Chelsea v Aston Villa

Jase

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never thought I'd be saying this before the season, but we may actually miss Ramires for a little while here. Sounds like he'll be out for a couple of weeks. We definitely could've used him against Villa who will surely try to pack the midfield against us.

My prediction is either 5-0 or 2-2 depending on who scores first....

the good thing about this season is, even though we have already conceded first far too often, we have been able to come back and turn the game around. Last being a goal down would at least have meant that we would lose 2 points.

Costa is the player who can win us those games on his own. HIs share of scrappy goals from near offside positions, pouncing on a deflection or exploiting a defensive error is what wins you those ugly matches vs resolute but limited teams.

What I'd like to see..

Courtois

Dave - Cahill - Terry - Luis

Matic - Fabregas

Schurrle - Oscar - Hazard

Costa

absolutely love this lineup vs those kind of teams it is perfectly balanced and expresses our ambition to score. When Schürrle, Costa and Hazard have their scoring boots on this should be no problem.

Villa are actually tied for second place with Southampton. Obviously they won't finish anywhere near there, but tells you something about the form they're in.

Best part is, they have scored only 4 goals and yet sit in 3rd!

And they have the second best defence in the league.

José was clearly in a bad mood, wasn't he?

It seemed like the last thing he wanted was to be in that press room. lol

And it seems he thinks our squad is small... didn't he say for a while until a couple of weeks ago that we had a fantastic squad? That we were set? Now we're small? If we are small, it's his fault and the board (not saying I agree we have a small squad). If he thought we were small shouldn't he have been worried about bringing more players? Tbh I didn't get this interview... he seemed in a bad mood, didn't engage in conversation and said things such as this one that don't make much sense to me based on his speech the last two months... weird to say the least. Should we expect tracking suits tomorrow? lol