• Remy
    • Luis (sub)
    • Salah (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest this was the game that I am okay with a draw before it started. Mixed feeling after the international break, and no Costa, but in the end we managed to get the 3 points. This is one of the sign, I believe we could do this (to be the Champion) this season. Roman's banner, Azpi red card didn't even bother me at all. Also with gooners draw, this is one happy day, I have no complain.

Good result, and that is the bottom line. I thought Oscar had a fabulous match. He has looked much better so far this year. Hazard disappointed at times, especially with the one give away pass in our own end. Cesc was Fabregas-tic. Dave got a little out of control. Matic seemed to be everywhere and should have scored one. Terry had a near miss as well. Luis looked a little rusty, but that could be expected. Not meant as a jab at Remy, but it was almost like "did he play?" when compared to when Costa is on the pitch. You know where Costa is every second of a match. The guy is constantly moving and usually with an attack slant. Remy was very unsure of himself and not very active in my opinion. I say lets rest Diego for Man U and not play him Tuesday.

Never really felt the result was in doubt, controlled the midfield well and shut them down when needed for the most part.

A win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win, blah blah blah blah. Top of the table after 8 matches by 5 points mates! I'll take it every time. :getin:

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Was I was hearing the Steven Gerrard song from the Palace fans? :D

Nope, those were CFC fans. I want to give them a shout out as well. Everyone knows how loud the CP fans are, but on my TV I only heard CFC fans. It appeared that CP fans were dancing to CFC chants :Goober:

weird game. 2 reds though cant say that they were undeserving. the game was end to end and very high tempo. we controlled and dominated it for the majority it but had a few anxious minutes towards the end. another 3 points, and a perfect weekend.

courtois- made some great saves at the start of the match to keep us in the game.

azpi - stupid tackle. if u go in with r studs up then its bound to give u a red.

JT - was solid as usual. 500th appearance as our Captain. CLL.

GC - had a shambolic start to the game. seemed hung over or something. but made it up brilliantly with that tackle towards the end of the match. and what a tackle that was.

iva - had a good game. brilliant workrate. provided the width whenever required when we went a man down. defensively was barely troubled.

matic-poor game by his standard. even the azpi tackle was made after he lost the ball and not for the first time. definitely controlled the game after both teams were reduced to 10 men but definitely could not control the speed in the start.

cesc - good game and what a goal. BEAUTY!!! absolute BEAUTY!!!! another wonderful pupper master performance where he controlled everything.

hazard - good game. but he needs to be a little selfish. what was the use of that pass to remy when he was literally thru on goal. and that was not the only time. sometimes he should be a little selfish.

oscar - MOTM. another brilliant performance. that workrate was just immense. i just hope that he gets a rest for maribor after the internationals and the amount of running he did today. a well deserved rest, i would say. a beauty of a freekick but the amount of tackles and interceptions he made was just crazy.

willian - good performance. nothing flashy or streaky. good workrate and link up play.

remy - nice hold up play. decent movement. dint get many chances to score though. that turn towards the end of the match was brilliant. overall a decent performance.

subs -

luis - dont understand why people so desperately want azpi to be dropped or iva to be dropped. if it was iva who had made a mistake as poor as luis' today, he would be castrated.

salah - decent cameo. could have put remy thru rather than trying to go past 3 people.

DD- atlast it seemed like he gave a damn!! ran and closed people down. won some headers. hope we see more of this DD.

mnylGWF.gif

gOJ0tQp.gif

2 great goals.

The accuracy & pace on Oscar's strike makes it unstoppable. Great, greak fk. Happy for him to be back to his best. Such a hard worker & such a likable guy.

Fabregas' is my favourite type of goal. A team goal w/ incisive passing. 4 passes took 8 Palace players out of the game & Cesc found himself onside & behind the def to calmly put it home. Brilliant :D

I've criticized Jose alot for his youth policy but fair play to him bringing Solanke on unfortunately Filipe got done by Zaha. I imagine he must be gutted.

Oscar the obvious MoTM although Cesc and Matic weren't far behind. This game was all about that trio. Hazard was great but needs to develop a killer insinct, should have killed the game instead of passing responsibility.