Atmosphere at Home Games

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last season season ticket holders had letters sent to their home address advising them that they have been noted as "persistent standers" and if it continues they will have their season tickets revoked and incur a ban.

This is what we're up against, I know many fans that will not go to homes games and just go to away games because they're that bad.

Our home support is embarrassing. One of the worst in the league, unless we are playing in a big game.

What do the club do? Threaten to ban those that try and start an atmosphere and bring in cheerleaders and foam hands.

The clubs out of touch.

Everybody talking about being asked to sit. Where are you getting that from? I have been going to The Bridge for 15 years. Mostly in the MH lower where everybody stands and have not once been asked to sit.

Find that very hard to believe. Although there is a lot of standing, stewards are constantly coming down the aisles getting people to sit down.

People attempt "stand up if you love Chelsea/hate Tottenham", but it only works for about 2 minutes before everyone's sat down again.

Hard to think of any Prem League teams whose atmos is rocking at home games. Stoke come close, but we can narrow it down to specifics;

Lack of safe standing, too expensive tickets, abundance of mongs. By far the biggest factor is the legacy of legislation passed after Hillsboro.

As far as CL games go there is always a general lethargy at Stamford Bridge for the group games, its not until the knockout rounds that it picks up.

Everybody talking about being asked to sit. Where are you getting that from? I have been going to The Bridge for 15 years. Mostly in the MH lower where everybody stands and have not once been asked to sit.

Every single game I've been to (frequent) and always in MHL, Row E - been asked to sit down, luckily the usual stewards there are alright and give you some slack/leeway though however they are just doing what they are told.

Last season season ticket holders had letters sent to their home address advising them that they have been noted as "persistent standers" and if it continues they will have their season tickets revoked and incur a ban.

This is what we're up against, I know many fans that will not go to homes games and just go to away games because they're that bad.

Our home support is embarrassing. One of the worst in the league, unless we are playing in a big game.

What do the club do? Threaten to ban those that try and start an atmosphere and bring in cheerleaders and foam hands.

The clubs out of touch.

Wow, sorry to hear that. If that is the case, then I believe Jose doesn't know about it at all. That's the story that have to reach JT and the board.

Wow, sorry to hear that. If that is the case, then I believe Jose doesn't know about it at all. That's the story that have to reach JT and the board.

They don't have a clue mate and to be honest I don't think they care. Jose's just finding something to blame the poor performance of the team on.

He hasn't thought to mention it before. It's not like it's a new thing, the atmospheres been shocking the past 10-15 years.

We're letting clubs attack us at home after going 1-0 up and he expects the crowd to be buzzing like a CL semi night? He's just as out of touch as the board are.

They don't have a clue mate and to be honest I don't think they care. Jose's just finding something to blame the poor performance of the team on.

He hasn't thought to mention it before. It's not like it's a new thing, the atmospheres been shocking the past 10-15 years.

We're letting clubs attack us at home after going 1-0 up and he expects the crowd to be buzzing like a CL semi night? He's just as out of touch as the board are.

Yeah, come to think about it, I think they will doing nothing even if they know about it. World is sucks.

But I'm still curious to know how it will end, about that Chelsea fan who manage keep in touch with JT.

Just a small review over my experience this season.

I am "tourist", bulgarian . Found a job in London just after I graduate and (believe it or not) first thing to do after I got my salary was to buy a Membership. Felt so proud, damn it, finally being able to go to The Bridge.

It was against Swansea and I havent miss a single home game after that. I managed to get a MH ticket for that game. It was amazing, close to the pitch, very good atmosphere and a lot of singing...first 20-25min. Than pause, then another singing. I'd rate 7/10 compared to the football games in Bulgaria. Not rating the football at all, I was over the moon for being able to shout TIBO TIBO TIBO, just overall commitment wasnt at the level I wanted to be.

At Schalke game it was a small disaster. The place is Shed end and there were 10-15 people trying to do something more than mooning why is Drogba starting, where is Remy, how bad Schalke is supposed to be...bla bla. Okey, I guess it was a game in CL where it is a well known fact that Chelsea are trying hard after the group stages.

Wasn't being able to buy a good ticket for Aston Villa, I was located at the Upper West Stand. Nothing much, but an old man cheering all the time. I was absolutely stunned by the people saying to their kids that singing is not very good when other people want to enjoy the game. WTF?! AM I in England or what?

Last game I was in West Stand Lower, close to Shed End. I tried to sing, person seating next to me told me that I will be banned if I continue yelling Chelsea for no reason. A father with two kids asked me to not stand up, because his kids are not that tall. Next to them there were 3 free seats. 15min before the end those "fans" started queueing towards the way out.

I am not disappointed, I love the game, I love Chelsea, but people should know that it is a lot easier to see the game on TV. You are at the Bridge for the atmosphere and this is important for both, you and the team.

P.S. F*ck...so many typos. Sorry about that.

Jose isn't just making an excuse for not performing well, he's just trying to get an reaction from the supporters, which it clearly is doing so far, hopefully in our next home game it will improve, or at least show the fans that the team and Jose knows they need to do more.

I am "tourist", bulgarian . Found a job in London just after I graduate and (believe it or not) first thing to do after I got my salary was to buy a Membership. Felt so proud, damn it, finally being able to go to The Bridge.

It was against Swansea and I havent miss a single home game after that. I managed to get a MH ticket for that game. It was amazing, close to the pitch, very good atmosphere and a lot of singing...first 20-25min. Than pause, then another singing. I'd rate 7/10 compared to the football games in Bulgaria. Not rating the football at all, I was over the moon for being able to shout TIBO TIBO TIBO, just overall commitment wasnt at the level I wanted to be.

At Schalke game it was a small disaster. The place is Shed end and there were 10-15 people trying to do something more than mooning why is Drogba starting, where is Remy, how bad Schalke is supposed to be...bla bla. Okey, I guess it was a game in CL where it is a well known fact that Chelsea are trying hard after the group stages.

Wasn't being able to buy a good ticket for Aston Villa, I was located at the Upper West Stand. Nothing much, but an old man cheering all the time. I was absolutely stunned by the people saying to their kids that singing is not very good when other people want to enjoy the game. WTF?! AM I in England or what?

Last game I was in West Stand Lower, close to Shed End. I tried to sing, person seating next to me told me that I will be banned if I continue yelling Chelsea for no reason. A father with two kids asked me to not stand up, because his kids are not that tall. Next to them there were 3 free seats. 15min before the end those "fans" started queueing towards the way out.

I am not disappointed, I love the game, I love Chelsea, but people should know that it is a lot easier to see the game on TV. You are at the Bridge for the atmosphere and this is important for both, you and the team.

Congrats for the job and your new career :)

it is nice to heard it directly from the fans who coming to the stadium. Perhaps we have to organize some kind of petition about it from several fans and send it to Jose or JT or the club.

Thank you!

To be honest, there should be a stand only for singing and cheering. If you want to bring your kids there, it is your mistake, not the people who stand and yell.

Not sure about petitions. There is a huge demand about tickets and I'd say that if hardcore fans try to boycott, the atmosphere will be even worse, yet the stadium filled as normal.

Jose isn't just making an excuse for not performing well, he's just trying to get an reaction from the supporters, which it clearly is doing so far, hopefully in our next home game it will improve, or at least show the fans that the team and Jose knows they need to do more.

Jose is genuinely trying to get the atmosphere better for our team and some people think its mind games, just like the Spanish fa thought he was playing mind games when he said costa can't play 2 games in 3 days :doh:

You sir, deserve a medal :clap: