Jase

Man of the Match  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the game. Frustrated we didn't win it given we had more than enough chances to do so, but a draw's not a bad result all things considered.

Was really impressed with Luis, Hazard was also great. Have to say Draxler was superb too, had to applaud him as he came off :ph34r:

On another note, first time seeing the the new lights, they look amazing:

IMG_2352copy_zpsecade157.jpg

You were sat literally two metres from where Joe Weller was B)

Drogba put up a Torres performence yesterday. I think it's not good for him to get involved in a player capacity any more.

Fabergas was unlucky to miss that chance in the first half and also to become the man responsible for Schalke's equalizer.

They nicked the ball from him. I have seen countless such. One very typical was in last year's Arsenal v. Dortmund, the 1-2. Arsenal forward was looking for position in the edge of the box to shoot, has the ball nicked from him, counterattack, the Germans score. If the defenders don't play man to man or have eased down it always spells danger.

Yesterday we missed 6 open goal chances: Ramirez, Cesc, Drogba (2), Hazard (2). Drogba finished the second of his chances as best as he could, also Hazard the second again of his two chances. The other four misses were horrible.

I don't even know how to start commenting on these two phrases...

How could you possibly say that our defense was our weak point last season when Torres and Eto'o were our main strikers?!

And how in the world can one understand this second phrase you wrote, how you managed to connect Luiz to this? And if you are saying what I think you are saying - that Cahill isn't a world class defender, well, I don't have anything much to say to you, I really don't.

Get a grip.

Cahill? World-class? michael-jordan-laughs.gif?w=320&h=240

Not the greatest result in all honesty but in the grand scheme of things the football at times was excellent. I can see massive improvement in our attacking style compared to last season and also our ball retention is much tighter this season. Hazard and Cesc were very impressive for me, Cesc was feeding the ball all over the field with ease and Hazard had them all over the place.

It's frustrating but nothing major is lost as yet, we should of buried those chances but that's European football and football in general, you must capitalize when the chances arrive. I was very surprised to see Didier start, I thought it was the wrong choice before KO and still say it now. I'd of gone with Remy all day long and think he would of made more of a threat. Thought Luis had a very solid game and played some fantastic crosses and his energy levels were very promising.

2 points lost but the performance was very good IMO and on another day we win 2/3-0

Heads up for City.

Can't understand what is so funny about it.

What's funny about it is that Cahill is nowhere near world-class. He is distinctly average, he excels at nothing and and is repeatedly shown up in one-on-one situations.

I still haven't forgotten Kenny fucking Miller embarrassing him in a friendly last year. michael-jordan-laughs.gif?w=320&h=240

there are only a few better than him.

Even if that were true (it's not) it would only mean that there is a real dearth of quality CBs if Cahill is considered one of the best around.

IMO he was the best center-back in the PL last season and was preferred by Mourinho over a 50M pound defender. Can't be that bad...

Terry was easily better than Cahill last season.

Luiz is never a 50m defender in real value so that's a moot point. If somebody was mad enough to bid even 20m for Cahill he'd be sent packing immediately.

Positives:

1. Luis' performance. Those crosses were 'delicious'.

2. Going forward and actually creating chances. Much improvement from last season.

3. Saved by Maribor's stoppage time equaliser against Sporting Lisbon. Everything still the way it is in the group (sort of).

Negatives:

1. Mourinho starting Drogba and not Remy, at least. Feels like the former was chosen because of sentimental reasons.

2. Defensively still look a suspect and way too open at times. Team not pressing as a unit and getting bypassed way too easily at times.

3. Missing chances galore. That was so like the 2013/14 Chelsea.

)

The importance of a proper finisher(costa) up front has been underestimated, that was the only thing preventing Mourinho from playing more attacking football last season. We would turn to Arsenal attacking in vein then conceding when we miss all our chances.

We have to pray Remy is far better finisher than drogba is or I can see Mourinho getting frustrated and going defensive once again if costa is not fit.

The way the game was, I think it's better for us that we didn't win it. The draw should be a wake-up call and I hope the players and the manager realize that we can't afford treating this competition like it is Capital One Cup. This is UEFA Champions League and there's no time for taking it slow. I'm expecting a much better display against Sporting.

I'm also expecting Filipe Luis to be an important man for this club rather sooner than later.

Already it's obvious what Jose's main aim in next summers market. A proactive centre half who can play a high block.

I wanted a CB this past summer, and I do hope we go for one in Jan, even if it means us playing an inflated price for him.