Petr Cech

eldo

I don't see anyone calling him rubbish ,, just some justly critical of his present form. As the saying form is temporary and Class is permanent,, I hope we soon

see a return to CLASS.. Next season there may well be a change in the whole situation . But its a long time to next August.

Absolutely spot on Ron. I don't think anyone really thinks he is rubbish. He's just out of form at the moment.

Mignolet can't keep a clean sheet for love nor money at the minute. Maybe there's something in the water.

Nearly all his goals conceded were not his fault though, he's probably the best performing goalie in the league at the minute.

Go have a look at RAWK, they think they've got the new Schmeichel :P

Man City and West Brom as well.

I still wouldn't drop him because we don't have anyone better at the club....right now. But Courtois is pencilled in for the starting spot next season.

Yeah next season we need to weigh the situation up between Petr and Thibaut but to drop Cech for Schwarzer right now because of that mistake would be ridiculous given that ok hes made the other two mistakes as you've mentioned how many times has he kept us in games where we have been terrible? A lot. Goalkeepers make mistakes, they are human too... just when a goalkeeper makes a mistake it is much more costly.

Really? He did one thing wrong, other than that and that horrible throw out to Eto'o vs Everton that was in the build up to their goal.... hes done nothing wrong. I wouldn't drop Petr, he made a stupid mistake but it was ONE, its not like he made 3 or 4 in the same game.

He's not been consistent enough this season IMO. Schwarzer is good enough to deputise while Cech gets his stuff back together. A period on the bench might refocus him.

Seriously, all emotional value aside, you have a keeper in his thirties now, who is still good but as of this season quite clearly in decline. In Spain you have a 20 year old keeper who was just elected as best goalie of the Primera Divison, and is wanted by both Barca and Madrid. He'll be good to go for at least 12 seasons barring major injuries...

Seriously, all emotional value aside, you have a keeper in his thirties now, who is still good but as of this season quite clearly in decline. In Spain you have a 20 year old keeper who was just elected as best goalie of the Primera Divison, and is wanted by both Barca and Madrid. He'll be good to go for at least 12 seasons barring major injuries...

I am sorry but that is absolute nonsense, keepers can play alot longer than players and the age of Cech is not an issue. I would say of the whole team, he is the strongest, i am dumbfounded how fickle some people can be over like two mistakes all season. It happens no-one is perfect, but he is bloody close, that is a fact. It is not emotional, it is a fact. Having a 20 year old goalie, is that what you want, some train wreck like DeGea, that is the other flipside of your best goalie, and don't give me he won an award, that was clearly an inside joke, as he is a farcical goalie.

Wow. Are you like, one of Cech's kids or something? 'Farcical'? He's been playing on an exceptionally high level for 4 years now. Made an underdog club Belgian Champions because of a couple of miracle saves during the title matches, Won a UEFA Cup, a Spanish Cup and a Super Cup in 2,5 years in Spain, made it through the Champions League group stage without losing a single match...

Now, I clearly respect Cech and his career, exceptional keeper. But if his form is not an issue, please explain the previous couple of pages on this topic. There's talk of temporarily benching him for Schwarzer even...

Farcical goalie... You're blind.

On the other hand, I still think management will keep Cech and Courtois will eventually go...

I am sorry but that is absolute nonsense, keepers can play alot longer than players and the age of Cech is not an issue. I would say of the whole team, he is the strongest, i am dumbfounded how fickle some people can be over like two mistakes all season. It happens no-one is perfect, but he is bloody close, that is a fact. It is not emotional, it is a fact. Having a 20 year old goalie, is that what you want, some train wreck like DeGea, that is the other flipside of your best goalie, and don't give me he won an award, that was clearly an inside joke, as he is a farcical goalie.

Dumbest post of the year candidate