Atmosphere at Home Games

I am never been to Stamford Bridge at matchday, but actually what is the problem to sing while sitting, if standing is prohibited?

I used to celebrate and punch the air while laying on the bed at home while watching Chelsea playing.

I mean it is not an excuse to not singing, because you are not allowed to standing.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am never been to Stamford Bridge at matchday, but actually what is the problem to sing while sitting, if standing is prohibited?

I used to celebrate and punch the air while laying on the bed at home while watching Chelsea playing.

I mean it is not an excuse to not singing, because you are not allowed to standing.

It's true what he says about ultras, bar some unexpected behaviours from them.

They make the atmosphere.

I 've been on occasions where the entire stadium was cheering non stop though. Against Barcelona was one match.

It's true what he says about ultras, bar some unexpected behaviours from them.

They make the atmosphere.

I 've been on occasions where the entire stadium was cheering non stop though. Against Barcelone was one match.

I understand it must have something to do with adrenaline between standing and sitting, but you still allowed to make a hand gesture sometimes, right?

I don't know if that will still disturb some behind you who taking pictures, but I think that must be not a problem most of the times.

I don't see any much different cheering while sitting and cheering while standing. The atmosphere would still be there imo.

Jose not criticizing our fans to not jumping or dancing, but the noise and support. If you who never sing or cheering all this time, starting to do it next time. If you have sung and cheering all this time, do it louder even more next time.

We used to fire flares, but now it is a little illegal.

In some grounds they have secret crypts for flares but the police don't search.

During the 1968 AEK basket ball european championship campaign, we lit the Panathinaikon stadium & it was perfectly ok to do that then. I had a replica pistol that could fire flares. I still have it but it's gone rusty. The ones we scared most were the Italians of Ignis Vareze. I think it became illegal two years later because there were fuzz around and they told us "don't let us see again any of those replica guns".

beretta187.jpg

This has everything to do with the policy in England against the "Ultras". The same thing happens in Real Madrid and Barcelona, in all the other stadiums in Spain they have great support.

The 2 worst atmospheres in Europe are Barcelona and Madrid. And CHelsea is not far from that.

Just put 500 young fans together singing and another 2000 will do it also.

And there are teams in terms of support better than others, we can't compare Anfield to the Bridge, they are a lot better.

Are they really? In routine league games ill go as far as saying there as bad as Arsenal.

Infact when we went there last season the place was like a morgue and this was one if their biggest games for years, for all this amazing fans are going to blow goals past Schwarzer talk, they were dreadful.

People will quote there CL game vs us in 2005, every ground has its moments in CL knockout rounds, even the Emirates.

Anfield "atmosphere" is the most hyped up myth in football, 95 percent of the time that place is one of the worst for atmosphere, even that blinkered lot are slowly starting to admit it.

Why are away fans allowed to stand and the home fans not?

we ask the same question every game to which the stewards just shrug and walk off. It is probably because they can punish us long term -i.e. suspend a season ticket or membership whereas away fans can just be chucked out once

Before all the turmoil and boardroom unrest Up at Ibrox we had the bf1 section which is basically a dedicated area for young fans to stand and sing for the whole game. This gets the other sections and stands bouncing. I would like to see something like that at the bridge.

we ask the same question every game to which the stewards just shrug and walk off. It is probably because they can punish us long term -i.e. suspend a season ticket or membership whereas away fans can just be chucked out once

Villa fan said to me at their place ''youre only so noisy because youre all stood up''. Its the same with all away fans , most stand up. Though if you go to a League 1 and below, as I am sure youre aware, or even in the Championship a large proportion of the Home fans are always standing.

It all changed after Hillsboro and the Taylor report, but Mourinho has a point, it does need to be addressed

Reducing the price of tickets so that the excluded can return is paramount - and the ludicrous policy of targeting people who stand at games has to be ended and the only way to do it in this day and age is to have the safe standing.

So then the excuse of that Chelsea supporter that because home tickets are expensive is just that excuse.

No offence, but you're not making any sense.

The away supporters are concentrated together and therefore able to generate a brilliant atmosphere. Unless there is a specific stand dedicated to the most vocal supporters at the Bridge it's not going to be the same. We have 41,000 supporters at home - most of who are not going to sing for the majority of the game for a number of reasons - and the vocal supporters are spread out amongst them so their presence is diluted. There are a lot of things the club can do to help improve the atmosphere but they don't; in fact they actively take steps that make the problem worse e.g. banning people for persistent standing.

And ticket prices are absolutely a contributing factor.

More comments:

So at best he's unwilling to discuss the factors involved and at worst he's just downright ignorant and criticising the supporters for the sake of it.

Well done, Jose. :clap:

The way he was scowling after the first goal was pretty fucking pathetic. I was wondering at the time what his problem was. Just embarrassing really.

Well, the last possible reasoning for making the remarks was because he wanted it genuinely discussed and hopefully somehow addressed and improved, but when he refuses to even discuss the causes, that theory just goes out the window.

I cannot understand or support why he would make the comments, now. If he thinks this is a way to get a response in the next match then he is very much mistaken. I can't believe how ignorant he is about the real causes of the issue.

Well, the last possible reasoning for making the remarks was because he wanted it genuinely discussed and hopefully somehow addressed and improved, but when he refuses to even discuss the causes, that theory just goes out the window.

I cannot understand or support why he would make the comments, now. If he thinks this is a way to get a response in the next match then he is very much mistaken. I can't believe how ignorant he is about the real causes of the issue.

That he said Chelsea get the least support of all the teams is just unforgivable really. I doubt he wanted an actual discussion, it really was nothing more than a hissy fit.