Jase

Man of the Match  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I was the only one to see Cesc pressing well most of the time and putting a shift defensively. I saw him tackling on many occasions, intercepting balls, pressing in sync with others... He's made mistakes - the biggest one being the goal he's missed, but defensively, I didn't see him making mistakes today... he was well positioned most time, he wasn't running behind opponents like a headless chicken, so the things Neville pointed against Swansea didn't happen today or happened rarely... still he's getting stick for his defensive presentation. Also, most of chances created passed through him at one point or the other...

I'm sorry, I think I'm too pissed to think properly, so I'm coming off too blunt now. Somehow I feel like I've watched a different match to everyone. I feel like Cesc and Iva are getting far more criticism than they deserve whereas the guys who really could improve are barely mentioned. I'll re-watch the match later this week... maybe I'll come to the same conclusions seemingly everyone did...

You weren't the one only one. Not sure what match others were watching. Just checked - only Matic and Luis made more tackles than him. I saw him intercepting and making clearances too. I don't blame him for the goal we conceded - he was fouled and it happened in their half and our defenders had the time and opportunity to stop the counter attack but didn't.

Cesc was great today and Didier came back. Legend! But we were unlucky. Read all about it in my blog! Link in my bio :)

What ever happened to that 'my Africans' dude? Croatian guy, his name was Tommy I think. He was the best thing about this forum.

I guess I was the only one to see Cesc pressing well most of the time and putting a shift defensively. I saw him tackling on many occasions, intercepting balls, pressing in sync with others... He's made mistakes - the biggest one being the goal he's missed, but defensively, I didn't see him making mistakes today... he was well positioned most time, he wasn't running behind opponents like a headless chicken, so the things Neville pointed against Swansea didn't happen today or happened rarely... still he's getting stick for his defensive presentation. Also, most of chances created passed through him at one point or the other...

I'm sorry, I think I'm too pissed to think properly, so I'm coming off too blunt now. Somehow I feel like I've watched a different match to everyone. I feel like Cesc and Iva are getting far more criticism than they deserve whereas the guys who really could improve are barely mentioned. I'll re-watch the match later this week... maybe I'll come to the same conclusions seemingly everyone did...

Cesc is probably going to be slated because of his missed chance and how he lost the ball for their goal. Ramires really, really, really should have fouled Draxler though in that counter attack. He wasn't even on a yellow card. This is where having a brain would help him.

The only thing that I was concerned about was the fact that Mourinho really underestimated them, starting Drogba was nice but it was the wrong choice, both for the team and for the fans who came to the bridge today (really poor support tonight btw, they outsang us hard just like last year)... Nevertheless, Remy or Costa should have started and Drogba could of come on after we were comfortably winning. Bad dicision by Jose.

But who gives a damn, our real concern is City and the league, not this group of death.

Roll on Sunday!

What ever happened to that 'my Africans' dude? Croatian guy, his name was Tommy I think. He was the best thing about this forum.

Haha, SOUTH ENGLAND PORTSMOUTH FC!

Was banned, I think. I dunno why, I missed the drama through inactivity. His 'Share your PES/FIFA team' thread is what remains in his wake.

You weren't the one only one. Not sure what match others were watching. Just checked - only Matic and Luis made more tackles than him. I saw him intercepting and making clearances too. I don't blame him for the goal we conceded - he was fouled and it happened in their half and our defenders had the time and opportunity to stop the counter attack but didn't.

Cesc is probably going to be slated because of his missed chance and how he lost the ball for their goal. Ramires really, really, really should have fouled Draxler though in that counter attack. He wasn't even on a yellow card. This is where having a brain would help him.

thank you! as I'm really mad now (not at people here, but about the match), I feel I'm kind of blind and maybe even biased - I'm not being sarcastic. I feel like any other player could have lost the ball there. It was the final third. We should have done a better work after he was dispossessed. If every time a player is dispossessed and we watch, we'll concede goals most of them.

I agree about Ramires too. He was so easily dismissed by Draxler... it was almost as if he wasn't even there...

A point really isn't the end of the world. Hopefully a sign that our players are more focused on the league which in all reality isn't too unethical considering the quality of opposition in our Champions League group and our opponents on Sunday.

KTBFFH

Fabregas scored one, but missed an incredible chance in the 1st. Drogba missed a Torres opportunity in the 2nd. Team was way too lenient the whole match, playing like the win was a natural result.

I've been saying this since last season, our defense is our weak point. Playing a more attacking football, we are conceding more goals: 7 in 5 matches. Now that David Luiz is gone, I hope people will understand that making less error than Luiz doesn't mean you are a world class defender. Another goal conceded where Cahill was doing "ball watching". Another game where Matic was leaving too much space in the mid. Its unbelievable that months ago people were saying he was as good as Yaya Toure.

Good match from Hazard. Willian was good. I understand Mourinho for starting Drogba, but I hope he won't make that mistake again.

Gourlay is the number one culprit here. Tbh idc, it's still a point and an absolute worldie came and sat next to me on the train home. As good as 3 points in my books.

And you didn't f*ck her right in the pussy? I'm disappointed.