Crystal Palace v Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly as MrE said, Pulis is gone now, Warnock is one of those old school managers who likes a size 9 up his players but is pretty shit tactically. Jose has those type of managers for breakfast.

Last four home victories vs Arsenal we went on to drop points the league game later (1-2 vs Everton, 0-0 vs Villa, 2-2 vs Reading, 0-1 vs Palace).

Hopefully we stop this trend here.

Hey, I'm supposed to be the one providing the stats! :rant:

They haven't been the same side with Pulis. If we at least turn up which I expect us to do, we should win without any serious problems.

True but it's to these sides that we frequently dropped points last season and the others didn't have Tony Pulis. Am confident we can beat Palace but will be slightly cautious at the same time.

True but it's to these sides that we frequently dropped points last season and the others didn't have Tony Pulis. Am confident we can beat Palace but will be slightly cautious at the same time.

They didn't have Pulis, but they had better managers than Warnock.

They didn't have Pulis, but they had better managers than Warnock.

Warnock or not still bit hmm....we lost to QPR that time who were crap..diff season but still bit eeek.Not always plain sailing and hopefully the game be treated as Arsenal was which has been the case so far

This will probably get to 17 pages before the fucking game kicks off.

Internationals :wank2:

Just pointless..for England anyway cause know what happen...fine in Qualifier..omg we can win and omg Rooney's our Captain ooo so amazing England oh look we're shit...where did it go wrong blah blah..the same way it has for every other year!!

Its just the eeek dont get injured feeling as well..loooong.Nice not to worry about result I guess but meh

Warnock or not still bit hmm....we lost to QPR that time who were crap..diff season but still bit eeek.Not always plain sailing and hopefully the game be treated as Arsenal was which has been the case so far

We were rubbish back then. Of course we could drop points but if we play to our maximum then I can't see it.

This will probably get to 17 pages before the fucking game kicks off.

Internationals :wank2:

The second break ain't to bad, I tend to but fifa on the weekend of the October break which helps ease the boredom and frustration of the break.

The September and November ones are killers tho. Especially September, you finally get prem football back after months without only to have it snatched away again for internationals.

More how we have been in the prem less then we have in Europe.Maybe not let Schurrle take chances lol.Does seem so far approached each game with a good attitude so see no reason why shouldnt for this one its just the break in between thats a pain

This fixture last year was the one I thought we lost the title on. After beating Arsenal 6-0 we came into this game at Selhurst Park and had little to no attacking nous. I thought Palace offered little as well other than a shitty pitch that played extremely slow, but they did seem capable of frustrating us.

Firstly, we were without Ramires and Eto'o so we started with Frank and Torres...

full lineup was 4-3-3 with Cech, Brana, Cahill, Terry, Azpi, Matic, Luiz, Lampard, Hazard, Schurrle, Torres

First, Luiz was subbed off at half with an ankle injury and the game changed for the worse. Oscar came on and we changed from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1. We no long we in control of the match.

Frank, I thought played decent but couldn't get the ball moving into dangerous areas quickly enough, he was later taken off for Salah in what I thought was a really bizarre sub since it was such a physical contest. Salah came on and provided some spark but had little understanding with the team so was utterly useless.

We took off Schurrle and brought on Ba... Jose, I love you but this game lost us the title. Fernando Torres was slightly more effective than a lamp post and got a full 90... Not only should he not have started but he should've been subbed at the half for being largely ineffectual and mostly shit! We were clearly playing with 10 men all game, the one decent chance he had to score came in the dying minutes of the game when O'Keefe passed it backwards right to torres who had Ba and Oscar in fantastic positions to score and he shot it well over the bar... No surprise there. He had nothing all game and was being physically dominated all match, Ba would've provided way more and should've started.

Hazard looked so tired! he too went 1 v1 with the keeper and had his shot well saved by Speroni. 9 times out of 10 you would expect him to score... that was the one time. Other that than he had no influence and looked disinterested.

Brana, Azpi and Terry had probably their worse games collectively. Terry not only scored the OG but also missed a couple of glorious opportunities to equalize off set pieces. He was very unsure defensively as was Brana who also looked completely knackered and had to chase Puncheon all game.

What I'm trying to say, in a rather long winded fashion is, we can't ever be as poor as we were last year at Selhurst Park. If we show up playing anything close to the football we've been playing this year we should win. We had 21 shots but only two were on goal.... I can't imagine that being the case again this year with Costa.

We should win comfortably 3/4-0 we have much more than they do and are very good on the road this year.