Atmosphere at Home Games

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose has certainly opened a hornets nest, and it is a premeditated remark, he knows what he is doing.

Bottom line is teams win you titles. It has very little to do with the fans/atmosphere. Jose has moulded together the makings of his next great side but unfortunately at the Bridge outside of the big games, nobody is going to get excited about watching us have stacks of possession trying to break down two walls of five men the majority of the time.

Your post is absolutely stupid on so many aspects.

1. Fans and atmosphere can have a tremendous impact on the team. This is the main reason why playing at home is considered a major advantage. Players are emotional human beings, not machines. To an athlete, listening to a crowd of thousands chanting his name could be the difference between running 45 minutes or 90. When a group of athletes are psychologically motivated, this has a huge impact on their intensity and this is why the crowd can be so crucial.

2. Real football fans DO get excited about watching their team against ANY club, big or small, for as long as 3 points are at stake. Clearly, you're not a real fan.

Massive reason why I generally attend away games more than home games is because the atmosphere during a regular home game at the Bridge is just so timid.

The first steps that need to be taken are clear IMO. They need to restructure the seating allocations - something like putting the more vocal fans together in the Shed End and the MH stand (and allowing them to stand and sing their hearts out and stuff without stewards constantly harassing), putting the away fans somewhere in the West stand and just putting all the more family orientated and quieter and/or the OAP individuals in the East stand would be a very simple thing to do and a great way to start trying to restructure everything.

It really isn't that hard to do.

Heard something the other day on Talksport, it's cheaper to fly to Spain and watch Real Madrid all year long than to buy a season ticket for a top PL side... what a joke.

It's true. In 2005 I saw Real Madrid at home against Lyon in the Champions League. Cost me 20 euros, bus travel from and to the place I lived, Valladolid (rougly 200 miles single distance) included.

Your post is absolutely stupid on so many aspects.

1. Fans and atmosphere can have a tremendous impact on the team. This is the main reason why playing at home is considered a major advantage. Players are emotional human beings, not machines. To an athlete, listening to a crowd of thousands chanting his name could be the difference between running 45 minutes or 90. When a group of athletes are psychologically motivated, this has a huge impact on their intensity and this is why the crowd can be so crucial.

2. Real football fans DO get excited about watching their team against ANY club, big or small, for as long as 3 points are at stake. Clearly, you're not a real fan.

Lol Portuguese piss take.

So Chelsea have won 5 FA Cups, 3 League wins, 2 League Cups, Champs League and Ropey League despite the atmosphere having been been pony at the Bridge for 12-15 years ?

Ferguson used to slate Old Trafford from time to time, Highbury didn't get the nick name Library for no reason and our atmosphere in previous title winning seasons has been dire but it made absolutely no difference. The best teams won simple as that.

If fans/atmosphere's won you titles, clubs like Portsmouth wouldn't be where they are now and despite what the Scousers might think I'm still yet to see a crowd have any effect on the game or scare any set of players. If it did, Sunderland would never have beaten us in the League Cup back in 1985.

Dont get me wrong we'd all like the atmosphere as good as it is away at home, but aint gonna happen.

As for not ''being a real fan'', I was going 20 years before your dad shot his load and produced you so, with all due respect youre talking bollocks.

I don't think it's the price. That's just a stupid excuse. Because in USA people pay a lot of money for tickets an atmosphere is great in the games.

The one that makes more sense is all the stupid rules.

No standing zone and the stewards making it hard for the loud fans.

I don't think it's the price. That's just a stupid excuse. Because in USA people pay a lot of money for tickets an atmosphere is great in the games.

The one that makes more sense is all the stupid rules.

No standing zone and the stewards making it hard for the loud fans.

It is not the price? So for Barcelona is okey to have less than 400£ for season ticket, for Real is similar, but Arsenal, Chelsea and for fuck sake GLORY Tottenham are selling on higher prices. We all know where all the stars are and what added value means.

In USA fans are related to the clubs like I am related to the moon - I can see it, but I don't care about it as long as it stays there.

It is not the price? So for Barcelona is okey to have less than 400£ for season ticket, for Real is similar, but Arsenal, Chelsea and for fuck sake GLORY Tottenham are selling on higher prices. We all know where all the stars are and what added value means.

In USA fans are related to the clubs like I am related to the moon - I can see it, but I don't care about it as long as it stays there.

What a silly remark.

My point still stand. Price is a stupid excuse.

Because people will still find way to go to it just like in USA.

The main problem will continue to be that, no separate section. Some section should be for family and others for the loud cheering fan.

Whole world admits PL tickets are too expensive (Chelsea being second most expensive), but I guess you know more. Check the average salary in UK and compare it to Germany/Spain. Then check the season ticket price.

Also Singha beer costs almost 300% less than the selling price at the Bridge. The number of stewards (in and outside of the stadium) is another thing that I don't get.

Whole world admits PL tickets are too expensive (Chelsea being second most expensive), but I guess you know more. Check the average salary in UK and compare it to Germany/Spain. Then check the season ticket price.

Also Singha beer costs almost 300% less than the selling price at the Bridge. The number of stewards (in and outside of the stadium) is another thing that I don't get.

Price are expensive as well in USA but that doesn't impede to get great atmosphere in the NBA, NFL and what not.

It's the policy and regulations in the stadium.

If we had standing allowed and sections for the loud fans, it would help a lot.

Jose isn't just making an excuse for not performing well, he's just trying to get an reaction from the supporters, which it clearly is doing so far, hopefully in our next home game it will improve, or at least show the fans that the team and Jose knows they need to do more.

There are better, more civilized and more effective method of addressing the issue than humiliating the fans that pay his and the players wages technically and giving our enemies/rivals stick to beat us with. he could have spoken to the supporters group/ representatives and the club's hierarchy in an attempt to rectify the issue but no criticizing the fans publicly is the right way to do it.

He dropped the ball this time.

There are better, more civilized and more effective method of addressing the issue than humiliating the fans that pay his and the players wages technically and giving our enemies/rivals stick to beat us with. he could have spoken to the supporters group/ representatives and the club's hierarchy in an attempt to rectify the issue but no criticizing the fans publicly is the right way to do it.

He dropped the ball this time.

Hah, you think that would of got more attention than what Jose did? Controversial as always but it is effective, you don't get anything done in the football world being a nice guy my friend.