Loïc Rémy

SeB

Pretty much a must sign-signing now with Torres fucking off and Bamford on loan. If we don't sign him if we are in serious trouble with just Costa and Drogba. Destro is not going to be sold for a good fee and this guy for 8m is a bargain, just hope he doesn't get a heart attack anytime on the pitch.

Jose will not allow the club not to have a third choice striker I am absolute certain about that.

Fetch Remy in and that's that, perfect window and if and I say if Costa is out injured/suspended then we have a great back up.

Costa, Remy, Drogba. Great, diverse strike force IMO.

So, roughly, hopefully this window our ins and outs could possible look like this:

Outs:
Torres (2 year loan)
Luiz (£40m)
Lukaku (28.5m)
Ba (£5m)
Van Aanholt (£1.5m)

George Saville (£1m)
Eto'o (free - high wages)

Lampard (free - high wages)

A. Cole (free - high wages)

Hilario (free)

Total sold: £86m (+ a lot of freed up wages)

Ins:

Costa (£32m)

Fabregas (£27m)

Filipe Luis (£16m)

Drogba (free)

Remy (£8m)

Pasilic (£3m)

Total bought: £86m

Net spent: ~£10m

Fantastic.

Edit - with Torres gone on loan and not a permanent transfer, we won't know what fee we'll receive at the moment. So net spent has been changed to £10m, which is still very, very good.

Edited by The Skipper

Costa, Remy, Drogba. Great, diverse strike force IMO.

So, roughly, hopefully this window our ins and outs could possible look like this:

Outs:

Torres (£10m)

Luiz (£40m)

Lukaku (28.5m)

Ba (£5m)

Van Aanholt (£1.5m)

George Saville (£1m)

Eto'o (free - high wages)

Lampard (free - high wages)

A. Cole (free - high wages)

Hilario (free)

Total sold: £86m (+ a lot of freed up wages)

Ins:

Costa (£32m)

Fabregas (£27m)

Filipe Luis (£16m)

Drogba (free)

Remy (£8m)

Pasilic (£3m)

Total bought: £86m

Net spent: ~£0m

Fantastic.

We essentially get nothing for Torres as he will want a few millions as severance package so his fee is nothing even if we get 10m.

I know Remy is decent striker but people will be too excited about Torres leaving and will expect alot from Remy like he is Messi or sth, same that happend with Ba.

Honestly, I dont expect many goals from Remy, maybe 10 at most, but that will be success if he does. I still dont see him as someone who will properly replace Costa if he faces lenghty injury. I just dont find Remy proper character wanting to achieve more and win trophies. He looks after money thats why he went to QPR in first place. Dont forget he was absolutely terrible in first season with QPR too, as was with Marseile last season.

But for 8m, I hope he does well. I would just prefer a player with some more potential, someone who is eager to compete with Costa, improve and give most in every game he gets. Just dont see that in Remy unfortunely.

I know Remy is decent striker but people will be too excited about Torres leaving and will expect alot from Remy like he is Messi or sth, same that happend with Ba.

Honestly, I dont expect many goals from Remy, maybe 10 at most, but that will be success if he does. I still dont see him as someone who will properly replace Costa if he faces lenghty injury. I just dont find Remy proper character wanting to achieve more and win trophies. He looks after money thats why he went to QPR in first place. Dont forget he was absolutely terrible in first season with QPR too, as was with Marseile last season.

But for 8m, I hope he does well. I would just prefer a player with some more potential, someone who is eager to compete with Costa, improve and give most in every game he gets. Just dont see that in Remy unfortunely.

No-one's really going to look to Remy like that. Much like Ba was, I'm sure the consensus will be that Loic is simply coming in to make the numbers in options for attack. However as to whether he could fill in for Costa, should the Spaniard face a long injury, I don't see why he couldn't. It's not like he's completely useless. He has the belief and the talent, the former which abandoned Torres for so long.

No-one's really going to look to Remy like that. Much like Ba was, I'm sure the consensus will be that Loic is simply coming in to make the numbers in options for attack. However as to whether he could fill in for Costa, should the Spaniard face a long injury, I don't see why he couldn't. It's not like he's completely useless. He has the belief and the talent, the former which abandoned Torres for so long.

I know that, but you will see yourself his thread after few games :P

Personaly, I just dont like his character for some reason, could change under Mou though, but if it takes 10m-15m more to get Bony, I would take that in sec.

Chelsea have contacted QPR about the striker's availability on either a loan or permanent deal. (Mail) #CFC #QPRFC

Remy has made it clear that he wants to leave Loftus Road for a team playing in Europe's elite competition. #CFC #QPRFC (Mail)

Remy impressed on loan at Newcastle United last season, scoring 14 goals in 26 league games. #CFC (Mail)