in rather than the richer more corporate types with lots of money who sit there and chat about the game.

I am of course generalising massively, but for the most part that is true.

Won't happen. Ever.

Of course they don't. But in the same regard they then have no right to complain about the fans at the stadium when the board (or whoever) are in general pricing out the nosier fans.

It's obviously not gonna change so it is what it is.

Until you've been at the 2013 Barcelona vs Bayern second leg cl semi final at the Nou Camp, you haven't seen what a shitty atmosphere in a packed stadium is. Although I guess you could understand why they wouldn't be noisy.

I was there and oh my... I was at the opposite end from the away fans and you could even hear the words they were shouting... shocking !

More comments:

So at best he's unwilling to discuss the factors involved and at worst he's just downright ignorant and criticising the supporters for the sake of it.

Well done, Jose. :clap:

The way he was scowling after the first goal was pretty fucking pathetic. I was wondering at the time what his problem was. Just embarrassing really.

Maybe he does have suggestions of how to fix the problem but probably cautious about sharing his opinion for fear of getting shafted by the media (and our own fans now it seems... deep joy) like he did after his original comments.

His original comments which were, by the way, 100% true. I can't believe people are criticising him for correctly bringing up a ingrained problem in the club? Hopefully now it will either invigorate supporters to be louder or trigger reforms in the club. No guarantee of either, but we can hope.

Burying your head in the sand doesn't make problems go away. He's brought a problem to light with not only Chelsea but the PL as a whole.

Heard something the other day on Talksport, it's cheaper to fly to Spain and watch Real Madrid all year long than to buy a season ticket for a top PL side... what a joke.

Doubt that if you include a hotel room that you will need and travel costs?